Some apologies are owed ....

kg01

18 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Greatest Atlanta Hawks run of all time is not tangible results?  Did you watch the playoffs?

You sure you know what tangible or results mean?  
Talk amongst yourselves.  I’ll give you a topic.  The deepest Hawks playoff run was neither tangible or results.  

The way we're going rn, that run will be a distant memory.

Right up there from when Al Bundy scored 4 td's in that game that one time.

(An aside: You do realize this isn't exactly a totally serious thread/topic, no?)

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The way we're going rn, that run will be a distant memory.

Right up there from when Al Bundy scored 4 td's in that game that one time.

(An aside: You do realize this isn't exactly a totally serious thread/topic, no?)

Oh yes.  I’m saying this tongue in cheek.  

And mother-f*ck the NBA for this.  Hope you're happy with gifting this below .500 team an easy win by keeping our guy(s) out.

No amount for cajoling and back-dealing is gonna save them from their play-in ceiling though so good job selling whats left of your soul for cheap.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Anybody else wanna explain how all these other dudes need a bigger role?

Show me some evidence they suffer(sic) from Trae's ball dominance.

I'll wait ... 

Anticipating it being quiet AF in here.

Look Trae can only iso, shoot, shoot off the dribble, drive, hit floaters, lead the league in lobs, thread passes between defenders, kick out to open shooters, etc.  All with elite efficiency and low turnovers.  

What we really need is my guy, (insert favorite chucker), to carry the load and for Trae to get out of his way.  My guy has never lead a team in his life but he could, just don’t count today’s game.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

And mother-f*ck the NBA for this.  Hope you're happy with gifting this below .500 team an easy win by keeping our guy(s) out.

No amount for cajoling and back-dealing is gonna save them from their play-in ceiling though so good job selling whats left of your soul for cheap.

{stabbing voodoo Adam Silver and Wardell Scurry dolls} :poke:}

I don’t know what you mean.. :angry2:

The team definitely has issues but the frustrating part is that they've lacked the opportunity to establish any coherence or continuity due to schedule/injury/COVID. 

If I was to shoot Nate some bail I'd say that because of the lack of coherence/continuity that guys have resorted to comfortable habits even if they are bad habits.  Also, I can excuse the rotations... for now.  You need data in order to make decisions, if you can still set your watch to his current rotations by the All Star break then yea...

As to Trae, he's unarguably the best player this franchise has seen in the last quarter century.  Unless you can make that claim about any other member on this roster, perhaps maybe temper the criticism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
On 12/22/2021 at 9:24 PM, kg01 said:

Anybody that questions Trae's usage ...

I love Collins, but anybody wondering why they don't "run plays for him"

Folks clamoring for the rookies as if they're gonna walk in like prime-Magic Jordan

And the coup de grace?  Anybody notice the team, in all iterations, having the same dang issues they had under the prior coach?

Smells like most of yall owe a certain milkdud head dude an apology ......

Prior coach made his own bed, and now he's lying in it.  

On 12/23/2021 at 5:20 PM, Hawkmoor said:

Last I checked, it was Trae Young who ran off Lloyd Pierce.  Travis didn't consult Hawksquawk to make that determination.  If anybody needs to apologize its Trae Young:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/03/atlanta-hawks-lloyd-pierce-trae-young-beef-fired

Trae Young and other young Hawks players reportedly wanted Lloyd Pierce fired

His own “boss” didn’t support him as an Olympian. Call it tough love or whatever you want but that’s messed up. If I’m putting up superstar numbers and aren’t rewarded by my own coach who should be vouching for me, I’d want him gone too. Lloyd could just as easily be apologizing to Trae for screwing him on that deal when he was in Pop’s ear. 

• Like 1

From what I see on court, there hasn’t been much change. I will say that morale still seems to be alright though.  They faltered much quicker on Lloyd and I think that’s mostly attributed to leadership style differences between the two. 

Some continued losing might change the dynamic though depending on how it’s handled. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This season is fudged right now.  Records are going to have little meaning if we drop 5-10 games featuring Lance as our best player.   

And the eggsperts gonna look at the final record and say that stupid Parcells line that we "are what our record says we are".

Which is a bullsh*t, dismissive line that totally ignores the unbelievable context.

Sorry for the tone of my recent posts but I am apoplectic rn.  Friggin @Sothron warned us but I am totally unprepared for how pissed i am.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

We got 2 bs losses on our record now although the case could be made that we still should have beaten Orlando but i still say we were missing way too many.   Of course we beat the suxers so i guess that's an offset.  It'll be interested to see how many we drop missing 5+ to covid.