• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His consistency last year on defense was worse than it was for offense. Nightly, I didn't know what to expect from him on defense. Some nights it was great and some nights, it was bad. Offensively, he gradually improved and was fairly consistent. When he was ready, he produced. When he wasn't, he was trash. I would like to see more positive consistency from him. Most rookies have this issue but no where to the extreme of Reddish. 

Yeah, consistency for rooks isn't unexpected but I agree -- hoping that his injury was part of the problem last year and the fact most rookies aren't the ~3rd best player on the floor any given night (usually a part of the 2nd team playing against benches).  I think he just needs to focus on D night in and out and create good habits, which is really what being a consistently good defender is.  The cycle is: Work hard at something >>> Improve that part of your game >>> make the improvements habitual/instinctive >>> move on to the next part of your game to improve.  If Cam (and the rest of our young guys), continue to do this, we will be in great shape this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/28/2020 at 6:38 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Kinda disappointed he doesn’t study Jimmy like that.  I’m straight on PG, Durant, and Tatum.  Jimmy’s situational IQ and body sacrifice tramples theirs, simply illustrated in his superior offensive/ defensive career rating splits to all 3.

I’ll give him a pass working out with Wardell III tho.  That’s f&@kin amazing.

Edited by benhillboy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 8:36 PM, AHF said:

He had flashes for several months last year.

Yep, I guess his entire January to March last year was a flash. Why can't people just accept that he has some regression in his mechanics and ball handling due to COVID from the 2nd half of year and once he's back on track, we will see the real Cam Reddish 

• Like 4

• Moderators
13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Yep, I guess his entire January to March last year was a flash. Why can't people just accept that he has some regression in his mechanics and ball handling due to COVID from the 2nd half of year and once he's back on track, we will see the real Cam Reddish 

Yet to have an offseason working with NBA coaches regularly.  You can say the same about Hunter but Hunter is older with more high level experience.   Cam will be fine.  

• Like 2

Cam maybe a rhythm player like Trae.  Let's give them time.  They aren't practicing and that's where can made the most improvements last year. Individual workouts and practice.  I'm still super high on him.  Even more excited about Hunter's growth now.   Again, if you can get Cam to be consistent with his offense, the Hawks will role out three of the better two players in the league. I'm including JC in this with his defensive improvement playing alongside Capela. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This is obvious to me.  He had a higher level of play that he showed over a longer period of time and came back this season with regression in his mechanics (shooting, ball handling, etc.).  My hope is that he will get the stability and consistency we are looking for but it may be that he doesn't quite get there this season with some of these issues.  We'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 3