• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some apologies are owed ....

kg01

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Agree with all except LP.  Nate came in and we went 27-11 plus ECF.  
This was a weird start to the season, I’m gonna wait before giving LP an apology.  

Nate won when his was still using Lloyd's offense. Nate's offense stinks.

• Like 4

Mostly the same players that we finished the season with.  Same health problems that we had last season.  Atlanta was terrible early in the season last year.  Ditto this season.

Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.  And it has.  Blamed Lloyd.  Changed coaches.  Now, we blame Nate.  Problem is, the coach can tell them over and over.  The players must execute.  Too many times they don't.  Do any of us believe that Nate had any plan or idea that this team would give up 40 or more points in a quarter?  Not just once.

Something is missing.  Too many of our good players are not good enough.  We missed some of these good players last night.  They were playing when we lost the previous six home games.  Wake up Hawks!

😪

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yeah I figured I'd trigger with that last one.

Team has the same issues now that it had under him.  That can no longer be denied.

Prove me wrong.

This is not true at all.  The only thing that is similar between both coaches is the defense but the offense is totally different.  And even the defensive problems are different.  LP'S teams where high steal teams while Nate's teams are bottom of the league in blocks and steals because of his personnel philosophy.

As far as the offense is concerned, Nate has the a top 5 offense.  top 3 in turn overs and 3 point shooting while shooting better quality 3 attempts.  LP's offense was the total opposite.  One of the worst turnover teams in the league year after year.  High volume 3's while being a bottom 5 team in 3 point shooting percentage and quality of shot.  Trae is playing better than ever under Nate and so is John so i think your statement is you being disingenuous!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah I figured I'd trigger with that last one.

Team has the same issues now that it had under him.  That can no longer be denied.

Prove me wrong.

For starters you would need to ignore last year's results completely.  Nothing can be proven, so proof boils down to what you believe created our results.  It's hard for me to believe our players hated LP so much that they were able to perform with sustained excellence for 4 months after he was fired and the coach had NOTHING to do with it.  

Last year you had key guys out with injury and it left a clear and defined rotation for the roster when we went on our run.  Bogi went 50/50/90 averaging 22 and Capela was getting mentioned as our actual best player over Trae (Remember that?!). This year it has been a juggle.  Guys have been injured or coming back from injury, like Capela playing at 50%.  Guys who have not developed chemistry forced to learn on the job.  We've had a brutal schedule to start the year, 8 game west coast road trip, tons of games sandwiched together, etc.     

There are some warning signs that coaching is lackluster, bad schemes and poor effort, but a lot of other factors as well.  I'm not convinced last year was a complete fluke for 60 games straight, and this year we are seeing the real Nate.  That's my perspective for now.  

Begs the question, if you believe Nate and LP are getting the same results, what is the remedy?  Coaching change or roster change?  From a roster perspective we might not be talking about Capela enough.  If peak Capela was key to our success, that is gonna be tough for us.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, kg01 said:

Anybody that questions Trae's usage ...

I love Collins, but anybody wondering why they don't "run plays for him"

Folks clamoring for the rookies as if they're gonna walk in like prime-Magic Jordan

And the coup de grace?  Anybody notice the team, in all iterations, having the same dang issues they had under the prior coach?

Smells like most of yall owe a certain milkdud head dude an apology ......

It only shows that players play the game not coaches.   Nate still has the support of the locker room (i hope) which is job 1.  

Guys are playing like crap and now we're missing most of the team.  But i still think they will put it together.  Getting Bogi back will be big.  Getting Cam going is huge. Getting OO will be the most important thing to happen to this season. 

The thing that kills me is that Nate is trying different things.   Folks see something that doesn't work and they are like 'Nate is an idiot'.   Well were you saying that when the guys came in the game or only after they laid an egg?  And when rotations or plays do work no one says crap.   

Getting to a rotation of :

Trae / Bogi / Cam / Kev

JC /Gallo / Capela / OO

These guys should get the bulk of all minutes.   Who backs up Trae i don't know.   I still think it's Lou

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Nate still has the support of the locker room (i hope) which is job 1.

I don't care if LP wins 3 chips with the Pacers, he still does not get an apology from me.  He wasn't a team-first coach and after I heard confirmations of the things he was saying about Trae to other coaches and not wanting him on all-star teams, US national teams, etc. he was/is dead to me.

Our offense has been good this year but that is mostly due to Trae, and LPs offense was mostly good due to Trae as well.  I trust Nate will figure out our defensive issues.  My biggest gripe with Nate is his rotations are awful, untimely, and he doesn't always play the best players.  It's easy to quarterback from the stands on those things but I do feel he values "experience" aka being older way too much.  Sometimes I feel like he wants guys to "pay their dues" before they get bigger minutes or a starting role.  I know he likes fielding the same unit over and over to build chemistry and I get that, but some of his personnel choices are inexcusable (loves Solo, TLC, Lou waaayyyy too much).

• Like 4

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't care if LP wins 3 chips with the Pacers, he still does not get an apology from me.  He wasn't a team-first coach and after I heard confirmations of the things he was saying about Trae to other coaches and not wanting him on all-star teams, US national teams, etc. he was/is dead to me.

Our offense has been good this year but that is mostly due to Trae, and LPs offense was mostly good due to Trae as well.  I trust Nate will figure out our defensive issues.  My biggest gripe with Nate is his rotations are awful, untimely, and he doesn't always play the best players.  It's easy to quarterback from the stands on those things but I do feel he values "experience" aka being older way too much.  Sometimes I feel like he wants guys to "pay their dues" before they get bigger minutes or a starting role.  I know he likes fielding the same unit over and over to build chemistry and I get that, but some of his personnel choices are inexcusable (loves Solo, TLC, Lou waaayyyy too much).

I don't disagree at all but i'd say that this is the gripe with 90% of the coaches in the league.   And just playing devil's advocate is it really that he loves those vets or that the younger alternatives really aren't that good.   He hasn't hesitated to play OO.   Solo and TLC never got in games until Cam, Hunter, Bogi went down.  If you're not playing Lou you're left with Wright.   

• Like 4

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't disagree at all but i'd say that this is the gripe with 90% of the coaches in the league.   And just playing devil's advocate is it really that he loves those vets or that the younger alternatives really aren't that good.   He hasn't hesitated to play OO.   Solo and TLC never got in games until Cam, Hunter, Bogi went down.  If you're not playing Lou you're left with Wright.   

True, I think we should be seeing what Cooper can do though.  Let him play through mistakes.  I think he is close to being a contributor.  It's tough to argue we can be much worse than Delon/Lou out there.  I probably philosophically disagree with how we're approaching this season -- really wish we had one more year to develop and try things out.  We're not a vet team and we don't have the same urgency as a lot of teams.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The Squawk made LP the scapegoat for all our problems. But we did go on an impressive run at the end of the year. Now we just have to find our groove again, but the hour is getting late. 

And we're getting screwed at just the wrong time.  Playing philly with a gleague team tonight on a home/road back to back?  Philly hasn't played since monday.   Yeah we could have beat Orlando but tonight may just be an automatic loss.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And we're getting screwed at just the wrong time.  Playing philly with a gleague team tonight on a home/road back to back?  Philly hasn't played since monday.   Yeah we could have beat Orlando but tonight may just be an automatic loss.  

Embiid and a barbershop quartet could beat this team tonight. The offense is a hot mess without Trae, and there's no quick fix to our season long defensive problems. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1