• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Mods can you help me out on why gifs are not showing?  Only from KG.  Must be the culdesac comments I made?

I'm not the most tech savvy but this sounds like maybe something with your browser's interface with whatever source kg used?  Let's test it.  

@kg01

Can you post these gifs?

giphy.gif

https://businessesusa.wordpress.com/2017/01/03/nba-celebration-kid-three-atlanta-hawks-lock-and-load-nba-fan-three-gun-lock-n-load-hawks-fan-gif-for-fun/

Dance Off Social Media GIF by NBA

https://giphy.com/gifs/nba-social-media-3ohhwxrxsv4nMQ3Rdu

Then @Jdawgflow can indicate which he can see in my post and which he can see in yours.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not the most tech savvy but this sounds like maybe something with your browser's interface with whatever source kg used?  Let's test it.  

@kg01

Can you post these gifs?

giphy.gif

https://businessesusa.wordpress.com/2017/01/03/nba-celebration-kid-three-atlanta-hawks-lock-and-load-nba-fan-three-gun-lock-n-load-hawks-fan-gif-for-fun/

Dance Off Social Media GIF by NBA

https://giphy.com/gifs/nba-social-media-3ohhwxrxsv4nMQ3Rdu

Then @Jdawgflow can indicate which he can see in my post and which he can see in yours.

AHF I can see both of yours.

• Premium Member

Who was the toughest NBA player for you to guard during your rookie season?

I would probably say Harden. It was his volume. Every play he’s going at you.

I imagine you watched the Finals and saw Jimmy Butler wreaking havoc. He’s one of the NBA’s best two-way players and with that being one of your goals, is he someone you’ve studied this offseason?

Not in particular, I don’t really think we have too many similarities when it comes to our style of play. I do respect his game. I think he had a great showing in The Finals. But I haven’t studied him in particular. I might have looked at his moves and stuff like that, but I wouldn’t say I’m studying his entire game.

Are there any players you’ve studied when trying to improve your game?

When I was a kid, I was a huge Kevin Durant fan. But as I got older and started becoming Cam Reddish, I liked who that is so I’m cool with that. 

The Hawks were a better team during the second half of the season, even beating Butler and the Eastern Conference champs in February. How much can you all build on that going into next season?

I definitely think we improved a lot as the season went on, and I think we’re building chemistry day-by-day. Only way we can really go right now is up. Everybody is in the gym working. That gives everybody confidence. I’m just staying consistent with my workouts and everything so that can translate over to the games. I’ve been trying to touch up on all aspects of my game. I’m looking forward to whatever is to come, whenever it comes.

How anxious are you to finally get back on the court, and are there positives to being away from the game this long?

I’m extremely excited. I don’t even know how long it’s been, so I’m definitely looking forward to getting back on the floor. Obviously, we’ve had the ability to be with our families on a more consistent basis. That definitely means a lot to us because we’re pretty much traveling during the season 24/7. We know it won’t always be like that, so we definitely appreciate it. I wouldn’t say the time off is negative in any way. I think it was positive. We were able to work out individually and tighten up our games. So, I’m excited.

Sticking with Duke, your former teammate Tre Jones is a projected first-round pick. What do you think he will bring to an NBA roster?

You get pretty much everything when it comes to Tre. Obviously, everyone knows he’s a lockdown defender, but I really feel like you get the ultimate competitor and a phenomenal leader. He can score the ball in many different ways so I really think whoever gets him is going to be super lucky and they’ll see that quickly. I’m excited for him.

Last year, the rookies said you were going to have the best career. Even though it’s a talented class, I imagine you still want to prove that prediction right?

For sure, that’s everybody’s goal. It’s going to be whoever puts in that work. I know with God and my abilities, that’s definitely a possibility.

You’ve even received praise from one of the upcoming rookies in Anthony Edwards. He said you were the toughest player he ever guarded in high school. What do you make of that type of respect?

That’s my guy, I love his game. In high school, I was being myself and just playing my game.

https://www.nba.com/news/qa-hawks-cam-reddish-on-voting-at-state-farm-arena-anticipation-for-2020-21-season

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Great article on Reddish in the Athletic. Today's the last day to get membership for $12 i believe.

https://theathletic.com/2227241/2020/11/30/cam-reddish-atlanta-hawks?source=user-shared-article

That was a really good breakdown of Cam's struggles early on.  The part I really liked was being able to tell him how to fix things and it translates vs having to show him.  That's growth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The biggest thing to take away from his Jan 1st and on play is his PPT. If we see his PPT go up or stay the same and his touches go up, we could be looking at a T.J. Warren type of improvement in year two and maybe better considering his defensive impact. 

The difference between a better Cam from an overall stance and a better Cam from Jan-Mar is close to as massive as it was for Trae. 

A better Cam from an overall stance is an average 3 and D wing who's more consistent. .8 to 1.2 WAR, slightly better than Tony Snell or similar to Tony Snell. 

A better Cam from Jan to Mar stance is an all star wing. T.J. Warren with better defense. A top 50-75 player. For a young player, an emerging star. This is a 6-7 WAR player. 

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The biggest thing to take away from his Jan 1st and on play is his PPT. If we see his PPT go up or stay the same and his touches go up, we could be looking at a T.J. Warren type of improvement in year two and maybe better considering his defensive impact. 

The difference between a better Cam from an overall stance and a better Cam from Jan-Mar is close to as massive as it was for Trae. 

A better Cam from an overall stance is an average 3 and D wing who's more consistent. .8 to 1.2 WAR, slightly better than Tony Snell or similar to Tony Snell. 

A better Cam from Jan to Mar stance is an all star wing. T.J. Warren with better defense. A top 50-75 player. For a young player, an emerging star. This is a 6-7 WAR player. 

My hope is with McMillan coming in, Cam can really shine on defense.  He has the ability and raw talent, and I think he's already an O.K. defender, but with some more coaching and better scheming, he can really shine.  I want Cam to be the guy that is locking down the other teams best scorer (we have enough weapons on offense he doesn't always have to have a huge role on that end of the floor).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That was a really good breakdown of Cam's struggles early on.  The part I really liked was being able to tell him how to fix things and it translates vs having to show him.  That's growth.

Yeah, it was a really good read.  Made me extremely excited to see Reddish. I'd love for Chris to do an article like his on all the young guys and Bogi, Gallanari, Dunn, and Rondo. 

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

My hope is with McMillan coming in, Cam can really shine on defense.  He has the ability and raw talent, and I think he's already an O.K. defender, but with some more coaching and better scheming, he can really shine.  I want Cam to be the guy that is locking down the other teams best scorer (we have enough weapons on offense he doesn't always have to have a huge role on that end of the floor).

His consistency last year on defense was worse than it was for offense. Nightly, I didn't know what to expect from him on defense. Some nights it was great and some nights, it was bad. Offensively, he gradually improved and was fairly consistent. When he was ready, he produced. When he wasn't, he was trash. I would like to see more positive consistency from him. Most rookies have this issue but no where to the extreme of Reddish.