• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Early Season thoughts

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Both Wright and Dieng are positives when on the court. So ofc Nate is not giving them minutes. I love Sweet Lou, he might even be a HOFer as one of the greatest sixth men of all time but let's be real. He needs to be out of the rotation in favor of Wright.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Both Wright and Dieng are positives when on the court. So ofc Nate is not giving them minutes. I love Sweet Lou, he might even be a HOFer as one of the greatest sixth men of all time but let's be real. He needs to be out of the rotation in favor of Wright.

yea, pretty shocking to see Delon relegated to the deep end of the bench. He hadn't played badly at all. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Delon Wright was supposed to help with some of the issues we’ve seen from the Atlanta Hawks

One name that has come up often of late is Delon Wright. The seven-year veteran was acquired via three-team trade over the summer. It was supposed to lessen the drop-off in offensive production the Hawks experienced when Trae Young went to the bench. Their offensive rating dropped 12.4 points when Young sat.

That disparity has grown this season, now to 17.4 points per 100 possessions, despite Wright’s presence.

Different year, Same story....the definition of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Sothron said:

Not remotely close to HOF.  100% agree that Wright and Dieng need the minutes.  Lou should be a "break in case of emergencies" player, not a member of the rotation.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Nate can't say he wants guys to show up on both ends and give Lou all the backup PG minutes. Lou can't guard his position any more. That is what gets guys out of the NBA. When you can't guard your position anymore you have to be incredibly efficient on offense to compensate. Lou isn't that guy any more. I hate to be negative about one of the greatest sixth men in NBA history but reality is reality. 

Wright needs all the backup PG minutes. He has outplayed Lou. There's nothing else to say.

• Like 1

Capela has not been great and isn't healthy.  Cam is playing too much ball dominance for a minus player.  Bogi not defining his role, but that is Nates fault.  Kevin is obviously recovering.  JC has been our best player.  Hunter is hunting for his shot too much.  Trae has been off, like he is either moving too slow or too fast for the other guys.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Coming into the season we’re supposed to have one of the best 2nd units.  We can’t lose a season to backup PG issues.  Didn’t realize it was this bad.

Lou should be getting spot minute at the 2 spot. He should IMO not see a single minute outside of because of injuries or blowout etc. at the 1.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Lou should be getting spot minute at the 2 spot. He should IMO not see a single minute outside of because of injuries or blowout etc. at the 1.

This may be just a case of labels but I think of a player's position more in terms of who they guard than what they do on offense.  In that way, Lou has to be a 1.  He can't defend anyone particularly well but he sure as **** can't handle someone 4-7 inches taller than him unless that person just picks a spot on the floor and stands there as an outlet for perimeter jumpers.  Agree he isn't a playmaker so if you have him on the floor there needs to be someone else who can guard the opposing SG and run the offense with Lou being a pure scorer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Capela has not been great and isn't healthy.  Cam is playing too much ball dominance for a minus player.  Bogi not defining his role, but that is Nates fault.  Kevin is obviously recovering.  JC has been our best player.  Hunter is hunting for his shot too much.  Trae has been off, like he is either moving too slow or too fast for the other guys.

Yeah I feel like Cam is playing way too many minutes than he deserved. Maybe he's trying to build him up like Kevin last year but it's not fun watching it. Roll out a rotation like last season and give him some minutes but not most of the bench minutes.

Just now, Dexmethylphenidate said:

Yeah I feel like Cam is playing way too many minutes than he deserved. Maybe Nate's trying to build him up like Kevin last year but it's not fun watching it. Roll out a rotation like last season and give him some minutes but not most of the bench minutes.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

We really need Bogi and OO in the worst way.   Get them in there and we are much improved.  

Langston Galloway just arrived in College Park.  Wouldn't be surprised for the Hawks to give him some run if we don't get Bogi and Hunter back any time soon.   

East is tight so we have time but I hate to see us falling below .500

• Like 4

• Premium Member

This team is garbage and full of too many soft spectators.  Last night we played a team full of dogs and they made us look like the little weak ass bitches that we are.     If I was Nate I'd make them run sprints all day and ride them nonstop until I was either fired or the team started playing like adults. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shakes said:

This team is garbage and full of too many soft spectators.  Last night we played a team full of dogs and they made us look like the little weak ass bitches that we are.     If I was Nate I'd make them run sprints all day and ride them nonstop until I was either fired or the team started playing like adults. 

Truth hurts.  Folks keep wonderin' why the Cavs of the world always beat the hawks despite the supposed talent gap.  Welp, exhibit a is the display of heartless, gutless play(sic) on display last night.

Time for a come to jeebus meeting.  This is plain unacceptable.  No one is safe.

And it's 'if you can't beat 'im, sign 'im' time for DJ Augustin.  That dude kills Trae and clearly loves every minute of it.  No idea why he hates Trae so much but, if he played everybody else in the league with that much fire, he'd be first team all-NBA.  Really weird beef.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

This Hawk team can't.  Why?  Either they don't know how or they are not physically capable.  Either way, it becomes more and more certain, they can't.

Last season they faced the same delima.  They couldn't.  Then, they changed coaches and suddenly, they could.  There will be no changing coaches this season to snap them out of their funk.  That leaves one other thing we might try.  A trade.  Either that or start playing our rookies.

Simplest, play the rookies.  Someone goes to the bench or goes wanting.  Wake up!  Something has to happen to shake things up.  :smug:

• Like 2