• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ben Simmons A Hawk? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Diesel

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's 6'6". They actually use the correct heights in rugby generally, unlike basketball. 

Let's say that he is 6'6 and wearing boots in that photo, Ben is legitimately 6'8.25 barefoot by every measurement, so maybe he had on a thinner sole in that photo.

But 6'6 to 6'8 is a lot closer than 6'6 to 6'11 which clearly is not the case from that picture.

11 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Let's say that he is 6'6 and wearing boots in that photo, Ben is legitimately 6'8.25 barefoot by every measurement, so maybe he had on a thinner sole in that photo.

But 6'6 to 6'8 is a lot closer than 6'6 to 6'11 which clearly is not the case from that picture.

Yes, 6'8.25" is correct. I'm not saying he's 6'6" or anything. But 6'11"? No sir. Dirk was 6'11". That is really really tall. 

• Moderators

I guess it is all about fragile egos but it seems like it would be real easy for team doctors to measure height and weight every preseason and give actual numbers since they list both of those numbers on official league sites and materials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Please don’t let this happen. Malcolm is a perfect fit for Embiid. 

76ers inquired about Malcolm Brogdon

i_a4_cc_16_malcolm-brogdon.png?w=190

Jordan Schultz: In addition to Caris LeVert, sources say the #Sixers have also inquired about Malcolm Brodgon – citing his high-level two-way game and capacity to play both guard positions as a plus alongside Joel Embiid. One more note: The #Pacers control all of their draft picks as well.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:12 PM, Spud2nique said:

Jordan Schultz: In addition to Caris LeVert, sources say the #Sixers have also inquired about Malcolm Brodgon – citing his high-level two-way game and capacity to play both guard positions as a plus alongside Joel Embiid. One more note: The #Pacers control all of their draft picks as well.

They are a total darkhorse to land him, mainly due to the amount of assets that they control vs other teams.

I'm watching this for sure

On 10/6/2021 at 1:12 PM, Spud2nique said:

If I'm Indiana, the most I offer is Brogdon, Warren, and a future 2nd.

I called sac from the start, it’s perfect for him. Had a few friends that were annoying and cocky, got accepted to UC Davis aka Solitary confinement.. with a few nutty parties but I digress .. 

Ben needs to chill in Sac..

Ben Simmons willing to play in Sacramento?

i_16_c0_ec_ben-simmons.png?w=190

David Aldridge: I’ve written this on Simmons to Sac before, and the rationale still holds. Simmons is an elite defensive player. He’s an elite passer. He has four years left on his deal. (He would have no problem going to Sacramento, I’m told, so strong is his desire to get out of Philadelphia.) The Kings were historically bad defensively last season. Simmons wouldn’t be a savior, but with him and Fox and whichever one of Haliburton or Mitchell the Kings kept in this scenario, Sac would suddenly become a problem defensively, wildly switchable and able to get from defense to offense in a heartbeat. They wouldn’t shoot as good without Hield, but they had Hield last year and went 31-41. What are we talking about? Given his offensive limitations, Simmons won’t be a savior wherever he goes, including Sacramento. (Of course, he wouldn’t be on the block if he didn’t have those limitations.) But he’s the kind of talent the Kings would never have a chance of getting in free agency. It would be a chancy deal for a new front office to make, but it would be worth the risk, to me.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I called sac from the start, it’s perfect for him. Had a few friends that were annoying and cocky, got accepted to UC Davis aka Solitary confinement.. with a few nutty parties but I digress .. 

David Aldridge: I’ve written this on Simmons to Sac before, and the rationale still holds. Simmons is an elite defensive player. He’s an elite passer. He has four years left on his deal. (He would have no problem going to Sacramento, I’m told, so strong is his desire to get out of Philadelphia.) The Kings were historically bad defensively last season. Simmons wouldn’t be a savior, but with him and Fox and whichever one of Haliburton or Mitchell the Kings kept in this scenario, Sac would suddenly become a problem defensively, wildly switchable and able to get from defense to offense in a heartbeat. They wouldn’t shoot as good without Hield, but they had Hield last year and went 31-41. What are we talking about? Given his offensive limitations, Simmons won’t be a savior wherever he goes, including Sacramento. (Of course, he wouldn’t be on the block if he didn’t have those limitations.) But he’s the kind of talent the Kings would never have a chance of getting in free agency. It would be a chancy deal for a new front office to make, but it would be worth the risk, to me.

Philly would want Fox. And they are stubborn enough to hold out for him.

At this point they would rather keep Simmons and pocket his team fines than settle for anything less than what they want.

That's really the only reason we are still here watching the drama play out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Philly would want Fox. And they are stubborn enough to hold out for him.

At this point they would rather keep Simmons and pocket his team fines than settle for anything less than what they want.

That's really the only reason we are still here watching the drama play out.

How far can this drag out. Morey vs Ben. Court?

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m struggling to figure out who Sacramento would be giving up that makes the deal a match.  Hield would have to be only half (or less) of that value.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AHF said:

I’m struggling to figure out who Sacramento would be giving up that makes the deal a match.  Hield would have to be only half (or less) of that value.

True. If they don’t part with Fox it’s virtually impossible. Unless they get Hield and D. Mitch? 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

True. If they don’t part with Fox it’s virtually impossible. Unless they get Hield and D. Mitch? 

I'm thinking the trade would be 

Hield/Haliburton/1st for Ben Simmons. 

Philly would love Hield for his shooting.  They get a true PG in Haliburton... and a first to boot.   Simmons in Sacramento would be an allstar and would raise them..

Fox/Simmons = Dynamic. 

Plus sactown gets out of Hield's contract. 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Diesel said:

I'm thinking the trade would be 

Hield/Haliburton/1st for Ben Simmons. 

Philly would love Hield for his shooting.  They get a true PG in Haliburton... and a first to boot.   Simmons in Sacramento would be an allstar and would raise them..

Fox/Simmons = Dynamic. 

Plus sactown gets out of Hield's contract. 

That to me is a trade more about Haliburton than anyone else.  Hield is one of those guys who is "nice-to-have" but is probably not worth what he is getting paid and so doesn't end up bringing a lot of trade value.  The 1st would be a bit of a wild card; not sure if that team makes the playoffs or not.  Haliburton would be huge for Philly for their future - kind of like a much cheaper, more raw, less proven version of some of the other guys they have been apparently interested in pursuing like Malcolm Brogdon.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

If the Kings ship Hali their fans might just start watching minor league baseball or something.  Sac Rivercats attendance would go up.  I don't think we've experienced the sheer incompetence that is the Kings ownership and FO.  Haliburton is the only thing giving them hope right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If the Kings ship Hali their fans might just start watching minor league baseball or something.  Sac Rivercats attendance would go up.  I don't think we've experienced the sheer incompetence that is the Kings ownership and FO.  Haliburton is the only thing giving them hope right now.

They're high on the Mitchell guy too.  After lockin' down SL comp, folks are tossin' 1st team all-defense and DPOY love his way.

Good thing them same guards he faced in SL are NBA starters too.  Wait, they're not?  Somebody alert the Kangs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Probably a three team trade is my guess.

Probably would help to see an example of how that might work and how that differs from a 1 to 1 deal.  Sacramento seems largely to be filled with young talent so they would want to end up with Ben while Philly is maybe willing to take a vet from a team that is happier getting some younger players.  That could work with something like Sacramento giving up Hield and Haliburton who go to Indiana who ships Brogdon to Philly and Ben goes to Sacramento but it gets more complicated when all three teams are actually dealing real assets compared to multi-team deals where the third team is just there to help with cap complications (like taking an overpaid player and a pick to let the teams exchange the players they really want).  

• Like 1

The biggest thing is that Philly fumbled the bag on acquiring Harden for Simmons. Now, they are holding out for a top tier player that likely wont materialize anytime soon.

However, there are ebbs and flows to this. If they panic now, they will come up short. But by sticking to their guns, I think they will eventually be able to swing something beneficial. If Portland cannot improve beyond another early exit from the playoffs, Dame will likely ask out. Don't sleep on Zion as well. Both his inner circle and his agency do not like the Pelicans organization. Imagine a swap of Simmons for a Zion. Wouldn't you do that if you are New Orleans and you know Zion is not going to stay around?

This is their best bet. Fine Ben if he doesn't want to show up to work. His value is already at an all time low, but people still highly regard his talent. When teams get desperate, they will look at Ben as an excellent prize to replace a disgruntled superstar. 

They may sacrifice wins this season, but the big picture, long term play is still potentially in their favor if they can weather the storm.

• Like 1