• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

His defense was much improved last night and I think that's been the staff's biggest worry.  College Park is doing its job and helping him develop. 

Hopefully no one's posted these. I haven't been in the threads today.

I can’t do Twitter but this guy is high quality.  What’s his background in short, he used to be a coach?

• Like 1

Hawks currently 2 games under, net rating + half a point lol.

If the Basketball Gods stop jerking us around with the injuries I got us going 14-10 the rest of the way, hopefully getting that differential up to around +2.  That’s certainly not contender-worthy but we’ve seen twice now in Trae’s short career he can go nuclear for a 4-6 week stretch.

The first four games out the break may determine the season with Toronto, Beantown, and DeBozan twice.  Gotta be locked and loaded.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It's really not about the record for me.  I just want to see consistent effort on the defensive end.  If they do that, I'll have high hopes for us in the playoffs (play-in?) no matter who the match up is.

Just give a damn on defense fellas. 

I've said repeatedly that if the Hawks played even league average defense consistently, they'd already be one of the top 5 teams in the Eastern Conference. Schlenk was absolutely right when he said the Hawks look like a completely team at times. I've never seen a team give up as many wide open 3 pointers, offensive rebounds, and layups as the Hawks this season. I don't even remember them being this bad during the tank seasons. They played absolutely no defense during their freefall a few weeks ago and that's not an exaggeration. It's like the Hawks collectively decided to not even try on that end for that stretch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

It's really not about the record for me.  I just want to see consistent effort on the defensive end.  If they do that, I'll have high hopes for us in the playoffs (play-in?) no matter who the match up is.

Just give a damn on defense fellas. 

I feel you, but at this point we put ourselves in a spot where we have to worry about the W's and L's. We had a chance to be .500 or better at the break and came up flat too many times.

If we don't play with a sense of urgency and stack some W's, we are not going anywhere.

• Like 1

👏  Big hand to the coaching staff of our G League team as we all see the results!

Jalen and Sharife have both grown a lot since they were drafted.  They may not come up and play a lot this season as it quickly is drawing to an end.  Next season there should be two positions on our NBA roster for these two.  

:sun:

• Like 2