• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

....and here we Go! Hawks COVID cases. UPDATED! 13 Players to H&S

JayBirdHawk

32 minutes ago, terrell said:

Iwundu all day if Cam is out...

Unless entering Health & Safety Protocol doesn't count against 10 day deals,  Iwundu's 10 day expires after today. He signed back on Dec 23rd.

19 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Unless entering Health & Safety Protocol doesn't count against 10 day deals,  Iwundu's 10 day expires after today. He signed back on Dec 23rd.

I think we can still sign him to a second day, since guys like Bogi and Dieng are out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I think we can still sign him to a second day, since guys like Bogi and Dieng are out.

Yeah, if they decide to keep him, we have a good # of guys coming back Monday.  Guess we will wait and see.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

For the elderly and the chronically ill  its no joke. For a young healthy guy like OO, he's back in a week. Let's keep a proper perspective. 

My coworkers 20 something perfectly healthy niece just died from it.  Wasn't fat and no other comorbidities that I'm aware of. 

It's still has it's casualties. 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, marco102 said:

My coworkers 20 something perfectly healthy niece just died from it.  Wasn't fat and no other comorbidities that I'm aware of. 

It's still has it's casualties. 

"Didn't happen to me, so no big deal.  La,la,la,la,laa.." - Deniers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I don't think Bleachy is a denier.  His comments just come off as low risk equal no risk.

My opinions are based on epidemiological data, not anecdotes. It should also be noted, among the 4 major professional sports, no players have been hospitalized for Covid. 

24 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

My opinions are based on epidemiological data, not anecdotes. It should also be noted, among the 4 major professional sports, no players have been hospitalized for Covid. 

Your opinion is not based on that if you are saying no 20 year old who were perfectly healthy haven't died from COVID.  

Is the risk very low? Yes. 

Is it none? Nope. 

I guess it'll take a player dying before you say there's risk for them?  Do you have the data for long term covid symptoms on NBA players?

Again, it's not all about death and for someone to say it's no joke.  It's not a joke, if you loose your sense of taste and smell for months at a time, have to use an inhaler, having panic attacks, and have organ damage that may not be readily determinable right after covid.

There are other risks to consider. 

Edited by marco102