• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ben Simmons A Hawk? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Diesel

Our team would implode by allowing this entitled asshole in the locker room. He deserves all the criticism he’s getting… hasn’t improved his game at all since LSU and is literally only being asked to take jump shots. Philly has coddled him his entire career and they finally reached their breaking point when they ran into us. He’s not a victim, he’s a spoiled brat whose fragile ego has been bruised and is pouting because the Sixers (ie. mommy) won’t hold his hand anymore. His behavior is tanking his own trade value which is counterintuitive. I wouldn’t even give Philly cash considerations for this mental midget… dude can’t even just be professional when they’re millions of people who don’t make millions of dollars a year who go to jobs they hate everyday and still at least pretend do their job.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Q45T said:

Our team would implode by allowing this entitled asshole in the locker room.

I'm slower to that conclusion, even with this newest dust-up proving to me (for what that matters) that Simmons is at least as immature as I was when I was 25. And that's pretty immature, I have to say.

(Sorry @kg01, but if you show up for practice and the very first things you do demonstrate you didn't show up mentally prepared for even the most routine, mundane expectations of a practice... in the context that both parties had just agreed to try to get along at some basic level of camaraderie... that tips the scales of impropriety firmly over to the Simmons side.)

And I'm slower to that conclusion because when someone's been psychologically flogged to the degree that Simmons has, there's some chance that when such a person begins to see light at the end of that tunnel, s/he feels both empowered and highly motivated to prove everyone wrong. And were Simmons to end up with an actual contending team, I see that chance increasing exponentially--because the potential for not only proving everyone wrong, but making the playoffs a public show of how wrong they all were, makes for off-the-charts motivation.

And too, there's the Rodman factor, which says that if a team already has strong personalities (like Jordan et al) and a firm sense of own culture, it can withstand the insertion of a personality that represents a potential shock to stability. We might not be there yet, but then again we might be.

But none of that matters because of the current salary ledger situation put together with the belief that this isn't the time to take any team chemistry risks, and especially so given the anticipated continued growth and maturity of our high-potential too-young-to-rent-a-car players.

In short, Simmons may or may not be the wrong player for us... but his contract is definitely a wrong contract at this juncture. Maybe that changes by next off-season, or who knows, maybe even by the trade deadline.

• Like 2

No need to apologize, stu.  I agree the pendulum has swung into Simmons.  But, like it or not, the organization is supposed to be the 'adult in the room'.  As the adult, they tried to get cute with this whole situation.  As such, the blame lies at their feet no matter what Simmons does.

Doesn't mean Simmons is exempt from criticism.  He should be a pro.  But he's told them he's gonna act an a**.  They can't act all brand new now.

And for anyone saying Simmons is an entitled a**.  Yes he is but so is JoeLLLL.  So is GLLLLen Rivers.  So is Daryl Morey.  So is the Sixers governor.  On and on.  Don't pretend they're all innocents here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

If Draymond can spur a title team, so can Simmons in the right role.

I’m the last to defend Draymond but he’s BBIQ, it’s a lot higher than Ben. Ben makes Josh Smith like mistakes, Draymond 🤮 (sorry in my own mouth) generally doesn’t make bone headed plays.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not really. His shot is erratic as well, not nearly as bad but you can leave Draymond out there and let him fire away.

Yes, but when they were winning championships he was making threes enough to make the defense pay. 600 career made threes vs 5 career threes made for Simmons. And regardless, no one is paying Draymond Green Ben Simmons money. If we could get Simmons for Draymond money I would definitely be on board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m the last to defend Draymond but he’s BBIQ, it’s a lot higher than Ben. Ben makes Josh Smith like mistakes, Draymond 🤮 (sorry in my own mouth) generally doesn’t make bone headed plays.

This isn't true.  We're magnifying that one stupid play.  Overall he's a high bbiq player.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Q45T said:

Our team would implode by allowing this entitled asshole in the locker room. He deserves all the criticism he’s getting… hasn’t improved his game at all since LSU and is literally only being asked to take jump shots. Philly has coddled him his entire career and they finally reached their breaking point when they ran into us. He’s not a victim, he’s a spoiled brat whose fragile ego has been bruised and is pouting because the Sixers (ie. mommy) won’t hold his hand anymore. His behavior is tanking his own trade value which is counterintuitive. I wouldn’t even give Philly cash considerations for this mental midget… dude can’t even just be professional when they’re millions of people who don’t make millions of dollars a year who go to jobs they hate everyday and still at least pretend do their job.

Some team is going to get a very good player for cheap. 

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yes, but when they were winning championships he was making threes enough to make the defense pay. 600 career made threes vs 5 career threes made for Simmons. And regardless, no one is paying Draymond Green Ben Simmons money. If we could get Simmons for Draymond money I would definitely be on board.

If Draymond were 6'9 - 6'10", could guard every position, and could get to the basket at will... then he would be worthy of Ben Simmons money. 

If the offer were Gallo and Cam for Simmons, I would still consider it.   Even with his stint of unprofessionalness. 

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No need to apologize, stu.  I agree the pendulum has swung into Simmons.  But, like it or not, the organization is supposed to be the 'adult in the room'.  As the adult, they tried to get cute with this whole situation.  As such, the blame lies at their feet no matter what Simmons does.

Doesn't mean Simmons is exempt from criticism.  He should be a pro.  But he's told them he's gonna act an a**.  They can't act all brand new now.

And for anyone saying Simmons is an entitled a**.  Yes he is but so is JoeLLLL.  So is GLLLLen Rivers.  So is Daryl Morey.  So is the Sixers governor.  On and on.  Don't pretend they're all innocents here.

I can buy all that.

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Interesting how we pick and choose which athletes to condemn for "hate speech", while certain athletes are apparently exempt. Hmm, I wonder why. 

I can buy that, too, but it's a whole other topic, of course.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yep.

And a very bad contract, ie for humongous expense, both in terms of (a) actual money and (b) opportunity cost and flexibility to obtain other players as needed.

25 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't think so. If they were going to sell low on him they would have done it already. Sixers are going to sit on this until a better player becomes available. 

They have somehow managed to take back control of the situation. You don't want to show up, you don't get paid. You show up but don't want to engage, you will get fined.

They are going to keep pounding his pockets as long as he acts like this. And at the same time, they aren't going to trade him for anything other than another star player.

It's an ugly situation but the Sixers have stuck to their guns up to this point, and now they have leverage over him. No need for them to reverse course now. The right deal will open up even it takes all season. He's got 4 years on his deal, they have time to wait and collect his money in the meantime.

Up to this point there has been a lot of trash talk on both sides.  Neither will move at all.

But, now it begins to be serious.  He refuses to practice.  Team suspends him.  Play for real is here right now and he's not there and won't be there.  He can't get a pay day.  The team is caught short handed because of him.  Now.  Not next week.  Not some future date.  Right now.

He wants out - - bad.  His former team wants rid of him - - bad.  Now would be a fine time for some western team to make that offer that they can't afford to refuse.  Just give us a player to replace him and please just sweeten the pot a tad and we trade.

:hi: