• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ben Simmons A Hawk? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Diesel

• Moderators

I think Sixers are screwing up but damn they look pretty good for missing their second best player.   How many teams can afford to have $30 million of their payroll sitting on the sidelines?   Their going to get some decent players in return at some point.  Sixers are going to be harder to deal with than i expected.

A lot of players can't be dealt yet.  I think that's the real reason they are waiting.   

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think Sixers are screwing up but damn they look pretty good for missing their second best player.   How many teams can afford to have $30 million of their payroll sitting on the sidelines?   Their going to get some decent players in return at some point.  Sixers are going to be harder to deal with than i expected.

A lot of players can't be dealt yet.  I think that's the real reason they are waiting.   

Especially impressive given Embiid's "slow" start to the season.  I agree they are looking for players to become available who aren't now and one big category is people who can't be dealt yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Dec. 15

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I agree they are looking for players to become available who aren't now and one big category is people who can't be dealt yet.

Dec. 15

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Dec. 15

Big day to watch.  I also think some people will become available for other reasons who aren't now (if the team nose dives, player is disgruntled, etc.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Big day to watch.  I also think some people will become available for other reasons who aren't now (if the team nose dives, player is disgruntled, etc.)

I’m rooting for the Blazers hard. I don’t envision Ben being swapped for Dame but stranger things have happened. I don’t want Dame with Embiid. At all..

Matter of fact, keep Dame out of the east in general.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

How would Simmons get you Dame at this point anyway?   Can you imagine the Blazers without Dame?  They'd be garbage yet Sixers are hardly even missing Simmons.   

I can't really see it but if you did it then it would have to be primarily based around age.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And lots of draft picks. 

Definitely.  Would have to be something like Simmons and Maxey and first round picks and swap rights for Dame.  In doing so, Portland would probably have to throw in the towel on competing in the near future.

18 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m rooting for the Blazers hard. I don’t envision Ben being swapped for Dame but stranger things have happened. I don’t want Dame with Embiid. At all..

Matter of fact, keep Dame out of the east in general.

Dame is overrated.

And you think JoeLLLL gonna defer to Lillllllr'd?  Just wait'll they lose a game and Embiid goes to his go-to move in the media and throws Dame under the bus.

As an aside, I'm not even talking about the Simmons comments.  JoeLLLL literally always blames his teammates/coach when they lose.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dame is overrated.

And you think JoeLLLL gonna defer to Lillllllr'd?  Just wait'll they lose a game and Embiid goes to his go-to move in the media and throws Dame under the bus.

As an aside, I'm not even talking about the Simmons comments.  JoeLLLL literally always blames his teammates/coach when they lose.

It happens sometimes.

"I thought I got better at passing out of the double-teams, and it happened. I turned it over. That was a big mistake. That was on me. It happens, and you move on," said Embiid on his turnover to Marcus Smart with the Sixers down two points with less than two minutes left in the game.

"It sucks," Embiid said according to ESPN. "I know I got to do a better job for us to win. I got to do the little things. When I'm needed to score the ball, I got to show up. Setting screens, I got to do a better job of rebounding the ball. So that's on me. ... I just got to do more."

Etc.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2021 at 7:11 AM, Diesel said:

Unfortunately, I don't think we have the goods to trade Philly because Trae is not going anywhere.   He becomes our Sf and defensive terror.  I'd get him in there to see a shrink and work on his yips. 

How about now?  76ers record today is 5-2.  They can see that BS is not the one to carry their team and, just maybe, they would trade him for something less.  

Claiming mental problems that many posters really believe exist has diminished his value even more.  Perhaps Atlanta could send them two or three of our starters and two or three 1st round draft picks?

Nope.  Atlanta has their own problems.  Adding to them not a great idea.

🕵️‍♂️

50 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He aiight.  Top 75 is an insult considering he ain't won nothin'.

That Top 75 isn’t even supposed to be taken seriously I thought.  I wouldn’t dare consider a player for such an exclusive list if they haven’t won a Conference Finals game or been considered for All Defense (sorry Nique). 

The only difference between CJ and Dame is the latter plays 5 more minutes a game, spams threes, and is automatic from the line.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=lillada01&player_id2=mccolcj01

At least CJ tries on defense (but still is below average), way more than I can say for other dude.  Dame is trash off the ball 90% of the time.  Only passes when he’s forced (get Marcus Smart on the line!)  Rebounds decent for his size and traditionally he rarely turns it over I give him that.  But he’s horribly overrated to Carmelo levels.  His career win shares are that of a continuous run of coaches AS selections, nothing more.

After he leaves Portland watch how many people close to the organization trash dude.  I saw Trae’s teammates’ negative body language towards him way before the Doris Burke piece came out.  It’s been that way with Dame his whole career there outside of that awesome run he had in the playoffs that ended in a sweep to the KD-less Warriors.  Fool swear he’s Steph’s equal.  Clueless.

Edited by benhillboy