• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

48 minutes ago, AHF said:

Between this and the way that the US team has ignored Trae with LP on the bench leads me to think that Trae has some grounds to complain about the way LP has involved himself in those selection processes around Trae.  Feels like Trae is being held to a higher standard than Bradley Beal and others who have never matched what Trae did in the playoffs this year.

Since his termination, he has generally held himself out there very well and been complimentary of the Hawks, including Trae.  But I give a bit of side eye to the fact that Trae was never seriously considered for the Olympic team.  They sure as **** could have used him when they couldn't get the offense going against France.

The US team is built with a lot, a lot of ISO players.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Rumors continue to swirl.  Future 1st round pick for Reddish.  I shudder to believe that this might happen.  There is an old saying, "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush."  Hawks have Cam right now.  Who knows what that future 1st round pick will even be?  

He hasn't shown us as yet what he's capable of becoming.  Some here think of him as a failure.  Most of us believe that he will become an all star in the NBA.  Perhaps we're both wrong.  He may be somewhere in between.  Still, to me, there's not a future draft pick I would be willing to swap Cam for.

Almost all Hawk fans, including yours truly, believe in who we are and what we have.  If Reddish leaves Atlanta, it must be for something very good.  Not just a future draft pick.  They even want their draft pick to be a protected pick.  Meaning, if it's good we can't have it.  Bah!

:sun:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Rumors continue to swirl.  Future 1st round pick for Reddish.  I shudder to believe that this might happen.  There is an old saying, "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush."  Hawks have Cam right now.  Who knows what that future 1st round pick will even be?  

He hasn't shown us as yet what he's capable of becoming.  Some here think of him as a failure.  Most of us believe that he will become an all star in the NBA.  Perhaps we're both wrong.  He may be somewhere in between.  Still, to me, there's not a future draft pick I would be willing to swap Cam for.

Almost all Hawk fans, including yours truly, believe in who we are and what we have.  If Reddish leaves Atlanta, it must be for something very good.  Not just a future draft pick.  They even want their draft pick to be a protected pick.  Meaning, if it's good we can't have it.  Bah!

:sun:

There is no rumor that Cam is available right now. 

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is no rumor that Cam is available right now. 

No, but other NBA teams are saying they want to trade for him.  Cleveland, for example.  I shudder to think that we let some eastern team to steal him, only to watch as he destroys us in a game.

:smug:

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

No, but other NBA teams are saying they want to trade for him.  Cleveland, for example.  I shudder to think that we let some eastern team to steal him, only to watch as he destroys us in a game.

:smug:

Of course teams want him.  They all saw him in the playoffs and started drooling.  Just remember we have TS in charge.  He hasn't made a major misstep since coming on board, and I don't think giving Cam away will be the first.

• Like 4

I don't see Cam as a failure. He just hasn't shown consistency, and he's had a few opportunities.  At his age he does deserve more time and chances to prove himself.  I think what bothers me is our team won based on contributions of vets like Bogi, Capela, and Gallo.  Two comments yesterday that this could be our last year with those guys.  I don't trust Cam enough to replace production like that.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I don't see Cam as a failure. He just hasn't shown consistency, and he's had a few opportunities.  At his age he does deserve more time and chances to prove himself.  I think what bothers me is our team won based on contributions of vets like Bogi, Capela, and Gallo.  Two comments yesterday that this could be our last year with those guys.  I don't trust Cam enough to replace production like that.  

I think burying this team after next year is premature.  Cam definitely has a lot to prove before he can be counted on as a major contributor but the most exciting thing about it is that we didn't get that from him last year other than the handful of playoff games.  So that is potentially additive to what we did last season and that is a very exciting notion.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

The way I see it we are ADDING Cam (and Hunter) to our vets - the limited number of games they contributed in the regular season affected our final standings.  They each played in one playoff series and played well enough so I'm optimistic their addition for a full season (hopefully) would put us in an even better position.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The way I see it we are ADDING Cam (and Hunter) to our vets - the limited number of games they contributed in the regular season affected our final standings.  They each played in one playoff series and played well enough so I'm optimistic their addition for a full season (hopefully) would put us in an even better position.

That is true for this year.  The specific comment stated we could lose Bogi, Capela, and Gallo AFTER this season.  In that case Cam would need to replace the production of those vets along with our other younger players.  

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

That is true for this year.  The specific comment stated we could lose Bogi, Capela, and Gallo AFTER this season.  In that case Cam would need to replace the production of those vets along with our other younger players.  

Our season's success or failure will play a large role in what happens to these 3.

The way I see it - if we are winning and in contention WITH Bogi, Capela and Gallo, we stay the course to a degree (Gallo being the exception)  with minor tweaks.  If we falter - more widespread changes.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Did anybody hear that Cam signed with Klutch Sports?  That is the same agency ad Trae, Jalen, Lebron, etc. I think this is great for Cam. He is probably out in LA with Trae and the crew getting serious reps and runs in with top quality NBA veterans. Trae might be influencing this too because he knows if Cam develops into the player we all think he can be, it gives the Hawks the best chance to win a chip. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Did anybody hear that Cam signed with Klutch Sports?  That is the same agency ad Trae, Jalen, Lebron, etc. I think this is great for Cam. He is probably out in LA with Trae and the crew getting serious reps and runs in with top quality NBA veterans. Trae might be influencing this too because he knows if Cam develops into the player we all think he can be, it gives the Hawks the best chance to win a chip. 

Yes, it was posted awhile back and this is what Supes said about it on Wednesday

Screenshot_20210821-170516_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes, it was posted awhile back and this is what Supes said about it on Wednesday

Screenshot_20210821-170516_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wow. This is very interesting. This might be the most important move of Cam’s career. The longterm future might be Trae, Cam and Jalen. We really might be starting a dynasty. 

• Like 1