• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

Thanks for sharing.  One thing I noticed.  Vince Carter had a good influence.  He was well past his prime with the Hawks but his wisdom sure was great as he helped our young team grow.

You are correct.  Cam is not a great interview.  On the other hand, he didn't try to blow a lot of hot air.

Off topic:  Rumor now has the NBA having it's season beginning around Christmas time.  Sure has been a long off season for tthe Hawks and their fans.

:smug:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, High5 said:

He comes across as shy and doesn’t really project his voice, but I have never had any trouble understanding him. 

Yeah he’s just not used to the media yet which is understandable. He’ll get better at it over time. I could only imagine being asked to deal with this type of pressure 2 years removed from High School. 

I remember when the Falcons drafted Roddy White, he was terrible at interviews. You could tell his thoughts were running a 4 flat in his head. Most could barely understand him, that South Carolina country in him was thick. Over time he became one of the most outspoken Falcons on the team. It takes time

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Yeah he’s just not used to the media yet which is understandable. He’ll get better at it over time. I could only imagine being asked to deal with this type of pressure 2 years removed from High School. 

I remember when the Falcons drafted Roddy White, he was terrible at interviews. You could tell his thoughts were running a 4 flat in his head. Most could barely understand him, that South Carolina country in him was thick. Over time he became one of the most outspoken Falcons on the team. It takes time

Some of that is not knowing what he should be working on compared to Trae Young and john Collins

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AHF said:

The big issue I see from the interview is Cam tends to lean back on generalities instead of details.  He is clearly not comfortable in this format of online interview.  He talks repeatedly about needing to work on "everything", on "both sides of the ball", on "consistency", etc. and doesn't tie that out to specifics.  I don't see that as being reflective of him being unintelligent, incoherent, etc. or as reflecting him not actually working on anything specific but rather him not being sophisticated or comfortable talking to the media.  He seemed most comfortable talking when about teammates rather than talking about himself.

exactly how I saw it. This isn't the first or last time a young player has been uncomfortable with the media. He's overthinking and trying to get it over with as fast as possible, hence the short vague answers

• Like 1

11 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Exactly.   I mean we're judging him on interviews now vs actual play?   When I was 20 I was very eloquent in my media interviews but i was the exception 🤥.      

lol At that age my answers would be no different. My tone would scream "Just accept what I give you and shut up.....with a smile"

12 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Exactly.   I mean we're judging him on interviews now vs actual play?   When I was 20 I was very eloquent in my media interviews but i was the exception 🤥.      

I was a bawse interviewee at 20.  I knew how to tell people exactly what they wanted to hear and make them believe I believe it.

Trait of a true professional .... or a sociopath.  I'll let you decide which ... Clarice.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47bsksyguq88ny6vwupz

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trae is still refining his speech as well. John was the best in front of the camera from day 1. Trae was a mumbler, now he has gotten better. Hunter is kind of meek as well.

Media training is a focus for a reason. These guys are athletes, not news anchors. They have to refine their communication and it takes time.

Look at some of your favorite stars from rookies to now. Night and day as far as speech goes.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I was a bawse interviewee at 20.  I knew how to tell people exactly what they wanted to hear and make them believe I believe it.

Trait of a true professional .... or a sociopath.  I'll let you decide which ... Clarice.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47bsksyguq88ny6vwupz

Why do your pics and gifs not show up kg?

9 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Mods can you help me out on why gifs are not showing?  Only from KG.  Must be the culdesac comments I made?

All are welcome in the 'sac.  It's probably because I changed the site I used after this site upgraded.  Still should be showing though.

Maybe you're banned and don't know it yet?

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I wouldn't be an hurry to fix this.  Sounds more like a feature than a bug to me.

Whaaaa?  Well, I never!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I wouldn't be an hurry to fix this.  Sounds more like a feature than a bug to me.

Funniest thing I've read it awhile:

giphy.gif

I cannot stop laughing.  That was a burn if ever there was one. Ouch..

This is @kg01 right now

tumblr_mms3joQYml1ravfdlo1_250.gif

• Haha 2