• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

On 2/7/2021 at 3:35 PM, NBASupes said:

He was the same height as LeBron when we played and Bron was 6'9 barefoot. Gallo is 6'10 barefoot

You are the one who's terrible at eye balling. D'Antoni said Gallo is 6'11

Who cares what D'antoni said. Coaches are not most trust worthy source when it comes to the heights of their players. CLP said Trae was 6'3" for christsake.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Who cares what D'antoni said. Coaches are not most trust worthy source when it comes to the heights of their players. CLP said Trae was 6'3" for christsake.

Who cares if Cam is 6'8, or 6'9? I just hope he turns into a good offensive player sooner than later............................

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, terrell said:

Who cares if Cam is 6'8, or 6'9? I just hope he turns into a good offensive player sooner than later............................

I don't care, but Supes has this weird thing about Cam growing thats not supported by available photographic evidence. Like maybe he's grown an inch since Duke, maybe. He sure as hell hasn't grown three or four inches. 

14 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Cam just needs to work on his mechanics. Great shooters have great mechanics.

I think right now, Cam needs to be in a 3 and D role where his main focus is his defense and three point shooting.  He needs to get good at both before he tries to expand his game.  I think they have rushed his development because they are trying to make him into a secondary ball handler and creator.  As a result, right now, he's an above average defender whose offense makes him a net negative player on the court.  

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think right now, Cam needs to be in a 3 and D role where his main focus is his defense and three point shooting.  He needs to get good at both before he tries to expand his game.  I think they have rushed his development because they are trying to make him into a secondary ball handler and creator.  As a result, right now, he's an above average defender whose offense makes him a net negative player on the court.  

Needs to go back to coming off the bench in a more limited role until he shows he can excel in that limited role and then you take on more.  He looked like he was ready for that Jan - March 2020 but has just been terrible on offense this year.  Very disappointing for a guy that I think can be an impact player if he gets his game right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Needs to go back to coming off the bench in a more limited role until he shows he can excel in that limited role and then you take on more.  He looked like he was ready for that Jan - March 2020 but has just been terrible on offense this year.  Very disappointing for a guy that I think can be an impact player if he gets his game right.

Honestly, I didn't think he would maintain his play from that 3 month span of time.  I think that he showed the flashes of what he can be during that time, but I have always felt he was a 3-4 year project.  He's young, and from everything the Hawks say about him, he has the work ethic.  He needs to get good in a limited role though to build his confidence back up.  

I think everyone sees Hunter's progression in his second season and believes that Cam should have been similar.  Hunter was the stronger, more fundamentally sound player coming out of college.  His developmental curve was always going to be shorter.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Cam's defense wasn't really that great last night. If you're going to be a zero on offense at least lock it down on defense.

His biggest strength on defense is covering ground and that forces extremely low 3pt% for opponents which is massive. Lonzo Ball, Torrey Craig, and Lu Dort also does it as well. Extremely impact for perimeter defenders. That said, his man defense tends to be good but not great. I heard it wasn't good last night but I gotta watch the playback. When I started watching the game, Snell was in. 

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His biggest strength on defense is covering ground and that forces extremely low 3pt% for opponents which is massive. Lonzo Ball, Torrey Craig, and Lu Dort also does it as well. Extremely impact for perimeter defenders. That said, his man defense tends to be good but not great. I heard it wasn't good last night but I gotta watch the playback. When I started watching the game, Snell was in. 

Snell is underrated and a good shooter.   With his length and D it's hard not to play him.

I thought Cam was ok last night.  I know he missed shots.  That's going to be a problem but he impacts the game in a positive way most of the time as long as he isnt taking bad shots.   But sometimes even though we hate it he really has to take the shot.   You start passing up the shot that the play was designed to produce then that's a bigger issue.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Honestly, I didn't think he would maintain his play from that 3 month span of time.  I think that he showed the flashes of what he can be during that time, but I have always felt he was a 3-4 year project.  He's young, and from everything the Hawks say about him, he has the work ethic.  He needs to get good in a limited role though to build his confidence back up.  

I think everyone sees Hunter's progression in his second season and believes that Cam should have been similar.  Hunter was the stronger, more fundamentally sound player coming out of college.  His developmental curve was always going to be shorter.

I agree with most of this. His play from that three month span matched his play in December of this year at least three point shooting wise. Ball handling clearly regressed and we noticed that in preseason. He was making monthly improvements, I don't know how you say you don't buy it when he's working with VC and Melvin tirelessly on it. To me, it's blatant, I am right when everyone was making fun of me for being dead ass wrong last year. That's the RealGM bs. That's fine if you want to do that but let's be clear, it's a weak logic to me. 

As for Hunter 2nd year progression, it was always predictable by me and I've been beating that horse for awhile. Why, for the reasons you stated. Hunter is strong, fundamentally sound on both ends, and had tremendous elite impact as a college player. Go to RealGM, I literally said, he's the Al Horford of wings as a prospect. 

Cam developmental curve is strange. Why? Because he's extremely volatile like Lonzo Ball but even more so than Zo. Why? 

Zo is a tremendous on ball decision maker. No matter which Cam we have seen, he's a poor on ball decision maker. 

Zo is a good passer and an elite transition player. Cam is an okay passer and a poor transition player. 

But while both are poor finishers due to their lack of explosiveness in space, Cam length and agility helps him as a finisher in general over Zo. He also uses his body to draw fouls. Sometimes it's smooth, sometimes it's bad. Cam is coordinated in the air, not really on the ground. 

Zo ball handling is average, Cam is bad. 

Both live and die on threes. Zo more than Cam but still, they both die on threes in the half court.  

I love both players because they can be elite two way players who can be two of the best to play in the NBA but man, their style of play is so volatile. Most in the NBA and Cam is like a rich man's, poor man's Zo. He got even more potential and is even worse overall and a much worse floor. 

Is he a project, hell, I don't know. His game is to volatile but he still has impact on winning games. 

He's made some improvement. More than he gets credit for:

Shot IQ has massively improved this year.

His off ball IQ is much higher than last year, still WIP but it's a lot of progress compared to last year. He looks miles away from Solo and Snell at it and those guys are good to learn from. 

His movement skills obviously have improved. Much better cutter than last year but he also cuts unnecessarily. This is the part where NC said, he needs to learn how to play Basketball. Movement skills are one of the fundamentals if the game is played right. 

Better FT shooter than last year but he has his moments where he isn't confident in himself, even from the line. 

Defensively, with the exception of man defense, he's massive improved compared to last year but most 2nd year players do. His man defense is still spotty from all of the games I've watched. He tends to get up for guys he loves like Bron or KD. 

Confidence is still the same issue. 

He's regressed on ball handling and his mechanics have went back to shit. He's back to being too loose with the ball again. 

He also isn't shot ready again but he's been better at it of late even if the results don't show it. 

That said, if Cam is shooting just 37.5% with his volume. His PIE was 16. That's the same PIE as Trae Young last year in his All Star starter year. 

Cam is one of those players, he got a lot but he got a lot to work on but he got a lot that a lot of people don't develop or it takes till their prime to get. Cam already got it. 

Skills, Flashing on defense, covering space on defense, agility, speed, quickness, first step, lateral movement with the ball when confident, footwork, with impressive height and length. He can impact a game on both ends consistency fast.

But those hands, handles, reactive instincts, consistency, natural vision, in the pocket handles, core strength, man, he looks like a long play as well. 

Cam is unique. I keep saying that. His productivity can be a 16 PIE and when you watch him, you might think Hunter is better. He can be a 16 PIE and not even look at good. Cam just has generational potential due to his style of play but man, he can be generationally bad too. 

I always thought he's a boom or bust for anyone but Atlanta, Houston, and Golden State. Now, I just think he's a boom or bust for anyone. Maybe he's a bust. Maybe he might be a project. Maybe he's a superboom. Maybe he's a massive boom. 

Him and Zo are two players I am still hanging my hat on. I can see why you wouldn't but you can see why I do. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Snell is underrated and a good shooter.   With his length and D it's hard not to play him

Snell isn't a good scorer. He's a good three point shooter. Shoots slightly above league average with good volume. He's a below average scorer. His value is off ball IQ and three point shooting. He can make contested and uncontested threes at a high level. His defense is average. 100%. He's a good man defender but his team defense is lacking, his lack of rebounding to an extreme degree is bad and he has the issue that Hunter has with getting turnovers but doesn't offer Hunter's positionally versatility. 

I can't speak on Cam last night. I didn't watch the game till he was gone. I will watch it sometime this week. What Cam has showed this season is below average finishing, average mid range shooting, and historically horrendous 3pt shooting. Cam best value is his ability to draw fouls and FT shooting overall right now. Defensively, he has a lot more rope as he's an exceptional defender in covering space. Critical to our defense or anyone's defense. 

• Premium Member

Sorry Supes, you're saying a lot of words to say that Cam has been on the 'Struggle Bus' for most of the season.  He needs to slow down and learn to compartmentalize, he can't keep letting his shooting stuggles take him out the game. He can control his hustle and defense. Di that the rest will come.

Has he even had two really good games in a row this season?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sorry Supes, you're saying a lot of words to say that Cam has been on the 'Struggle Bus' for most of the season.  He needs to slow down and learn to compartmentalize, he can't keep letting his shooting stuggles take him out the game. He can control his hustle and defense. Di that the rest will come.

Has he even had two really good games in a row this season?

I say a lot of words in general for Cam. Good or bad. I watch everyone like a hawk but I am invested in Reddish. 

Guys like Reddish, both Balls, LeBron, KD, Embiid, Jokic, Lillard, John Wall, Trae, Zion, Horford and Conley are guys I am extremely invested in.

Cam is the most instable and close to my heart so he has my attention the most although Bron makes me the happiest because he delivers.  

I am keeping an eye on many others including Hunter, Bagley, Fox, Murray(DEN), JJJ, Ja, Capela, Harden, Kyrie, Obi, R.J., Garland, Sexton, and many others. 

Then you know I love guys like Kenrich Williams, Torrey Craig, Nic Batum (LAC), Ibaka, Draymond, etc. 

Guys who are now on my radar that wasn't before even with the request of Hawks fans: Jerami Grant, IQ, Haliburton, Cody Zeller, Christian Wood, Julius Randle, etc. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Right now Reddish and Gallinari are breaking the Hawks in a bad way and not the NBA in a good way. LP needs to bench Reddish and let him get his confidence/shot back coming off the bench.

Huerter is flat out balling. But what we can't afford is the starting SF to shoot under 30% for the night to score a grand total of 7 points. Reddish has been in single digit scoring 4 times over his last 6 games. Snell is almost outplaying him in just half the damn minutes.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Right now Reddish and Gallinari are breaking the Hawks in a bad way and not the NBA in a good way. LP needs to bench Reddish and let him get his confidence/shot back coming off the bench.

Huerter is flat out balling. But what we can't afford is the starting SF to shoot under 30% for the night to score a grand total of 7 points. Reddish has been in single digit scoring 4 times over his last 6 games. Snell is almost outplaying him in just half the damn minutes.

Kevin defense gotta get better. Outside of Toronto. His defense hasn't been up to snuff. Excluding Dallas game

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

LuDort actually has an offensive game now to go with his defense..Pretty good slasher/finisher

1 minute ago, terrell said:

LuDort actually has an offensive game now to go with his defense..Pretty good slasher/finisher

He was always a decent finisher but his shot was broke broke. His improvement offensively has been groundbreaking 

• Like 1