• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

Cam is still my guy.

I think the one area he could single handedly lift us is by becoming aggressive in transition. He is a natural fast-break artist and if he can get out and push it we could not only have easy offense, his scoring stats could fly through the roof. And think about this, Cam leading the break with Trae as a trailer getting open looks closer to the standard three point line, now that's scary

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, Bonkers said:

I think people forget that Cam did not have a summer last year since he was out injured. I'm really excited to see the strides he will make next season

Injured for almost the entirety of his year at Duke and then out injured all summer.  Was a big factor in both how he performed in college and how long it took him to get going in the NBA.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Reddish, who recently turned 21, started the season with dreadful offense, making one of his first 18 3-point attempts, and shot 27.9% from 3 in November, making his way to 40.3% in January after working with Vince Carter on his shot mechanics (he also went from shooting 20.9% from the field in October to 41.1% in January). His offense came along slowly, but his defense was steadier and developed much faster than the average rookie’s, as did Hunter’s. By the end of the shortened season, though, Reddish’s craftiness was coming to light, whether through his fluidity in attacking the rim or his focus in punching the ball out of opponents' hands for steals.

Overall, Reddish averaged 10.5 points and 3.7 rebounds in 26.7 minutes per game, and Hunter added 12.3 points and 4.5 rebounds in 32 minutes per game. Hunter started 62 of the 63 games he played in, and Reddish started 34 of 58.

Growing more consistent and assertive is the next step for the duo, Reddish said, and not just when shooting the ball.

“I think consistency, that’d be a big part of it, but I think the main thing for both of us is just being assertive, whether that’s scoring, passing, whatever it may be,” Reddish said. “Being assertive and aggressive on the floor, and the rest will take care of itself.”....

Both were able to build on the individual workouts they had been doing in the offseason, per Pierce, and came into camp with the right mentality. Minicamp ended up running from Sept. 21 to Oct. 1.

“I thought both of them came in great, in great condition, you can tell the work that they’ve both put in,” Pierce said. “Both here in Atlanta and with their respective trainers and friends, back at their hometown, wherever they’ve gone, I thought they maximized that time and they put in some good work. ... Cam today had a great scrimmage, just was all over the place, made some some big 3′s, some big plays

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AHF said:

We'd best not be using Huerter to cover SFs too often.

Exactly what I was thinking. We only have 2 interchangeable wings. Kev is strictly a 2 imo.. If we want another, the pick should  be Okoro,Patrick Williams,etc....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

Cam is said to be taller, stouter and more mature!  And, I'll bet he still has that beautiful, deep Bass voice.  Would love to hear him sing with a good gospel quarter!

With the improvement that his game showed last season, just imagine what he brings to the new Hawk team we have.  Capela, Skal, Dedmon and a much improved bench + our upcoming draft pick...

:sun:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 10/19/2020 at 8:59 AM, Gray Mule said:

Cam is said to be taller, stouter and more mature!  And, I'll bet he still has that beautiful, deep Bass voice.  Would love to hear him sing with a good gospel quarter!

:sun:

Cam can barely speak coherently!  Did you hear his post season interview?  I was shocked.

• Sad 1