• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

If defensive Cam is as good as NBASupes and I believe, I can only say, WOW!  When I think of adding him to our team next season, I get excited.  And, with a new draft pick, that should be two improvements to what we already have right now !!

Plus, Cam can and will improve on offense.  Another reason to be pleased with his return.  Nate will bring out the best of Reddish and his best will be really, really good, I believe.

:hi:

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, sturt said:

Stumbled on to this pre-draft assessment of Cameron Elijah Reddish... and I know this is dangerous talk... but it's got me thinking.

Nothing's certain, of course, but after this season's in the books, many of us anticipate that Lou Will will hang up his sneakers, and there will be (once again) an opening in the depth chart behind Trae.

And I'm tantalized by the idea of Cam getting a crack at taking that role.

https://theathletic.com/632836/2018/11/05/2019-nba-draft-prospects-cameron-reddish-preseason-scouting-profile/

2021-05-24_20-31-45.png

Of course the highlight reels all are cut to show his shot and handles, and a little bit of his defensive acumen, not so much his passing, but this is all consistent with what The Athletic piece described...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I think Cam is going to be a great player but having Lou highlights the need for us to have a guy who just gets buckets on his own.   I don't really see Cam being that guy.  

He was for a couple of months as a rookie. Outside of that, it's been bleak

3 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

has cam done any practicing since his injury? 

Don't believe so... saw a couple places that the plan for him is to get him going in summer league. Sounds like we won't have him for playoffs... which sucks cuz we'd need him for the Nets if we get there. 

Edited by warcore

• Premium Member
Just now, warcore said:

Don't believe so... saw a couple places that the plan for him is to get him going in summer league. Sounds like we won't have him for playoffs... which sucks cuz we'd need him for the Nets if we get there. 

even if he had been practicing i wouldn't want him coming in cold like that even though he is very talented, playoff basketball is way more intense and i'd imagine that would put him at risk for something else to mess up.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Broken record here, to no one in particular...

If the accepted paradigm in the Hawks inner circle is (a) that we're intent on achieving a 2021 NBA championship, it makes sense to make every decision accordingly--including whether Cam would be put on the floor, assuming he eventually is deemed healthy.

If the accepted paradigm is (b) that we've already achieved our 2021 goal by having made the playoffs, and that our first genuinely serious assault on an NBA championship targets the one in 2022, it makes sense to make every decision accordingly--including whether Cam would be put on the floor, assuming he eventually is deemed healthy.

Someone might say, "Well, okay, though I subscribe to "b," isn't part of preparing for that 2022 assault also winning as much as you can in the 2021 playoffs?"

I think it most definitely is. The defining dividing line from where I sit is "Is it part of preparing, as opposed to the entirety of preparing?"

To me, it's part of it. I'd put it this way...

Go as far as you can go, but do that not much different from how you pursue winning in the preseason. That is, winning is good, but it's not the only thing that's good... so, don't fail to use that unique time where you have some latitude to test some things and give some critical experience to some people you know you're going to need to count on later when it really counts and you're really full-throttle trying to accomplish something great.

Circling back to the thread topic, and its intersection with that paradigm... If you get a healthy Cam back before the playoff run is over, almost certainly get him some minutes. Give him the benefit in 2022 that he's been there before, and it's not brand new. You can be picky as to when you do that, of course. But unless we're talking about a situation where he's deemed healthy, and as fate would have it, we're facing an elimination game, I'm not one of those in the least conflicted...

Damn it(!). Get Cam in there(!).

We only help our 2022 campaign, ie, our first serious campaign in about 35 years.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The staff clearly rebuilding Cam's form and his footwork. It's looking good. 

He’s so freakin smooth it disgusts me! I never stopped playing with him in 2K. I just can’t I love his game.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Stop the Press. HOT TAKE HOT TAKE:

Listen to what Trae just said in his postgame interview at 4:42

"The only game I missed (his rookie year) was the last one, AND THAT WAS SO WE COULD GET CAM REDDISH."

Now, it's no secret that we wanted Cam when the draft was coming up. We had been scouting him since he was in HS. But Trae just said we basically tanked just to improve our chances to draft Cam. In a draft with Zion and Ja Morant, we were making on court decisions with eyes on Cam!

Forget that we drafted Dre ahead of him, which shows you how high we really must be on Dre.

Trae, unknowingly, just gave it away that the entire organization was openly gunning for Cam.

That is tantalizing info to me. There were so many variables that could have occurred to prevent that from happening. We even traded 8 (his predicted landing spot) to move up for Dre. 

This team is really all in on these guys. From a grassroots level with Cam, and an assets level with Dre.

We sacrificed winning for Cam. But then we turned around and were willing to sacrifice Cam for Dre. Amazing.

• Like 1