• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You're the one that just posted a tweet claiming that LP was  intentionally sabotaging Trae and the Hawks. That's ridiculous and absurd. Please don't give credence to garbage like that. 

I posted the tweet for the actual radio content by Steve Holman Hawks radio play by play announcer on The Hawks radio neywork 92.9 The Game during his weekly visit asserting that LP 'told coaches not to vote for Trae for Allstar'. Have a listen then get back to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I posted the tweet for the actual radio content by Steve Holman Hawks radio play by play announcer on The Hawks radio neywork 92.9 The Game during his weekly visit asserting that LP 'told coaches not to vote for Trae for Allstar'. Have a listen then get back to me.

Did you read the tweet itself? part of it says "I had already suspected it, but this confirming that Lloyd Pierce was sabotaging the Hawks and Trae’s career". 

That is a false, ridiculous and completely indefensible assertion. I would expect some low brow posters to give credence to foolishness such as that, but not from you. LP is a stand up guy, and handled his firing with tremendous aplomb and class. 

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Did you read the tweet itself? part of it says "I had already suspected it, but this confirming that Lloyd Pierce was sabotaging the Hawks and Trae’s career". 

That is a false, ridiculous and completely indefensible assertion. I would expect some low brow posters to give credence to foolishness such as that, but not from you. LP is a stand up guy, and handled his firing with tremendous aplomb and class. 

Steve Holman said that Lloyd was telling other coaches not to vote Trae onto the allstar team.  That's not what @JayBirdHawk said.  She just laid out the evidence of the claims against Lloyd.

Seems you are trying to blame her for something she never said.  She provided evidence for who did say it, Holman and some reporters reported that Lloyd on a call with other coaches said he didn't like Trae's foul baiting. 

That's not saying Lloyd tried to sabotage him.  They are two different arguments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Again, I don't care about the fan comment, I'm more concerned with the video content made by Steve Holman Voice of the Hawks - that is what I give some credence to. I can post a separate direct link, but why bother.....

...and just to clarify I have not made any 'mean' LP comments since his firing. So take that somewhere else. I simply pointed out the 'three why's' why some Hawks fan are upset.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Steve Holman said that Lloyd was telling other coaches not to vote Trae onto the allstar team.  That's not what @JayBirdHawk said.  She just laid out the evidence of the claims against Lloyd.

Seems you are trying to blame her for something she never said.  She provided evidence for who did say it, Holman and some reporters reported that Lloyd on a call with other coaches said he didn't like Trae's foul baiting. 

That's not saying Lloyd tried to sabotage him.  They are two different arguments.

Well I have never heard Lloyd say anything publicly that was out of line. You would think he would get some credit for how he's handled being fired, but Hawks fans insist on continuing to drag his name through the mud. I think reports that he criticized Trae are weak sauce. We weren't winning, his job was on the line, of course there is going to be some frustration. There was plenty on this board. Popovich rips his players all the time, but he does not get accused of "intentionally undermining the team." He deserved to be fired because we were underachieving, but the lame ad hominem attacks from fans are pathetic and lame. Coaches around the league hold Lloyd in high regard, as evidence by his placement on the USA team. 

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well I have never heard Lloyd say anything publicly that was out of line. You would think he would get some credit for how he's handled being fired, but Hawks fans insist on continuing to drag his name through the mud. I think reports that he criticized Trae are weak sauce. We weren't winning, his job was on the line, of course there is going to be some frustration. There was plenty on this board. Popovich rips his players all the time, but he does not get accused of "intentionally undermining the team." He deserved to be fired because we were underachieving, but the lame ad hominem attacks from fans are pathetic and lame. Coaches around the league hold Lloyd in high regard, as evidence by his placement on the USA team. 

Again, you need to be directing this at the people who said it.  I was a Lloyd supporter.  It's the tone you are taking and it seems you are saying I'm saying this stuff. I'm not. Neither did Jay.  

So why are you ranting at us?

LP is no longer on the team and I wish him well. He sent a nice letter to the city of Atlanta and Hawks fan.  There are always toxic people in general, but the MAJORITY of Hawks fan rarely speak on Lloyd anymore.  If you're letting the loud minority get to you, that's on you.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Back to Cam.  He needs to be hand cuffed to Trae this offseason. They both need to work on their 3 point shooting and they can work on setting each other up off of the catch and shoot. If they work with each other to learn to compliment each other better, it will unlock a new level to this team. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, MarylandHawk said:

Back to Cam.  He needs to be hand cuffed to Trae this offseason. They both need to work on their 3 point shooting and they can work on setting each other up off of the catch and shoot. If they work with each other to learn to compliment each other better, it will unlock a new level to this team. 

Cam also needs to work on finishing at the rim.

• Like 1

Cam needs to build on what he did in the ECF. Trae needs to become a much better shooter period

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Cam also needs to work on finishing at the rim.

He needs a floater. 

• Like 4

Trae is a good three point shooter. But he takes the tough threes. He's not gonna be a 40%+ guy like Steph. I don't think that's in the cards. But if he can stay above 37%, that would be solid. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trae is a good three point shooter. But he takes the tough threes. He's not gonna be a 40%+ guy like Steph. I don't think that's in the cards. But if he can stay above 37%, that would be solid. 

Shot selection is the difference maker for Trae.

You line him up along the 3 pt line, he can knock down open threes at an above average clip. 

But his flare for the dramatic leaves him taking the kinds of shots that even good shooters would struggle to make consistently.

Part of what makes him special is his "audacity". He makes so many highlight plays because he has the balls to try stuff. Losing that would take away a bit of the edge that separates him from other really talented players.

So I guess we have to live with the deep 3's, hand in his face fall aways, crossover step backs, etc...and in turn accept that his percentage will stay in the neighborhood of where it is

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Cam needs to build on what he did in the ECF. Trae needs to become a much better shooter period

He needs a floater. 

That is actually in his game. Also, his left hand finishing is elite. Go back and look at whenever he drives left. There is always a positive result.  His decision making when he is attacking the basket is where he falls very short.  He is trying draw fouls by diving into people but he folds like a lawn chair when he does. 

• Haha 1

Lest we forget:  Cam is still very young and inexperienced.  He's missed so much time due to injuries.  Hoping that this is behind him and he can begin to gain that experience that is necessary for success.

Trae:  That three from very, very deep that he takes and occasionally makes.  When he makes one, wow!  But, when he misses, the defense begins to worry about it.  We must move out further to cover this before he gets hot and buries us with this bomb he throws.  Spreads the floor a bit more just to think about it.

:sun:

• Like 3