• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ben Simmons A Hawk? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Diesel

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Did Rich Paul advise him to get kicked out of practice and suspended a game? Lol. Ben playing hard ball and so is the team. Fun times! :sarcastic:

Rich Paul probably convinced him to show up even though he didn't want to be there, just to stop the bleeding and collect his check

After that it was on Ben how he handled himself.

• Thanks 1

You can have all the talent in the world, but if you aren't mentally tough enough to take criticism and use it to not just improve your game but to be a professional, then I can't trust you to lead my team. 

Sixers need to end this for all of our sakes and just get what they can for Simmons.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 3

The character assassination of Simmons is disturbing.

No, he's not handling the situation the best.  But folks, he didn't "run because things got tough".  He reacted to his "family" quitting on HIM the second things got tough.

As soon as they lost, they couldn't wait to pin blame on him.  They didn't even dig the hole before they started burying him in the media.

At worst, there's equal wrong on both sides.  Don't let the side with the most media firepower sway you.  Look at the facts and decide for yourself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No, he's not handling the situation the best.  But folks, he didn't "run because things got tough".  He reacted to his "family" quitting on HIM the second things got tough.

As soon as they lost, they couldn't wait to pin blame on him.  They didn't even dig the hole before they started burying him in the media.

At worst, there's equal wrong on both sides.  Don't let the side with the most media firepower sway you.  Look at the facts and decide for yourself.

Yea it's on both sides. Having said that I wouldn't touch Simmons with a ten foot pole at 30 million. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea it's on both sides. Having said that I wouldn't touch Simmons with a ten foot pole at 30 million. 

I hear you but, objectively, Simmons on our roster would make us a title contender.

The problem in PHI is his role, not his game.  Don't let the Sixers stupidity cloud things.  He should've never been a primary ballhandler.

If Draymond can spur a title team, so can Simmons in the right role.  He's basically a bigger, faster, better version of Draymond but them dumbarses have been asking him to be James Harden.  Then actin' all brand new when it doesn't work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hear you but, objectively, Simmons on our roster would make us a title contender.

The problem in PHI is his role, not his game.  Don't let the Sixers stupidity cloud things.  He should've never been a primary ballhandler.

If Draymond can spur a title team, so can Simmons in the right role.  He's basically a bigger, faster, better version of Draymond but them dumbarses have been asking him to be James Harden.  Then actin' all brand new when it doesn't work.

But Draymond, at least at his best, can stretch the floor. Ben Simmons is a floor compactor not spreader. He would help us defensively but wouldn't add anything offensively. At best he would be a lateral move from Collins which I would guess would be the piece we would have to move to get Simmons. 

15 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

But Draymond, at least at his best, can stretch the floor. Ben Simmons is a floor compactor not spreader. He would help us defensively but wouldn't add anything offensively. At best he would be a lateral move from Collins which I would guess would be the piece we would have to move to get Simmons. 

If the Hawks were to trade for Ben, you'd hope he'd develop a midrange shot first.  Ben can't be much worse than Draymond shooting the three.  Just got take 1 a game at 30% clip to keep teams a little bit honest. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

See this is fair criticism, assessment.  What I bristle at is this idea that Simmons is a child or afraid and all the other talking points pushed forth by the sixers.  Thats wrong.  If they truly wanted him back, they wouldn't be doing that to him.

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Draymond hasn't stretched the floor in a long time.  The thing that Ben can do that Draymond can't is get to the basket at will. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If the Hawks were to trade for Ben, you'd hope he'd develop a midrange shot first.  Ben can't be much worse than Draymond shooting the three.  Just got take 1 a game at 30% clip to keep teams a little bit honest. 

Too much is made of three point shooting.   It's an element of the game.  However, so is having a strong slasher. The last two champions down right sucked at three point shooting in the finals. 

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ewwwwww Cagey, that settles it: you definitely ain’t my burner account 😳

image.gif.602fbf1c56e9af1abba8333c3e83d61a.gif

• Haha 4