• Can Thomas
    • Tre Mann
    • Keon Johnson
    • Zaire Williams
    • Alperen Sengun
    • Trey Murphy
    • Joshua Primo

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/29/2021 at 11:30 PM

Here are my top prospects in order:

1. Trey Murphy III- He passes the eye test for me. Gets after it on both ends and has a sweet stroke from deep. This cat is a perfect fit with Trae, he’s the pick n pop threat. He’s got a nice feel for the game.

2. Jared Butler- Winner and flat out shooter and baller. Combo guard that knows his role and can do a bit of everything and do it really well. I love the defense and the number one attribute is that beautiful stroke. 

3. Chris Duarte- I like his size, hustle, game on both ends, his desire and unselfishness and his upbringing to get here. He’s ready to roll. 

4. Cam Thomas- Flat out can score and his game is built for the NBA. NBA body with craftiness on how to use it. When he gets hot, he gets hot. Oak Hill all time scoring leader. That says a lot. Professional scorer.

5. Jaden Springer- This kid moves his feet on D really well, stays with his man throughout the play. Very centered both offensively and defensively. Plays a slower pace, the slo mo of this draft’s point guards if you will.

6. Tre Mann- 3 level scorer, confidence is high. He’s got a great outside shot and some nice floaters. Tre would groom his game behind Trae.

The order can change with these 6 but these are my 6 guys from this draft. Hopefully we can get one of them.

I left out 2 guys that were close to making the cut.

Usman Garuba- Interesting and love him on D, probably one of the best in the draft, he’s like a Reggie Evans with really good defense and flailing his body around. I hate the fact that he can’t shoot though. 

Alperen Sengun- I like his fundamental post game and he’s got a little passing craftiness. A bit stiff but old school on the block is nice.

• Thanks 2

Miles McBride is my actual pick but I could easily see us taking Jared Butler since we have defensive wings that can backup him and Trae. Jared Butler would definitely help us make sure our offense isn't stagnant when Trae is on the bench. My main concern would be his health but hopefully that's behind him.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If the Hawks take Duarte on draft nite I might have-ta .

I can see Schlenk seeing Duarte as a Draymond. Not as in attributes but as in a tough nosed baller that is a team guy and came from a tough background.

This kid is a baller. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

Never be upset with any given poster's analysis of any given player unless/until you have reason to believe that the poster in question has actually watched that player to some substantial degree on tape.

Don't just assume that to be a given. It's not.

I've learned recently that it's important to just ask, straight-up... have you seen __________ play?... how much?

• Thanks 1

To no one in particular,

I study the tapes of projected top picks in each draft, the top 30-50. I don’t study tapes of randos in Europe because I may personally love them or think that they have a 0.002% chance of landing with the Hawks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

1. Trey Murphy III- He passes the eye test for me. Gets after it on both ends and has a sweet stroke from deep. This cat is a perfect fit with Trae, he’s the pick n pop threat. He’s got a nice feel for the game.

He’s the one. The next for me are Butler and Duarte. One of the 3.

Duarte gives me Draymond vibes. I know for a fact Draymond is telling management to swing #7, Wiggins, Wiseman for a player but draft this kid at #14. His confidence is high and his hustle is hard. The age thing matters less for us and I think less overall in the landscape of the league, I could be wrong. This kid might make an all rookie team right away.

i_39_0d_03_chris-duarte.png?w=190

For the inquiries about his age ― and, by extension, the negative connotations that accompany being the oldest first-round prospect of his class ― Chris Duarte has an emphatic answer. “I’m 24 years old and my response is, if you want to win right now, go ahead and take me,” Duarte said Tuesday. “If you want to win six or eight years later, go ahead and draft an 18-year-old kid and develop him.”

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Duarte gives me Draymond vibes. I know for a fact Draymond is telling management to swing #7, Wiggins, Wiseman for a player but draft this kid at #14. His confidence is high and his hustle is hard. The age thing matters less for us and I think less overall in the landscape of the league, I could be wrong. This kid might make an all rookie team right away.

i_39_0d_03_chris-duarte.png?w=190

For the inquiries about his age ― and, by extension, the negative connotations that accompany being the oldest first-round prospect of his class ― Chris Duarte has an emphatic answer. “I’m 24 years old and my response is, if you want to win right now, go ahead and take me,” Duarte said Tuesday. “If you want to win six or eight years later, go ahead and draft an 18-year-old kid and develop him.”

That's Shane Battier comparing himself to Kobe, KG, and Howard. 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You can say this for about 8 guys you listed more than Cooper. 

Absolutely not. The guys I put for the choices are all in or around our range with the exception of Murphy who I think would be a steal for any team. Cooper is gonna go late first or early second.