• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

https://www.si.com/nba/hawks/news/atlanta-hawks-2022-23-nike-city-edition-jerseys-leak-online

2022-23 CITY Jerseys leaked online

They were spot on about the 404's so I believe this is accurate as well.

Thoughts?

They need to roll with the FX Atlanta show font and do anything they can to get the artist formerly known as Childish Gambino and Paper Boi to sit courtside. Maybe even perform at halftime once.

42 minutes ago, Sothron said:

JC as doubtful is not a good sign. 

He’s not even running yet. He is out at least another week.

If this was earlier in the year he likely would sit out longer, but I do believe they will rush him back at 75% since we are in the stretch run. Give it a fee games though.

All this is my opinion obviously 

• Like 2

You know i love Okongwu as a player for us but he wasn't my main guy in that draft at the time it was Tyrese Haliburton at our pick.  But after hearing that sorry sob say he specifically told the Hawks not to draft him his sorry ass can kick rocks.  Im so glad we ended up with  King Kongwu he's gonna be a beast for us for a very long time.

5 hours ago, Threezus said:

You know i love Okongwu as a player for us but he wasn't my main guy in that draft at the time it was Tyrese Haliburton at our pick.  But after hearing that sorry sob say he specifically told the Hawks not to draft him his sorry ass can kick rocks.  Im so glad we ended up with  King Kongwu he's gonna be a beast for us for a very long time.

Halli would have been a better pick. Harder to find a guy like him, you find another small ball big. Who cares where they say that want to go. They want to go where they can get minutes, it's not personal. 

Edited by bleachkit

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This guy's not good enough to be doing all the talking he's been doing.

Am I wrong?

This comment seems to be more trying defuse the talk than expand it.  I don't have heart burn over this comment or what he and his agent asked for during the draft.

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

This comment seems to be more trying defuse the talk than expand it.  I don't have heart burn over this comment or what he and his agent asked for during the draft.

It makes sense considering how deep we were and that the only opening we had was backup center.

He isn't the 1st or last player to ask not to be drafted.

Hell, dont forget Dre didn't work out for another team after he saw us and we promised to draft him.

16 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It makes sense considering how deep we were and that the only opening we had was backup center.

Hell, dont forget Dre didn't work out for another team after he saw us and we promised to draft him.

For players , it's honestly all about the easiest pathway to a big second contract. We're are talking tens of millions even hundreds of millions of dollars on the line for these guys. 

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Hell, dont forget Dre didn't work out for another team after he saw us and we promised to draft 

For Hali's draft we weren't deep. We needed a backup PG.

Rondo was signed in FAcy that year which occurred after the draft. The we signed Bogi and Gallo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

So what? Who cares where they to go. Halli was just concerned guard depth because he wanted minutes. Draft the best player. 

He really didn't want to play with Trae. He went to Sacramento where they had Fox as the PG of the future. That's the real reason. Guard depth, lol. Hawks had the worst backup PGs in the NBA 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He really didn't want to play with Trae. He went to Sacramento where they had Fox as the PG of the future. That's the real reason. Guard depth, lol. Hawks had the worst backup PGs in the NBA 

What's he gonna do? Sit out? Players often don't get their preferred destination. 

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What's he gonna do? Sit out? Players often don't get their preferred destination. 

Not sure anyone's saying the dude was gonna hold out.  The question becomes why bring in a potential malcontent when you don't have to.

And that's what the guy is, imho.  A malcontent.  I hope we stop pining after the guy.

• Like 2