• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No love lost between Hawks players

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

What happened?  I missed it.

They avoided him after the Indy game and didn't shake hands. I honestly liked Lloyd as a person despite the questionable coaching that led to his departure. After he was let go, I was a little bothered by the rumors of his actions behind the scenes revolving around Trae. If those rumors were true, I can't see how he thought that would end well. I honestly can't blame Trae if he felt a little betrayed. Now it looks like the players in general seem to be on one accord as far as their opinion of him, so him losing the entire locker room last season is obviously more than just a rumor. I'm glad Schlenk made the decision he did regardless of how it was viewed by other coaches. Lloyd had to go. That decision saved the season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Those aren't rumors. Pierce has admitted he told other coaches not to vote for Trae for the ASG. He also told Pop not to put Trae on the Olympic team. he also was the idiot coach that when Collins asked him for a defined role on the team Pierce told him he was being selfish. Pierce was a complete and utter fool as a head coach that intentionally sabotaged his own players. 

Good riddance to that piece of shit. 

Please don't sugarcoat things next time. lol

Regardless of what one thinks of any player on the team, those things that LP allegedly did are traitorous. One would have to be crazy to want someone like that coaching their team.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Pierce may be a brilliant young basketball mind in coaching circles, but coaching is more than what you know. You have to get buy in from the players to execute your brilliance.

Exactly, the head coach obviously needs to be competent from a basketball standpoint but the most important qualities are leadership and developing good interpersonal relationships.  The head coach has a whole staff to fill out with great basketball minds, but you have to be able to foster good working relations with the players for them to stay engaged and believe in the team.  Nate is great at that which is why he was able to overperform with some of those Pacers rosters. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The biggest payback was Lloyd getting a gig on NBATV and having to talk about the Hawks and how much we improved after we changed coaches, and how great we were playing in the playoffs lol

Talk about awkward.

Geez, RedD.  Total missed opportunity to go with 'Hawkward'.  Get some shots up in the offseason, please.  Come back better next season.

On another note, can we get off the Pierce corpse.  Guy's ded and gone.  That dead horse is hamburger meat at this point.  But before we move on ..... can someone direct me to the quotes where he admitted to advising against voting for him as an all-star and Team USA participant? 

Not saying I doubt it but I repeated that on RgM and want to provide 'proof' if somebody calls me out.....

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47bqkpjghzkp7wrkrksrn

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

FWIW my source confirmed it is true that Pierce told coaches not to vote for Trae to "teach him a lesson" and that Pierce told the US team not to invite Trae to it.

Thanks for the confirmation/evidence.  Now, if somebody calls me out, I'm whippin' this baby out and wiping their faces with it. (hehe)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Sothron said:

Those aren't rumors. Pierce has admitted he told other coaches not to vote for Trae for the ASG. He also told Pop not to put Trae on the Olympic team. he also was the idiot coach that when Collins asked him for a defined role on the team Pierce told him he was being selfish. Pierce was a complete and utter fool as a head coach that intentionally sabotaged his own players. 

this 100%.  F that POS right in the other ear!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Remember when limousine liberal Rick Carlisle called out the Hawks for firing Pierce saying it was a disgrace to fire him after all he did for the democratic party in Georgia?      The friggen Onion couldn't have written that better.

And then Carlisle just got called out for ripping the Finch hiring in Minnesota.

Is there a bigger hypocrite in sports than Carlisle when he took the job in Indianapolis rather than letting a minority have it?   

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The biggest payback was Lloyd getting a gig on NBATV and having to talk about the Hawks and how much we improved after we changed coaches, and how great we were playing in the playoffs lol

Talk about awkward.

And CLP handled it tremendous aplomb, not showing even a bit of sour grapes. Honestlt, speaks to the quality of person that CLP is. Most coaches would have thrown some shots or snide remarks in, not CLP. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sothron said:

Ok show us the proof if they arent rumors. Who is your source?