• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Cam is really quick end to end. Love his ability to use both hands to dribble and/or finish on either side of the rim. I would love to see more of this from both him and Hunter (next step in his evolution) when they grab rebounds.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 8/2/2020 at 12:17 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Cam is really quick end to end. Love his ability to use both hands to dribble and/or finish on either side of the rim. I would love to see more of this from both him and Hunter (next step in his evolution) when they grab rebounds.

With his size, length and speed, he certainly projects very well in a transition scenario.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I’m curious to see where Cam Reddish goes next season. 

LP: I call him Cam Motherf—— Reddish because I think he’s a bad man. I think he’s really going to turn out to be something extremely special. I want him to have the toughest mentality. I want him to think he’s the greatest player in the NBA. I want him to believe it because he’s got an opportunity with this potential, his skill set, his size, his confidence, he’s got an opportunity to really do something special. I’m trying to really bring that out of him. He’s a young guy. He’s only 20 years old. It’s scary. But we all want it now. That’s the challenge, but I’m going to be patient with him. I’m also going to challenge him to get the most out of everything he has.

Hawks Coach Lloyd Pierce.

• Like 4

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

LP: I call him Cam Motherf—— Reddish because I think he’s a bad man. I think he’s really going to turn out to be something extremely special. I want him to have the toughest mentality. I want him to think he’s the greatest player in the NBA. I want him to believe it because he’s got an opportunity with this potential, his skill set, his size, his confidence, he’s got an opportunity to really do something special. I’m trying to really bring that out of him. He’s a young guy. He’s only 20 years old. It’s scary. But we all want it now. That’s the challenge, but I’m going to be patient with him. I’m also going to challenge him to get the most out of everything he has.

Borrowed from Jambrad Biiiiiirrrraaaaaadddd. 😂 copy paste copy paste copy paste. Bring something new to the roundtable Jack. Or Jacqueline.

Generational talent and skills but this dude might had more barriers than Josh Smith as a prospect. The good about Cam is that a vast majority of his barriers outside of weak hands and explosiveness are minor barriers while Josh had a shitload of major barriers. I keep saying this, but there is no reason he can't be the best player in the NBA one day. He has the potential to mix high volume 3pt shooting, with high-end drawing fouls, he should become a good finisher once he gets the floater down and he should become a decent PnR passer in the future. Not Trae much less Kevin's level but Lou Will's level. Add his Corey Brewer defensive talent but with more bulk, I think you got a supreme SG on your hands. 

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Josh's problem was between the ears and his enablers. Million dollar talent, 10 cent head.

Woody felt Josh was the smartest player he's ever coached and when I spoke to Al, he said Josh knew where everyone is suppose to be like a quarterback and had a coaches mind. 

Josh issue is feel for the game, decision making, thinking he is capable of more than what he is, and all of the major barriers on top of that. 

Small hands - hurt ball handling and a number of other areas.

Weak hands - rebounding, controlling the rock, deep passing

Poor first step - kills dribble drive and a number of other areas

Poor touch - free throws, shooting from range

Tunnel vision on full drive drives - feel for the game obviously.

Built like a 3 but 5 abilities

I said it then, because of his athleticism, explosiveness, talent, and skills that he did have in his prime, he one of the more productive players in the NBA but he was ineffective for the most part and at best a 6th to 7th man on a great team in his prime. He had no business starting. Josh wanted to be great, he had no shot with his barriers. I will say, his enablers did not help either. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Woody felt Josh was the smartest player he's ever coached and when I spoke to Al, he said Josh knew where everyone is suppose to be like a quarterback and had a coaches mind. 

They lied to you. You saw Josh play.

If Josh had a coaches mind he should be able to discern what he was doing wrong. 

Josh may have been one of those guys that had good recall to know the plays and know where everyone was supposed to be but just couldn't execute his own role.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They lied to you. You saw Josh play.

If Josh had a coaches mind he should be able to discern what he was doing wrong. 

Josh may have been one of those guys that had good recall to know the plays and know where everyone was supposed to be but just couldn't execute his own role.

Al has no reason to lie to me about it. I am not a journalist. Woody had no reason to lie, he said it publicly. He can execute in his own role. He just kept letting himself get in his own way like Baze but worse since he had a lot more flaws. 

Some QBs can get in their own way, Fitzpatrick, Winston, Grossman, Farve, etc. It's a general term of they have a mastery of what everyone is suppose to do. Not that they are Peyton Manning while doing it. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Al has no reason to lie to me about it. I am not a journalist. Woody had no reason to lie, he said it publicly. He can execute in his own role. He just kept letting himself get in his own way like Baze but worse since he had a lot more flaws. 

Some QBs can get in their own way, Fitzpatrick, Winston, Grossman, Farve, etc. It's a general term of they have a mastery of what everyone is suppose to do. Not that they are Peyton Manning while doing it. 

Didn't the owner also say that Josh was Lebron. Just cuz they say it doesn't make it true. You saw the guy play.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Podcast below.  Good listen.  He touches on his relationship with Trae too.  I think they are on solid standing.  Touches on the the growth of team too.

https://hoopshype.com/2020/08/18/lloyd-pierce-trae-young-hawks-joel-embiid-ben-simmons-steve-nash/ 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Didn't the owner also say that Josh was Lebron. Just cuz they say it doesn't make it true. You saw the guy play.

Nah Josh was special. He didn't put it together on the court because he wanted to be something he couldn't be. I just wish he would've figured out how to shoot at least. Then it wouldn't have looked so ugly.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Agree with Jay here.  At the end of the day, Josh did things that maximized his weaknesses and de-emphasized his strengths on offense.  I think the "brilliant basketball mind" type comments are reserved for his play on defense.  When your fundamental approach to the game is bad to the point of being broken, you just can't be described as a great basketball mind.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Josh issue is feel for the game, decision making, thinking he is capable of more than what he is, and all of the major barriers on top of that. 

Small hands - hurt ball handling and a number of other areas.

Weak hands - rebounding, controlling the rock, deep passing

Poor first step - kills dribble drive and a number of other areas

Poor touch - free throws, shooting from range

Tunnel vision on full drive drives - feel for the game obviously.

Built like a 3 but 5 abilities

I said it then, because of his athleticism, explosiveness, talent, and skills that he did have in his prime, he one of the more productive players in the NBA but he was ineffective for the most part and at best a 6th to 7th man on a great team in his prime. He had no business starting. Josh wanted to be great, he had no shot with his barriers. I will say, his enablers did not help either. 

nah Josh was just a dumb azz. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. It's how you deal with them. Josh constantly went to his weaknesses and ignored his strengths on a regular basis. Josh could have been one of the best transition finishers in the league, but instead of doing that he'd grab the rebound, ignore the guard, dribble up the floor and turn the ball over. I had no issue with that when Bibby and Joe were the guards because they're not pushing the tempo, but to do that with Acie and Jeff? nah bruh

To always settle for jump shots when you're terrible at shooting and at your best around the rim, is asinine. When he left the team that constantly babied him, it was over for him. When your own home fans scream "NOOOOOO" when you pull up to shoot, yet you constantly do it? That's a different level of boneheaded. 

• Haha 1

I honestly fell De'Andre, Cam, and Trae were robbed not getting 8 games in the bubble. Cam was probably gonna pop like Michael Porter Jr. Hunter would look like the 3 people want him to look like and Trae would be looking like a legit star Trae. They got robbed. Right now, this is 2 year MPJ, year 3 Luka, it's not fair. 

• Like 2