• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Folks we need another scorer! PERIOD!

JTB

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Final_quest said:

If Capela can't recover, it's back to the drawing board for the architecture of how our team is built. 

I've had similar thoughts and, well, it's kinda depressing. I've got such mixed feelings about the extension because it's good value, but it's far from certain Capela will be healthy at any given point. He seems to always be hobbled by something.

12 hours ago, mrhonline said:

I've had similar thoughts and, well, it's kinda depressing. I've got such mixed feelings about the extension because it's good value, but it's far from certain Capela will be healthy at any given point. He seems to always be hobbled by something.

I hope we extended him to make it easier to trade him at some point...Get well soon Onyeka..

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, terrell said:

I hope we extended him to make it easier to trade him at some point...Get well soon Onyeka..

No way.  We extended him hoping he would anchor the D, be a top rebounder, and a consistent lob threat.  He lead the entire league in rebounds.  It’s not like he was a scrub last year.  

• Moderators
4 hours ago, terrell said:

Shouldve signed Malik Monk(1.7 mill) instead of washed up Lou Williams(5 mill)..smh....What a waste of 5 mill$

If we had the option of doing that, we absolutely should have done it.  At age 23 and coming off a nice season with a .569% TS%, Monk should have been a higher priority target.  You'd think he'd be young and unproven enough to take the highest offer but you also can't rule out someone taking a discount whenever they sign this type of deal on a LeBron team.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

I tell you what not to rant but damn…I had some time on my hands today to rewatch my dvr recordings of the game and this shit just don’t make sense.

teams are doubling Trae waaaaayyyy in the backcourt on inbounds passes after the opponent scores!

do you know how disrespectful that is to this team where they feel confident enough to double team Trae before he even gets to the halfcourt line!!!!….that’s ridiculous!

The inbounder need to be sprinting up court for Trae pass out and there should be an advantage of few defenders or some kind of mismatch has to be there! Whatever it is McMillan need to figure that out! No team should be confident enough to run two double teams at Trae way in the back court!….if you can do that then YES something is wrong with your offense.

Yeah we did the right thing exactly once i think.   

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah we did the right thing exactly once i think.   

Exactly! ….Not trying to be hawks homer but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player double teamed that far in the backcourt.

maybe I’m wrong but I was shocked to see a deep double team that far away from the basket and it’s embarrassing we have not taken advantage of this yet! No one can tell me there’s no offense problem when you see shit like this!….opponents are daring us to score without Trae in play and so far we can’t do it.

46 minutes ago, JTB said:

I tell you what not to rant but damn…I had some time on my hands today to rewatch my dvr recordings of the game and this shit just don’t make sense.

teams are doubling Trae waaaaayyyy in the backcourt on inbounds passes after the opponent scores!

do you know how disrespectful that is to this team where they feel confident enough to double team Trae before he even gets to the halfcourt line!!!!….that’s ridiculous!

The inbounder need to be sprinting up court for Trae pass out and there should be an advantage of few defenders or some kind of mismatch has to be there! Whatever it is McMillan need to figure that out! No team should be confident enough to run two double teams at Trae way in the back court!….if you can do that then YES something is wrong with your offense.

Thats why Huerter should start..We have no other ball handlers......smh

If this guy ever became available, it goes without saying I’d trade the lot for him.

Cam, Hunter, Huerter, whatever it took.

Trae/Donovan and ANYBODY stand! (Obviously a big, Collins, it COULD be a wing possibly but probably best to be a JC guy as the 3rd option)

Look at his head! It’s above the rim. He’s in control with inside, midrange and now distance shots. He’s the real deal.

F3D426CC-C450-4B32-865A-085CA91EA66F.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:
I know it's early but..........
Hawks
6'4"
190 lbs
G League

NO! I’m not going back to the draft. I can’t.. I won’t.. :cray2:

With the 24th pick in the 2022 NBA draft, the Atlanta Hawks select..

No higher pick, ok maybe 20-25, or just stick with our #19, seems to work out.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Also, while we're on the subject of wishful wants/"wish he had"...  Jerami Grant was my FA target.  I like Bogi, but Grant was the guy that I coveted.  I don't know what the Pistons are doing, but I wonder how tightly they're holding onto him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wretch said:

Also, while we're on the subject of wishful wants/"wish he had"...  Jerami Grant was my FA target.  I like Bogi, but Grant was the guy that I coveted.  I don't know what the Pistons are doing, but I wonder how tightly they're holding onto him.

Do you think Grant can be a onball scoring option?

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, JTB said:

Do you think Grant can be a onball scoring option?

I do.

He's not THE answer, but he knows how to create his own shot while playing a role and as a bonus, he's a decent defender. Let me be clear though before I say anything else... Ya'll know I'm always ready for this team to negotiate, but I'm comfortable right now despite the losses.  I think we'll get it together.  Again, I don't think a player like Grant is THE answer, but he's solid, can help, and can possibly be had with minimal disruptions to the roster. 

IF...we continue to struggle, he's a guy I'd take a look at before trying to make a big splash.  Though, I have no idea what Detroit's FO would expect for him, consensus among the fans is some combination of late lottery/mid first round pick(s) , expirings, and a young player.  He's not on the Piston's timeline at 27yrs old and they are going nowhere.  I can't see them holding on too tight.  For sure, other teams are eyeballing him too so take that FWIW.

From our side, I'm not comfortable with giving up any of the young guys for him except Skylar.  The foundation of a deal is there with Galo's salary going out.  I'd be ok with moving on grant and pumping the breaks on Hunter.   Let him grow on the 2nd unit behind Grant and give him Gallo's role off the bench.  Surely there's got be some minutes in there at the 3/4 for Jalen Johnson too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wretch said:

I do.

He's not THE answer, but he knows how to create his own shot while playing a role and as a bonus, he's a decent defender. Let me be clear though before I say anything else... I'm always ready for this team to negotiate.  I'm comfortable right now despite the losses.  I think we'll get it together.  Again, I don't think a player like Grant is THE answer, but he's solid, can help, and can possibly be had with minimal disruptions to the roster. 

IF...we continue to struggle, he's a guy I'd take a look at before trying to make a big splash.  Though, I have no idea what Detroit's FO would expect for him, consensus among the fans is some combination of late lottery/mid first round pick(s) , expirings, and a young player.  He's not on the Piston's timeline at 27yrs old and they are going nowhere.  I can't see them holding on too tight.  For sure, other teams are eyeballing him too so take that FWIW.

From our side, I'm not comfortable with giving up any of the young guys for him except Skylar.  The foundation of a deal is there with Galo's salary going out.  I'd be ok with moving on grant and pumping the breaks on Hunter.   Let him grow on the 2nd unit behind Grant and give him Gallo's role off the bench.  Surely there's got be some minutes in there at the 3/4 for Jalen Johnson too.

I like your boy Grant. He’s solid and he plays HARD EVERY NIGHT. He’s a throwback and prolly learned it by watching his dad (despite what Jordan will have you believe lol) and his uncle Harvey. 

I have no problems making a trade for this cat. He’s one of a handful of guys out there who would ride in our rebuild smoothly.

• Like 1