• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some apologies are owed ....

kg01

51 minutes ago, shakes said:

You sure about that?  Don't you remember what he did for the democratic party in Georgia?????

I think he’s a great leader, his game planning and adjustments were horrible but Nate hasn’t adjusted all that well either, I mean after the honeymoon second half.

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s still early..ish :mellow:

Think if what you think about the Lakers, for example.  They're objectively a trash team, right?

Well, they have multiple players with finals experience to draw on and I still think it's too late for them to salvage their season.

We have a chance but we're fighting an uphill battle not unlike climbing everest.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I think he’s a great leader, his game planning and adjustments were horrible but Nate hasn’t adjusted all that well either, I mean after the honeymoon second half.

LP was a great leader?   Great leaders don't alienate and demoralize the people they are trying to lead.   Maybe you meant outside of basketball?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

LP was a great leader?   Great leaders don't alienate and demoralize the people they are trying to lead.   Maybe you meant outside of basketball?

Maybe I do. :smile:

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Think if what you think about the Lakers, for example.  They're objectively a trash team, right?

Well, they have multiple players with finals experience to draw on and I still think it's too late for them to salvage their season.

We have a chance but we're fighting an uphill battle not unlike climbing everest.

Everest? Wow, dramattttiiiiiiiccccc. :sarcastic:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

CLP I'm sorry we blamed you for EVERYTHING.  

Listen, I know you meant this as a compliment but no I'm not CLP. 🤠

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

I personally don't feel I owe him any kind of apology for how I assessed him during his tenure.

Well I disagree.   So there.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

how was he in anyway a great leader???     Was it the constant throwing his team under the bus to the media?  The blackballing of Trae to his other coaches?   The behind the scenes verbal abuse he laid on Reddish and Collins?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Not everyone thought LP was the devil but he clearly wasn't an effective coach either.  Last season was his "put up or shut up" season and he didn't deliver.  That doesn't mean he did a terrible job with every aspect of the job and I'd call out the development that Trae, JC and Hunter saw on his watch for sure as a positive.  It is worth taking a balanced look at his time but I think the Hawks are very happy they let him go and I personally don't feel I owe him any kind of apology for how I assessed him during his tenure.

f*** I think Pierce owes me an apology, not the other way around.  And I want it in writing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shakes said:

how was he in anyway a great leader???     Was it the constant throwing his team under the bus to the media?  The blackballing of Trae to his other coaches?   The behind the scenes verbal abuse he laid on Reddish and Collins?

image.gif.5f450ca0fa1765b2c96c007e431a2bc3.gif

18 minutes ago, shakes said:

And I want it in writing.

Nope 👎 I can get him to give you a ring though 📞 and do it orally. 🤭 I’m sorry orally and pianist 🎹 get me every time. 

Seriously, (312) (…) (….) :sarcastic:

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Nah, you'll are rose glassing the LP era. It's like we forget the horrendous late game coaching decisions and disgusting rotations all of a sudden. Remember when Trae looked like he was tanking the season for a full week and half after LP threw him under the bus to the press? As disapointing as this start is we are a much better team than the LP team and it's not close. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Nah, you'll are rose glassing the LP era. It's like we forget the horrendous late game coaching decisions and disgusting rotations all of a sudden. Remember when Trae looked like he was tanking the season for a full week and half after LP threw him under the bus to the press? As disapointing as this start is we are a much better team than the LP team and it's not close. 

"Much" better?

I see no evidence of this.  Conversely, I can offer tangible results we're about the same.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Nah...

There are still 50 more games to play.  This whole chicken little thing that we do around here is so unscientific.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Nope 👎 I can get him to give you a ring though 📞 and do it orally. 🤭 I’m sorry orally and pianist 🎹 get me every time. 

Seriously, (312) (…) (….) :sarcastic:

Good guess, but I'm a 773 area code, not 312.  Now you can't get either if you want a new number.   

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

"Much" better?

I see no evidence of this.  Conversely, I can offer tangible results we're about the same.

Greatest Atlanta Hawks run of all time is not tangible results?  Did you watch the playoffs?

You sure you know what tangible or results mean?  
Talk amongst yourselves.  I’ll give you a topic.  The deepest Hawks playoff run was neither tangible or results.  

• Like 1

Last I checked, it was Trae Young who ran off Lloyd Pierce.  Travis didn't consult Hawksquawk to make that determination.  If anybody needs to apologize its Trae Young:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/03/atlanta-hawks-lloyd-pierce-trae-young-beef-fired

Trae Young and other young Hawks players reportedly wanted Lloyd Pierce fired

Trae Young and other young Atlanta Hawks players were reportedly ready for the team to move on from Pierce, according to reporting from The Athletic.

Pierce and Young had always had a “strained” relationship that built up over their first two seasons together, per the report, but that strain grew this season amid the pressure from ownership to make the playoffs. The two had mended things, but as the season slid the friction between them returned.

“As this season progressed, the goodwill that Pierce and Young had re-established would dissipate, and the friction between them would return. It became apparent that Young and Pierce were not going to be a match that was sustainable for long-term success.”

Edited by Hawkmoor