• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hunter is becoming Marv

Spud2nique

On 2/14/2022 at 7:15 AM, Spud2nique said:

I usually don’t make directly comparison individual threads but this dude needs to step up.

Hunter has the body, needs more heart.

Drop the nice guy BS and ball bro.

image.gif.e65f32ff8141adb777008e90a5f92a27.gif

MarHUNT SUXXXXX. Fool’s gold. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2023 at 9:33 AM, AHF said:

In no way whatsoever.  

Trae Young TS% this year:  .568%.   Career:  .580%

Westbrook TS% this year:  .496%.  Career:  .526%  (career high .554%)

Trae is also a much better passer and Westbrook a much better rebounder.  Just a very inapt comparison, imo.

Neither one of those selfish players is gonna win a championship.

13 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Trae’s best comp is Allen Iverson IMO. A valuable player if the right team (defensive minded) is built around him.

Westbrooks BBIQ is bottom of the barrel and he relies on physical capabilities. 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Nor did John Stockton, Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Gary Payton, etc.  Regardless of who wins a ring, best not to draw false equivalences between players who are not much alike.

5 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Trae’s best comp is Allen Iverson IMO. A valuable player if the right team (defensive minded) is built around him.

Westbrooks BBIQ is bottom of the barrel and he relies on physical capabilities. 

Iverson is a garbage comparison, IMO, for much the same reason.  Iverson was a grossly inefficient scorer for his career and an unexceptional passer.  Trae has been a quite efficient scorer for his career (this season standing as a low point) and is a gifted passer.  Iverson's career best TS% is worse than Trae's TS% this season.  He was .518% TS% for his career versus .580% TS% for Trae.

If you want to compare Iverson and Westbrook, then I'm on board with that.  I see a lot more reason to compare those two.  The gap between .526% TS% and .518% TS% is not that significant.  The gap between .580% TS% and those numbers is huge.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This site has some [ideas that I see no support for]. Comparing Westbrook to Trae. Comparing Marvin to Hunter.

[Insults removed]

That’s not very nice Supes. Why the name calling. You just said in another thread last week that you went overboard with me and now this? Comon baby, you’re better than that.

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:er:...and comparing Trae to Marbury and on and on.

:sad: 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:er:...and comparing Trae to Marbury and on and on.

Marbury and Trae but have a emptiness to their games where they put up consistent numbers but can they play team ball much less winning ball. Both players are exceptional talents. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 3/11/2023 at 5:40 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

keep it up!

Thanks a lot for the jinx Grant Shirley.  After your call out, Hunter has shot under 40% in 3 of his 7 games played and his last 5 has him scoring in single digits once, shooting below 40% twice, and only scoring 14+ in 2 out of the 5 games.  

• Sad 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 11:01 AM, Spud2nique said:

MarHUNT SUXXXXX. Fool’s gold. 

I keep coming back to this.

Hunter got a strong body like Marv but just like Rondo bullied Marv in the playoffs, Hunter is gonna get picked on if not already.

Dude is mechanical like Marv. Basketball is a game of rhythm n flow (including the way your body contorts itself). Hunter is so darn mechanical in his movements that his body becomes weak when fighting for loose balls and even making offensive moves.

I’m really getting tired of Hunter.

SPECIALLY BECAUSE WE HAVE BEY!!!!

I’m advocating a trade for Hunter this summer to get him out of Atlanta.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I keep coming back to this.

Hunter got a strong body like Marv but just like Rondo bullied Marv in the playoffs, Hunter is gonna get picked on if not already.

Dude is mechanical like Marv. Basketball is a game of rhythm n flow (including the way your body contorts itself). Hunter is so darn mechanical in his movements that his body becomes weak when fighting for loose balls and even making offensive moves.

I’m really getting tired of Hunter.

SPECIALLY BECAUSE WE HAVE BEY!!!!

I’m advocating a trade for Hunter this summer to get him out of Atlanta.

There’s nothing anyone in the nba can do about Tatum. I think we have to get over this and just hope hunter improves overall.

can’t base things off of this matchup vs Tatum.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JTB said:

can’t base things off of this matchup vs Tatum.

No I get that but unfortunately it’s not just Tatum. He seems to struggle against many of his counterparts. I hope I’m wrong, he does show glimpses but it’s like Forest Gump said, “you never know what you gon’ get. (Not chocolate 🍫 in this but his overall performance on both ends.

He does have a pretty shot I just hope Korver helps him release the ball 🏀 quicker, his release is super slow because he’s so mechanical.