• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hunter is becoming Marv

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Luka was not in game shape from the offseason for that season opener.  When Hunter starts consistently "locking" guys up he will earn memes like that.  

excuses excuses.

at the start of the 2021 season Hunter was locking up guys, there was the prison meme with other guys - Brandon Ingram was one....then unfortunately he got injured and has not been consistent since. 

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

excuses excuses.

at the start of the 2021 season Hunter was locking up guys, there was the prison meme with other guys - Brandon Ingram was one....then unfortunately he got injured and has not been consistent since. 

I see it as guys always making excuses for Hunter.  He's good, but do you really think he is a lock down defender? 

Another memory from 2021.  Hunter got injured and they immediately went on an 8 game win streak.  I think they were 4-8 during your so called Hunter locking up guys phase.   

• Premium Member

I will say this about Dre. Playoff Dre might be a real thing. The two series he played in, he was prime Dre. It makes sense too since playoff basketball is more of a half court game and refs swallow the whistle.  We all know that during the regular season, Dre can’t touch a guy without a foul being called no matter how good his defensive position is. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, MarylandHawk said:

I got one foot out the door on Dre and one foot in. Lol. 

I just need him on the court to keep his development going. A lot of defensive stuff he does won't show up in the stat sheet like steals, blocks deflections....he's a positional defender....when he stops a guy and forces him to pass, there's no stat to measure that. I want consistency from him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I just need him on the court to keep his development going.

Is he fully developed already though?  Toward the end of the season refs start to call fewer and fewer fouls so if he stays on the court for a full season we might see a better defensive version of him. 

• Premium Member
Just now, MarylandHawk said:

Is he fully developed already though?  Toward the end of the season refs start to call fewer and fewer fouls so if he stays on the court for a full season we might see a better defensive version of him. 

No, he's not fully developed, far from it.

With all the time he has missed with injury, I don't think he has reached his peak.

Funny he and Marvin have nearly the same on court effect:

C0C032B0-711F-4EEF-8B3C-0AC35C65FA4D.thumb.jpeg.48d565cca388d349ce5534b168ef3bab.jpeg

7B2284C6-0042-4EFB-A267-928640E16B4E.jpeg.6ed8d8bb67659a79baf49c4666d195be.jpeg

Only -1 suggests you’re rarely hurting the team, you just can’t provide anything at a premium on either end.  I really appreciate Dre’s defensive workload though especially playing 30% of the time as an undersized 4.  Dre’s absence clearly felt more than Marvin’s, a +2.9 on/ off is substantial for a guy like Dre.  BU depth does play a part but I always give credit to the player first for a plus on/ off net.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Dre can be a lockdown defender, but it's usually on larger wings.  He's not as good against quick guys.  He excels on guys like Luka to be honest, but regular season it kinda just depends how the refs wanna call the game.  I expect him to not be allowed to defend Luka tomorrow

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...