• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sign and Trade John Collins for Steven Adams

Hawkmoor

22 hours ago, NBASupes said:

His fit with Zion was terrible. Bledsoe/Ball aren't PnR PGs. It was a bad situation for Adams. 

I always said the “next” team that gets Adam will get the OKC Adam, erase what you saw from Adams as a Pelican, Stan didn’t know what he was doing.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

We can’t start 6’ 8” John Collins against the bucks. But the suns managed starting Jae Crowder at 6’6” and Mikal  Bridges at 6’6” with no issues? that’s not taking into account 6’8” Reddish & Hunter too. Collins and Capela size was not and is not the issue.

Things that make you go 🤔.

Agreed 100%.  Suns start Crowder at the 4 and rebounded way better.  We just did a horrible job boxing out.  It was extremely frustrating seeing PHX small lineup holding the Bucks to one shot when the Hawks let the Bucks run untouched into the lane for offensive boards.  We were just outhustled, period.

We can't play this lineup against the 76ers yet we beat them without HCA in a 7 game series without Hunter or Reddish, and a hobbled Bogi.

We took the Bucks to 6 games without HCA with Trae only playing 2.5 healthy games and no Hunter.  We are also a much younger team then them.  All of our young guys will hopefully improve, it's not like our young guys are 25-ish young, they are 21-23 young.  This was an incredible run for such a young team and will give them a TON of confidence going forward.  

Obviously not all of our young guys are going to make major leaps, but if just ONE of Hunter/Reddish/Heurter/Collins/Okongwu improves significantly we are a contender.  

Since we are so young there is no need to blow it up yet.  We can see what happens with this roster the next 2 years and make major changes at that point if needed.  We will still be young.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Adams was at the top of my wish list. I

Your guy I recall. You wanted him more than anyone if I remember correctly. I agreed back then as well because..

We are all one poster. (Some a bit angrier than others lol)

• Haha 1

On 7/8/2021 at 11:00 PM, ATLHawks3 said:

@Hawkmoor look at this! 😲

Good post!  His form is very good in this clip.  Busting threes like its nothing.  You CAN play THAT with Capela.  You put that height on the floor, then the Hawks can beat Milwaukee, Philly, upfront.  Milwaukee is struggling now because of the height that Ayton brings with Phoenix.  He neutralizes the height advantage that Lopez had against the Hawks. Again, good post.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Reminds me of the Dwight Howard shooting video.

I thought about this too, lol. And when he tried it in a real game, it was as expected - Not Good.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Good post!  His form is very good in this clip.  Busting threes like its nothing.  You CAN play THAT with Capela.  You put that height on the floor, then the Hawks can beat Milwaukee, Philly, upfront.  Milwaukee is struggling now because of the height that Ayton brings with Phoenix.  He neutralizes the height advantage that Lopez had against the Hawks. Again, good post.

Practice?  We talking bout practice?

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

i like adams more than capella but you can't put adams and capella as your front court

Maybe we can be trend setters, trailblazers if you will.

Trae

Bogi

Hunter

Capela

Adams

Aka Beat a mug up ina paint!

On 7/7/2021 at 12:03 PM, ATLHawks3 said:

Also most of our problems defensively against the Bucks was because we couldn't stop Jrue and Middleton from getting anywhere they wanted on the court. So it meant our bigs had to help more on defense against them, leaving guys like Portis and Lopez open for easy baskets. A lot of our problems would be solved with a healthy Hunter and Reddish.

That's one of your problems. But playoff teams can gameplan against Cam and Hunter. Trae cannot play a lick of defense because he's just too light so the team is always playing 4 on 5. You need a good quality center to make up for Trae. Capela and Collins will not get you pass a healthy Nets and still the Bucks with a healthy Dante D. Capela and Collins got exposed for their size and toughness 

On 7/8/2021 at 11:00 PM, ATLHawks3 said:

@Hawkmoor look at this! 😲

By the way, this isn't an approval from me to pair Capela and Adams. It was just an interesting video to see Adams trying to expand his range.

I am still in favor of trade of Capela for Adams, Alexander-Walker, and a future 2nd if we had to do any trade for Capela as I see Walker as an explosive scorer off the bench for us next year.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

By the way, this isn't an approval from me to pair Capela and Adams. It was just an interesting video to see Adams trying to expand his range.

I am still in favor of trade of Capela for Adams, Alexander-Walker, and a future 2nd if we had to do any trade for Capela as I see Walker as an explosive scorer off the bench for us next year.

I don't take much from those types of summer videos.  I've seen too many videos of Dwight, Josh Smith, etc. nailing a stream of jumpers and claiming big changes were on the way.  I don't think Adams is making that claim but the very short video was clearly released to try to generate some excitement about it.  I'm very much a "show me" guy when someone with Adams' track record claims to have suddenly developed range he has never shown in a game before.  It has been years since I've played but I'm pretty sure you could get video of me hitting two shots in a row.  Real breakthroughs definitely happen but they are much less common than when the offseason "new jumper / best shape of his life / etc." claims simply fail to materialize.

• Like 1

Nate McMillan recognized what I recognized. If the Hawks don't address their lack of size up front, no way they getting past Milwaukee next season either.  Hunter and or Reddish neutralizes any damage that Middleton or Portis brings to the table.  The problem is you can't have Giannis and Loperz making layups:  Per  Chris Kirschner of the Athletic:

"Outside of a backup guard, Nate McMillan did mention how he felt like Milwaukee’s size overwhelmed them in the conference finals, so that could be something they address this offseason too."

Edited by Hawkmoor