• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something We haven't Considered....

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I've actually liked Knox more than most but nothing about his play so far seems to indicate he's going to be a real rotation player.   I really have no idea if he can defend.   

I also see him as trade fodder.. But Maybe Travis sees something different. 

Chris Lord - Client Success Associate - Tailify

• Premium Member

I don't expect much from him, but I do want to say on the record that I like him as a player.  He looked promising during his rookie season.  I actually thought NY had found a potential gem.  I had actually forgotten about him until this deal went down and I've been wondering why he fell off the radar.  Seems to have a good head on his shoulders, he can shoot a little, and his defense is decent...which should endear him to Thibs.  Maybe overshadowed by Randle/RJ...?  Dunno.  Hopefully we can turn him into something - either flipped into a major deal or a solid role player.

Ok so I want to revisit this, as I can honestly say I did not even want to give the kid a chance after the trade. I finally decided to scout him and his game. That being said, I still don't think he has more talent or upside than Cam. But that's not the point.

What I do like about Knox, is that he seems to play within himself, and that is a great quality for a role player to have. We have enough mouths to feed as is. What we have been lacking is guys that are on board with doing the "other" stuff. So far in the small sample size since he's been here, Knox is a competent young player with size, length, and versatility. What he lacks in flash, he makes up for in being solid. 
I can dig that. If he can be a poor man's Dre for us, I think we have something.

Ironically, one of the highlight videos I watched of his career high game, he was making Ben Simmons look lost on defense. I thought it was very telling, not just about Knox, but about how we keep idolizing Ben Simmons defense thinking he will come here and fix ours, but when you watch him closely, he has lazy tendencies and lapses just like the guys we already have. 

I think we are overrating Ben because the media told us he was elite.

Watch for yourself, Kevin freaking Knox just eating whenever he was guarded by Ben.

With that in mind, I'm going to stop dragging the kid. He didn't trade himself. I really think he can give us some of that Tony Snell, glue guy energy that has been missing this season. No, he wont shoot like Snell. But he will help balance out the locker room.

Not to mention, apparently his family and Trae's family are close from their AAU days. This is a move that sucks on paper, but may end up doing wonders for the team chemistry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I know that He wasn't our first choice.  We wanted Grimes.  BUT...  When we picked Knox it became evident that we got a better person than Cam. 

That's a harsh commentary.   But last night showed that to me.   Last night, our guys when we were up our guys were trying to give Knox a shot.  It started with Trae.  Trae tried twice to get Knox a shot.  Then with our second team being dominant in the 3rd, it seems like they just wanted to reward Knox for playing hard. 

About Knox.. I believe that Knox has a nice outside shot.

I've seen him in clips of the 3 on 3s and he was sweaty and working hard on the court. 

I believe that he must have gained Nate's respect because last play of the game, Nate had Knox on our all defensive team and subbed Trae out.   Also, Knox guarded Butler most of the time he was in... That's big praise.

So yeah, Knox is a role player, wasn't our first choice,  but I believe that he's liked....  I'm looking forward to seeing how much he will develop with us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I know that He wasn't our first choice.  We wanted Grimes.  BUT...  When we picked Knox it became evident that we got a better person than Cam. 

That's a harsh commentary.   But last night showed that to me.   Last night, our guys when we were up our guys were trying to give Knox a shot.  It started with Trae.  Trae tried twice to get Knox a shot.  Then with our second team being dominant in the 3rd, it seems like they just wanted to reward Knox for playing hard. 

About Knox.. I believe that Knox has a nice outside shot.

I've seen him in clips of the 3 on 3s and he was sweaty and working hard on the court. 

I believe that he must have gained Nate's respect because last play of the game, Nate had Knox on our all defensive team and subbed Trae out.   Also, Knox guarded Butler most of the time he was in... That's big praise.

So yeah, Knox is a role player, wasn't our first choice,  but I believe that he's liked....  I'm looking forward to seeing how much he will develop with us. 

As I said last night,

never underestimate the power of chemistry and karma

in sports.

• Like 2