• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Suns

lethalweapon3

In all sports, teams play 3/4 of the game to learn how to adjust for the final 1/4.  Remember when the Falcons were in the Super Bowl?  Remember recently when the Braves were playing?  Knowing when to send in that relief pitcher and that pinch hitter?

Another prime example last night.  3/4 of the game, Hawks with it.  Then, in the final quarter, who adjusted?  Not us.  Another loss to go with all our other recent losses.  Williams in a terrible slump.  He's not this bad.  However, we must ask, where is our other PG?  You know, the one we obtained from the Kings.  The one not named Haliburton?  Yeah, him.  (Excuse me.  In the Lloyd Pierce dog house?  We do still have it, don't we?)

Oh, yes, I know.  It's early.  But, it's getting late fast.  Hawk land is beginning to sound like one of those old broken records.  The same thing, over and over.  If this wasn't bad enough, the Sky Hawks lose their opener.  They have a good excuse.  Not enough practice together.

Now, the poor, lost Falcons will try again.  We do have the Braves.  Yea!

LOSE - LOSE - LOSE  Tine to pause and refresh.  Hawks, ask yourself, when you look in the mirror, "What are we doing?"  Time to shape up.

GO ATL !!

:cry:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

I am so sick of this shit f-ing garbage team.   They completely suck.

Anyone here who thought we were going to win when we were up 12 in the 3rd is a delusional homer.   This outcome was obvious.  Trae was the only person who could do anything.  You knew as soon as he got pulled for his rest we would lose most of the lead and then Trae would come back in and force a bunch of bad 3s because he was hot in the 3rd, the other team’s defense would intensify while ours did not.

And oh yea, I am so sick of Clint Capela.  It would be easier to make than miss 90% of the bunnies he screws up.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Clint’s play of late is really leaving the door wide open for Onyeka to be the center of the future. No pressure on him though coming off injury.

Besides Clint missing the bunnies, the difference in the defense I think is because of all the switching we are doing. Clint is supposed to be our quarterback on defense calling out stuff to the guys in front of him and manning the middle....if we're doing all the switching on all the screens and he's also switching it makes his job more difficult. 

This Game was one we didn't switch and guys fought thru screens and you saw the difference- at least until the 4th quarter.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bleachkit said:

We extended Clint so we are stuck with him.

We can still trade his ass hopefully.. ...

While we're at it, send Trae back home to OKC for SGA and a 1st..

We need a PG with size, and a brain. who can play some defense, and they need someone flashy to sell tickets.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Lou has a -1.3 defensive box, Trae -2.3.  Wright, +.7.

Nate is blinded by Wrights poor shooting, and it’s a shame seeing how he’s greased the wheels of the team on both sides doing the little things that win games in extremely limited minutes.  39 minutes for the only player in the NBA who needs an MRI with every ankle turn and whom you send indirect shots at for inconsistent PG play, leadership, and defense every night.  Genius.

Has he seen Trae and Lou's shooting this season? At least Wright plays defense..smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, shakes said:

I am so sick of this shit f-ing garbage team.   They completely suck.

Anyone here who thought we were going to win when we were up 12 in the 3rd is a delusional homer.   This outcome was obvious.  Trae was the only person who could do anything.  You knew as soon as he got pulled for his rest we would lose most of the lead and then Trae would come back in and force a bunch of bad 3s because he was hot in the 3rd, the other team’s defense would intensify while ours did not.

And oh yea, I am so sick of Clint Capela.  It would be easier to make than miss 90% of the bunnies he screws up.

I see why Houston got rid of him...Hes the worst offensive player Ive ever seen...

And maybe we should start Huerter instead of Hunter like Supes said...

Hunter methodical play seems to bog down the offense at times...

And its not like he's taking anybody off the dribble...

Just now, aali34 said:

You want to trade the guy who just led the team to their most successful playoff run in franchise history?

Fluke...

Do it in a regular 82 game season with fans...Trae cant help himself trying to make the flashy plays. Especially with fans in the building..

And Trae wasnt as good in the Playoffs as yall make him out to be..

He got his points and assists like he usually does, but his efficiency(41%fg..31% from 3) and defense was HORRIBLE like always..

Huerter saved our asses vs Philly.. I mean the guy went 5-23 in critical game 7......

Hunter saved us vs NY..

This is Trae and Capela in a couple of years..

image.jpeg.40a1dfb8bb9b98c51e98f60f9fa28095.jpeg

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You've gotta learn to weed out the crazy or you'll drive yourself crazy ....there's an art to it. 😆 

Yall are gonna live and die with this guy..

I'll be here.....

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You've gotta learn to weed out the crazy or you'll drive yourself crazy ....there's an art to it. 😆 

Dude cant run an offense to save his life...Nate knows this Im sure....Nate wont last here...Coach killer will get him soon enough..

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya because 72 is a lot less.

GET OUT! :angry2:

Trae didnt have a great season last year.. He shot like shit for most of the year, and was 2nd in turnovers...To go along with bad defense...And that was with no fans in the stands to try to impress with flashy passes and dumb shots.....We got lucky last season more than anything imo.....They wanted LP gone so bad, the adrenaline took over when Nate was hired.. We've came back to earth now...

Either we get another bonafide Scorer playmaker with a brain to go with Trae or we're all gonna die on this hill with him being our #1 option.....

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae didnt have a great season last year.. He shot like shit for most of the year, and was 2nd in turnovers...To go along with bad defense...And that was with no fans in the stands to try to impress...We got lucky last season more than anything...They wanted LP gone so bad, the adrenaline took over when Nate was hired.. We've came back to earth now...

We are only 12% in… 10 games in. Reserves judgement till 20 games in.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

We are only 12% in… 10 games in. Reserves judgement till 20 games in.

Ill still be here....when we're 7-13 and still blaming everybody but the head of the snake...

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He is emotional and trolling right now. Better not to respond to him.

Emotional maybe.. Trolling? Not at all...lol

Yall make sure to give me credit when we dont win anything with him as our best player...If we do Ill gladly eat crow..

Hawks wont even win their own division in the next couple of seasons imo..

And I dont wanna hear anything about the ONE playoff run in 2022 or beyond..

This is a what have you done for me lately league...

Edited by terrell

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ill still be here....when we're 7-13 and still blaming everybody but the head of the snake...

Ya you will but you’ll be back cheering for us. Ive seen this movie before last year. We will be fine. We played hard last night. Booker made some tough shots, it happens.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya you will but you’ll be back cheering for us. Ive seen this movie before last year. We will be fine. We played hard last night. Booker made some tough shots, it happens.

I hope youre right....We'll see

49 minutes ago, aali34 said:

You want to trade the guy who just led the team to their most successful playoff run in franchise history?

Other then the Knicks series, Trae has been terrible at finishing games. He doesn’t read the defense well, and he is to hell bent on making the play himself so he can get on espn. 

Cam is never going to fit on this team next to him. He needs to ball to much, and he doesn’t play well next to Trae. Same with Bogi. Bogi is a good shooter, but if you look at the body language he doesn’t enjoy playing with Trae. I don’t blame him either. Huerter might be a keeper as he plays pretty well with Trae, but Bogi and Cam might as well be traded.. Just my 2 cents...
I once thought Cam would be the best player on our team, but he won’t be able to grow next to Trae and if he truly is going to be elite it won’t be with us. Last year Trae leaned on Capela’s defense to save us most nights, but Capela has been horrible all year and Trae has not improved.
I know It is way to early to start making MAJOR changes, but I would like to see more minutes from Huerter. Last night was the night to sit Dre and give him more minutes. 
Edited by terrell