• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sign and Trade John Collins for Steven Adams

Hawkmoor

• Premium Member

I think we're fine at center.  Clint will expire after two more seasons and OO will take the starting role (if he doesn't sooner).  We'll have to address backup C at that point but I think we have more urgent issues at backup PG and at SG.  I don't see us keeping Bogi for the length of his contract, especially with the risk of him being in a situation where he picks up the player options, so it will be interesting to see when we decide to trade him.  It might depend on how comfortable he is coming off the bench again.

7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Your move would be to trade Clint and pair Adams with JC.   That would work. It should even satisfy the folks who don't believe a Capela/Adams front court would work.  In fact, I agree with Adams being the better center for what the Hawks do and NEED.  The reason I wanted Collins gone is he IS gonna demand a max because somebody is gonna offer him that.  Should the Hawks match that offer and STILL have a big man problem on defense?  Again, I like YOUR lineup better for what the Hawks need.

This is a better scenario. However I'd want more from New Orleans if I was the Hawks. If they offered Adams + NAW for Capela, I'd do that trade yesterday.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ATLHawks3 said:

This is a better scenario. However I'd want more from New Orleans if I was the Hawks. If they offered Adams + NAW for Capela, I'd do that trade yesterday.

I don't see the Hawks trading Clint for Adams even if NO offered Hayes. Clint metrics wise has been massive for us while Adams had a major down year where he considered himself, "dead weight". 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I don't see the Hawks trading Clint for Adams even if NO offered Hayes. Clint metrics wise has been massive for us while Adams had a major down year where he considered himself, "dead weight". 

NAW is Nickeil-Alexander Walker. Hayes is too raw right now. NAW has that explosive scorer potential as a 6th man next year that I like a lot.

15 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

NAW is Nickeil-Alexander Walker. Hayes is too raw right now. NAW has that explosive scorer potential as a 6th man next year that I like a lot.

You pivoted in another direction, but I like it.  First, my main point is I rather get rid of Collins BECAUSE of the size problem going against the bigger front courts.  The solution you presented of keeping Collins and getting that size by trading Capela for Adams AND getting Walker.  Thats very enticing.  Thats something that would depend on how Nate and Travis view the bigs going forward and whether they feel as I do that size would continue to be a problem.  My original point of view had them trading for Adams just to GET SOMETHING for Collins that would help the size problem.  You brought a entire different scenario.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We aren't trading Clint, not right now anyways. I think TS likes the chemistry of this group, and his ability to play with Trae. But I hope they at least noted his terrible showing the playoffs, and that CC has struggled in the playoffs throughout his career. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

"It's the most, wonderful time, of the year"

I'm way ahead of whoever that was that pinned the article in that other thread where he had the Hawks trade Hunter, Reddish,  Bogi, Okongwu and 3 Firsts for Bradley Beal.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

We can’t start 6’ 8” John Collins against the bucks. But the suns managed starting Jae Crowder at 6’6” and Mikal  Bridges at 6’6” with no issues? that’s not taking into account 6’8” Reddish & Hunter too. Collins and Capela size was not and is not the issue.

Things that make you go 🤔.

6' 11" Deandre Ayton vs the entire midget Hawks front court.  

Ex-Wildcat Deandre Ayton has monster game as Suns beat Bucks | Suns |  tucson.com

Things That Make You Go HMMM - Hmmmmmmmmmmmm | Meme Generator

27 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I'm way ahead of whoever that was that pinned the article in that other thread where he had the Hawks trade Hunter, Reddish,  Bogi, Okongwu and 3 Firsts for Bradley Beal.  

Fair enough lol The trade rumors during the season have me completely turned off to whats to come during the offseason.

27 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

6' 11" Deandre Ayton vs the entire midget Hawks front court.  

Ex-Wildcat Deandre Ayton has monster game as Suns beat Bucks | Suns |  tucson.com

Things That Make You Go HMMM - Hmmmmmmmmmmmm | Meme Generator

Ayton: 7’1” in shoes with a 7’5.5” wingspan and 9’3” standing reach. 

Capela: 6’11” in shoes with a 7’4.5” wingspan and 9’5” standing reach. 

if only we had Steven adams: 7’0” in shoes with a 7’4.5” wingspan and 9’1.5” standing reach we’d be in the finals right now.

not to mention all of the little things that he does better than capela to impact the game! 

Edited by h4wkfan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

IF we have defenders that can stop the drive, we will be ok. 

Simple as that.  The Clippers won the Gobert match up by going small.  In a series against top teams you won’t win every match up.  You just can’t lose them all.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

IF we have defenders that can stop the drive, we will be ok. 

And that’s more than likely the thought process in the front office. The best case scenario defensively that can help Clint be better is a healthy Deandre Hunter returning and a consistent offensive game from Cam to insert himself in the starting lineup at SG for Bogi.

then as planned by schlenk our two best perimeter defenders are in the starting lineup defending the perimeter way better than what Bogi and Huerter can do.