• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

I'm an old Hawk  fan  but Tatum is better than any wing we have.  In fact it's not close. The HAWKS would be a better team if we had him period. I love Bogi,Heuerter, and Cam. I would hate to see them go, but if we could get Tatum for two of the above  I wouldn't think twice.  The same probably goes for Brown. At the moment Tatum and Brown are on a different level than our wings and we don't know if they will reach that level.  I really hope they do but we will see. The HAWKS won't repeat last year until our wings take the next step or we upgrade with a player like Tatum or Brown which will be hard to get.

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I'm an old Hawk  fan  but Tatum is better than any wing we have.  In fact it's not close. The HAWKS would be a better team if we had him period. I love Bogi,Heuerter, and Cam. I would hate to see them go, but if we could get Tatum for two of the above  I wouldn't think twice.  The same probably goes for Brown. At the moment Tatum and Brown are on a different level than our wings and we don't know if they will reach that level.  I really hope they do but we will see. The HAWKS won't repeat last year until our wings take the next step or we upgrade with a player like Tatum or Brown which will be hard to get.

My problem with Tatum is his inefficiency.   His inefficiency mixed with the star player treatment that he receives makes him a player who may never correct.   That's what I don't want from Cam.   We're so willing to make Cam the Next Star... Let Cam be and let him correct...  Let Hunter be and let him correct.   I think over time, Cam and Hunter will be twice the value of Tatum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Different talent levels. I hope Cam and Hunter reach his level but I doubt it. Tatum was a 23 pt and has continued to increase that. The HAWKS would give an arm and a leg to get that kind of production from Cam and Hunter . Just not going to happen, very few do. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Hunter is injury prone and Cam is inconsistent. They may someday reach Tatum's level but very few guys become 25 pt scorers a game.  Do you really think the Hawks wouldn't jump at the chance to get Tatum. I would give them two players of their choice between Cam, Huerter, or Bogi in a hot second. Problem being the Celtics would laugh at the offer. So let's hope Cam,Huerter,  and Hunter reach Tatum's level but let's not let our love for the Hawks cloud our vision or judgment but  production trumps potential every time.