• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hunter is becoming Marv

Spud2nique

1 hour ago, shakes said:

told y'all we shouldn't sign him.     

Are there 10 worse starting small forwards in the NBA?

There are probably 20 starting 3s that are worse.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nba/news/nba-small-forward-rankings-2022-23-starters/ctrazt4ledjsdhsgzeqjj0vx

Well, 19.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

lol, nice list.

Ignoring how that list doesn't accurately reflect the starting small forwards on each team, I see several players ranked below Hunter who I would definitely take ahead of him.   

17 minutes ago, shakes said:

lol, nice list.

Ignoring how that list doesn't accurately reflect the starting small forwards on each team, I see several players ranked below Hunter who I would definitely take ahead of him.   

You need glasses bro. I don't see anyone below that's needs to be higher than Dre. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You need glasses bro. I don't see anyone below that's needs to be higher than Dre. 

Hey, I just got my first pair of reading glasses a couple months ago.  1.25.    

I’d take Wagner, Barnes, Keldon and Bey just off the top of my head.   Probably a few more with a closer look.

2 hours ago, shakes said:

Hey, I just got my first pair of reading glasses a couple months ago.  1.25.    

I’d take Wagner, Barnes, Keldon and Bey just off the top of my head.   Probably a few more with a closer look.

No. Barnes has the potential to pass him as does Wagner but neither are there yet and someone above will regress with age so Dre is still likely to be in this 10-12 range for another 5-7 seasons and maybe higher.

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

From this list he’s the 12th best for me. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2022 at 7:15 AM, Spud2nique said:

I usually don’t make directly comparison individual threads but this dude needs to step up.

Hunter has the body, needs more heart.

Drop the nice guy BS and ball bro.

image.gif.e65f32ff8141adb777008e90a5f92a27.gif

:sad: At this point,

Whose a bigger bust?

2005 #2 pick Marv

or

2019 #4 pick D Hunt

On 11/18/2022 at 5:16 PM, shakes said:

lol, nice list.

What is a small forward these days? Eric Gordon? Norm Powell? Half the players on that list are guards or play like guards. Most of them aren’t close to Hunters size.

• Moderators

Hunter and Trae have both been picking it up lately.  Hope to see that continue for both of them.  DeAndre could be really dangerous if he played like he did yesterday even half the time.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 1/7/2023 at 8:58 PM, Spud2nique said:

:sad: At this point,

Whose a bigger bust?

2005 #2 pick Marv

or

2019 #4 pick D Hunt

Marv had way higher expectations. We drafted Dre hoping he would be a great 3-D guy, and he hasn't been that, but he's closer to being that than what we expected (hoped) Marv to be at #2 which was a franchise-type player. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Marv had way higher expectations. We drafted Dre hoping he would be a great 3-D guy, and he hasn't been that, but he's closer to being that than what we expected (hoped) Marv to be at #2 which was a franchise-type player. 

No doubt about that.  If your definition of bust includes expectations as part of that calculus it is a no-brainer.  If I could trade Hunter for age 25 Marvin on the same contract, I wouldn't so I'd have to go with Hunter over Marvin regardless of definition.  

45 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Ya I agree. We had a lot of our cards 🃏 riding on Marv to be James Worthy. I didn’t have a Hunter comparison when he came out. But you’re right he’s 3 and D but some nights he shows out a bit like last night. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

In a re-draft we probably still take Hunter at that spot.  I sure would rather have taken Herro over Cam though.

It is kind of amazing that we traded for the 4th and 10th picks in the draft and the guys we have taken are sitting at 55th and 58th in VORP; 45th and 40th in WS/48; and 37th and 42nd in BPM.  You'd figure our guys would have no problem putting up numbers way better than that.

By comparison:

Huerter 19th VORP, 30th WS/48, 23rd BPM

JC 5th VORP, 6th WS/48, 6th BPM

AJ Griffin 3rd VORP, 14th WS/48, 6th BPM

• Like 1