• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

4 hours ago, Cwell said:

Is it me or does it look like Cam lost the muscle mass he put on during his Achilles injury? Looks kind of skinny again like pre injury

It's not just you, he totally got smaller. Was thinking the same thing. Makes wonder if the extra weight wasn't clean weight. 

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

But Cam is a streaky shooter, guys like that have to keep shooting to get hot. 

This is true, but the issue with Cam throughout his career has been the size of the valley in between the peaks. 
He finished last game 7-17 from the field and 4-8 from 3 in 27:34 min. During his red hot stretch in the 3rd from 4:30 to the 1:08 mark, he was 4/5 and 3/3 respectively.

That means that his shooting the other 24 mins he was out there was 3-12 and 1-5.

My point. Cam will go ice cold for as long or longer stretches than he will go hot. That has been the problem since day 1. Every now and then he can put a full game together. During the end of his rookie year he was able to string full games together.

He may be the most exciting Hawk  not named Trae when is ON. But when he is off, he is OFF, and that needs to change. 

Kevin is a streaky shooter too. He has times where he can't hit. But he has learned how to tighten the gap, and not just fire away. He found out how to work his mid range and get to the line. He doesn't shoot us in to holes anymore.

If Cam can find or create easier shots to get him going, that would help eliminate the extended cold spells that plummet his shooting percentages. Get closer to the basket, try and get to the line. Just don't settle for 3's when you don't have it going.

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This is true, but the issue with Cam throughout his career has been the size of the valley in between the peaks. 
He finished last game 7-17 from the field and 4-8 from 3 in 27:34 min. During his red hot stretch in the 3rd from 4:30 to the 1:08 mark, he was 4/5 and 3/3 respectively.

That means that his shooting the other 24 mins he was out there was 3-12 and 1-5.

My point. Cam will go ice cold for as long or longer stretches than he will go hot. That has been the problem since day 1. Every now and then he can put a full game together. During the end of his rookie year he was able to string full games together.

He may be the most exciting Hawk  not named Trae when is ON. But when he is off, he is OFF, and that needs to change. 

Kevin is a streaky shooter too. He has times where he can't hit. But he has learned how to tighten the gap, and not just fire away. He found out how to work his mid range and get to the line. He doesn't shoot us in to holes anymore.

If Cam can find or create easier shots to get him going, that would help eliminate the extended cold spells that plummet his shooting percentages. Get closer to the basket, try and get to the line. Just don't settle for 3's when you don't have it going.

Streaks like that happen when mins are inconsistent and he doesn’t really know where his shots will come from. Nate has to run set plays for him early to get him in a rhythm similar to what he did for Bogi midway through the season. The one play Cam runs to perfection is the curl screen from right arc toward the left side of the basket where he is fed near the paint and he goes on to finish with his left hand. By the way his left hand finishes are a thousand times better than his two handed finishes or right hand finishes. If he knows where and when to take his shots and he has a few set plays for him, his percentages will go up.  He is still behind the curve on driving to basket on isolation plays.  That will only get better through trial and fire. 

Edited by MarylandHawk
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Cwell said:

Is it me or does it look like Cam lost the muscle mass he put on during his Achilles injury? Looks kind of skinny again like pre injury

I read somewhere that he lost the fat but gained 8 pounds in muscle. You can tell he is in the best shape of his career so far. 

4 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I read somewhere that he lost the fat but gained 8 pounds in muscle. You can tell he is in the best shape of his career so far. 

Doesn’t look like it, but I hope so. I just want him to be able to play through contact more. It’ll help him immensely 

• Premium Member
Just now, Cwell said:

Doesn’t look like it, but I hope so. I just want him to be able to play through contact more. It’ll help him immensely 

Yeah, the playing through contact thing is more mental than physical. It is like someone told to “not be scared and that you have to be tough and play through players as you go to basket. Draw fouls and get to the line.” He is literally trying to do that and just running into people. The other thing he is still doing is trying to beat people with “moves”. I remember LP saying this to him. He has to use his moves to dictate what the defense does and then take what they give him. He is just doing the move hoping it will work and then just commits to shooting. Whenever the defense isn’t fooled by the move he just dives into them. But again, the only thing that can fix that is experience. 

Cam Reddish, the "other" part of the trade.  We all know what trade.

Luka Doncic = The next great one.  Replacement for "The King" who is approaching old age as a NBA all star.  Then there is that little PG that Dallas had to give up to get their great, all everything, player.

The question:  Can the Hawks get enough production from Reddish to make this swap somewhat even.  Probably not.  When you give up the greatest player from this generation you must know that you can never recover.  Never mind that Atlanta lucked up and made the playoffs last season.

🕵️‍♂️

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Yeah, the playing through contact thing is more mental than physical. It is like someone told to “not be scared and that you have to be tough and play through players as you go to basket. Draw fouls and get to the line.” He is literally trying to do that and just running into people. The other thing he is still doing is trying to beat people with “moves”. I remember LP saying this to him. He has to use his moves to dictate what the defense does and then take what they give him. He is just doing the move hoping it will work and then just commits to shooting. Whenever the defense isn’t fooled by the move he just dives into them. But again, the only thing that can fix that is experience. 

That doesn't even make sense. It's not mental when he makes contact with another player and his body starts flailing out of control. That's purely functional strength.

It doesn't matter how much I "think" i'm stronger than Shaq. Nine times of Nine a 7'1 300 pound guy is gonna move a 6'2 200 pound guy with no problem

'Scuuse me while I step over the latest argument session ...

@NBASupes I need some help.  I just saw a guy propose a Reddish-for-Okoro swap and I'm livid.  Would I be completely off to suggest Okoro may not make it in the league past his rookie deal?  I mean that literally.  Reddish may not make it but he'll get chances due to raw talent.  Okoro may be out of the league as early as a year from now, imho.

Guy can't offense ... like, at all.  Can't help you on that end.  He's a mini verson of PJ Tucker.  And he's not as good a defender as Reddish.  It boggles my mind that people are saying Okoro is the better prospect.

Am I wrong?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

@NBASupes I need some help.  I just saw a guy propose a Reddish-for-Okoro swap and I'm livid.  Would I be completely off to suggest Okoro may not make it in the league past his rookie deal?  I mean that literally.  Reddish may not make it but he'll get chances due to raw talent.  Okoro may be out of the league as early as a year from now, imho.

Guy can't offense ... like, at all.  Can't help you on that end.  He's a mini verson of PJ Tucker.  And he's not as good a defender as Reddish.  It boggles my mind that people are saying Okoro is the better prospect.

Am I wrong?

That is why I vocally did not want the Hawks to take Okoro.  I wouldn't trade any of our young players for him.  (But I also don't think he is on the verge of being out of the league.)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is why I vocally did not want the Hawks to take Okoro.  I wouldn't trade any of our young players for him.  (But I also don't think he is on the verge of being out of the league.)

What is he?  He's only a guard based on size.  And he's not that good defensively.  Why we fakin' the funk?  He'll be drafted over this coming draft.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Am I wrong?

I don't get bothered by trade proposals and Cam's been killing scrimmages this TC so he's a lock to stay for awhile. He locks in a role, he will get a nice extension like the others. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Streaks like that happen when mins are inconsistent and he doesn’t really know where his shots will come from. Nate has to run set plays for him early to get him in a rhythm similar to what he did for Bogi midway through the season. The one play Cam runs to perfection is the curl screen from right arc toward the left side of the basket where he is fed near the paint and he goes on to finish with his left hand. By the way his left hand finishes are a thousand times better than his two handed finishes or right hand finishes. If he knows where and when to take his shots and he has a few set plays for him, his percentages will go up.  He is still behind the curve on driving to basket on isolation plays.  That will only get better through trial and fire. 

I agree with this, but I also feel like this can be said for far too many of our guys. JC and Kev are right up there with Cam as far as not getting plays run for them. Dre got plenty of action pre injury, Bogi post injury. Gallo had a role off the bench that saw him get a lot of post action.

I think this is something that needs to be a focus going forward. It's a lot of mouths to feed, but the talent is there, so we should not have so many possessions where we can't get someone a clean look or favorable one on one opportunities.

As Nate continues to get comfortable with the lineup, we should ideally see this improve. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I don't get bothered by trade proposals and Cam's been killing scrimmages this TC so he's a lock to stay for awhile. He locks in a role, he will get a nice extension like the others. 

Aye, you still takin' Isaac over Jollins?

Dude's Kyrie without the talent/success.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Aye, you still takin' Isaac over Jollins?

I thought it was Supes. I read your last one about Isaac and forgot, Supes loved him. Oh and um, another guy, I just remembered Hazzardous Machado III. I won’t say who tho.. :indifferent:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I thought it was Supes. I read your last one about Isaac and forgot, Supes loved him. Oh and um, another guy, I just remembered Hazzardous Machado III. I won’t say who tho.. :indifferent:

This should be my screen name.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Most of our players are streaky shooters..Bogi, Trae, Cam, Huerter, etc.......Gallo has been pretty consistent in his career as a shooter though.....