• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

When Travis became GM,  the team philosophy was clear,  turn the Hawks into Golden State East. 

22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The only similarity to GS that Travis ever imitated was having a dynamic point guard. 

Travis would never say "my philosophy was to make this team GSW East."

But no one should ignore all the times Travis has referenced his GSW experience as a basis for justifying what he did or intends to do (e.g., he recalled how critical it was to obtain Iggy when GSW did, and was referencing that ATL was at a similar point) ... and of course, that's only what we all do, is draw on our own experiences, and especially so to the degree that we've had some success in those previous experiences.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

You are reaching again, no team can talk to the Chicago about Lavine until the end of the season.

So no one has talked to Phoenix about Ayton. No one has talked with utah about Mitchell or Gobert? Ok

17 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

When Travis became GM,  the team philosophy was clear,  turn the Hawks into Golden State East.  That meant a point guard with a who could stretch the floor and play defense, a 2 guard who can stretch the floor and play defense, and wings who could defend.   Travis is either didn't draft the right players for that, he hired the wrong coach or he isn't the right GM the Hawks should have gotten from Golden State. 

Travis isn't gonna fire himself, so the first step is to step back and ask if thats the blue print he wants to continue with.  The players the Hawks have been linked to are all over the place.  To stay with the Golden State philosophy its clear the Hawks either have to upgrade shooting guard and get a wing defender.  This talk about Ayton and Gobert don't make sense.  I like Bogi but dude isn't consistent enough and don't play defense.  Young obvious is allergic to defense, that means the pressure is on either outscoring opponents or having wing defense to cover the backcourt.  Simmons, Irving, Levine, etc. are the type of players they need to concentrate on.  Bringing Ayton or Gobert into the fold is just replacing Capela and is not the answer.

When Travis Schlenk was with the Warriors, was he responsible for drafting Curry, Thompson, and Draymond Green?  If so, this GM blue print works in making consecutive dances to the NBA Finals.  Pass, dribble, shoot.  

Will the Hawks new trio of Trae, Ayton, and Levine fit this GM philosophy and win a championship?  If so, I personally would love to have a bad boy in the mix to help change the culture in a PJ Tucker/Charles Oakley/Draymond type mold.  Stand up for your teammates and check your teammates when times are tough.  With our current roster, we’re too soft.  We need a thumper.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

You are reaching again, no team can talk to the Chicago about Lavine until the end of the season.

New York didn't talk to the Hawks about Randle...those reports were just our imagination?

@Peoriabird

With all due respect, the next time that Supers comes with a rumor, just dont reply to it, Okay.  That is part of being a fan is hearing these rumors and see if it is true or not, I have friends that used to work for the Seattle Sonics (hopefully I want to work for them one day when they return) and they say that you will be hearing rumors all of the time, but it was fun to come up with the craziness trade proposals. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

@Peoriabird

With all due respect, the next time that Supers comes with a rumor, just dont reply to it, Okay.  That is part of being a fan is hearing these rumors and see if it is true or not, I have friends that used to work for the Seattle Sonics (hopefully I want to work for them one day when they return) and they say that you will be hearing rumors all of the time, but it was fun to come up with the craziness trade proposals. 

So they are just rumor now...none of it actually happened

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

I said his defensive upside and potential is higher than Collins. I definitely believe that as OO has been way more impactful defending elite bigs than collins. I never said OO was better than Collins. Collins is the better PF and currently only a more disciplined defender not necessarily better defender than OO by any stretch.

No such thing.

We don't compute defensive upside.  Mainly because upside talks about potential to do better.   Defense comes in a range.   You expect a player to be between here and here defensively.  OO has a good range.. maybe a better range than JC.. but defense is more about scheme and how a player is used than about natural ability.   Ask Wiggins. 

As far as expectations...   We can expect that he will develop a 12-18 foot shot and if he does... great.  Helps him be a better C.   But what if he doesn't?

• Like 1

We should be antisocial and tell teams to buzz off. :laugh1: Specially the scrubs. If they ever call 📞 I wanna have those old school rotary phones ☎️ and let Travis let me hang up on them and blow Bob Meyers dumb eardrums out. :fist:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

WHAT??? I’m sorry I can’t do 10, look it’s above what I can do, would you consider a solid 1%? :hmm:

1% is the chance that Spud in his younger athletic days might stroll into a batter's box and actually get a hit off of a major league pitcher.

10% is the chance that an actual major league pitcher could stroll into a batter's box and get a hit off of one of his peers.

I'm sticking at 10%, and if that's too much, I'm sorry, I have to utilize my option to walk away from the negotiation.

🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I don't think he was ever trying to make this team Golden State East but a team that is not going to the lottery every year.  I dont think no team will accomplish that ever again.  

GM Travis Schlenk follows Warriors’ blueprint to rebuild Hawks

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/GM-Travis-Schlenk-follows-Warriors-blueprint-12721184.php

https://www.sfchronicle.com/warriors/article/Warriors-get-look-at-Hawks-efforts-to-build-a-13390089.php

Its common knowledge that the Hawks are emulating Golden State with their blueprint.

16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't think you are right about this...teams are talking with other teams so I would be so loud and wrong if I were you.

2X02.gif

Okay I am done with this.... Moving on

But hopefully we get some upgrades and better play from the supporting cast

11 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/GM-Travis-Schlenk-follows-Warriors-blueprint-12721184.php

https://www.sfchronicle.com/warriors/article/Warriors-get-look-at-Hawks-efforts-to-build-a-13390089.php

Its common knowledge that the Hawks are emulating Golden State with their blueprint.

That's a media narrative.

Just now, NekiEcko said:

Okay I am done with this.... Moving on

But why?

I think you should continue this back n forth.  Please.  Just ignore the rest of us snickering in the background.  You're doing great.  Hehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But why?

I think you should continue this back n forth.  Please.  Just ignore the rest of us snickering in the background.  You're doing great.  Hehe

Even know I would love to continue with him (I would probably go crazy from it) I rather work on my little potato in the wildness of Eureka Hydatos

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I don't doubt that travis followed a warrior's blueprint.

I mean.

Trae  skillset is similar to Steph's  i.e. scorer/facilitator.

Huerter = Poor man's Klay

Hunter = Poor man's Igudala

Cam = Poor man's Barnes 

But that's about it. 

Draymond cannot be duplicated and we hit the lottery with JC.   Nobody really expected JC to be a top 7 PF.   So Travis switched up...

Brought in Clint because of how Clint worked with Harden. 

Brought in Bogi because we needed a second scorer. 

Brought in Gallo because we needed a sharpshooter. 

Brought in OO because we needed a BU C (secondary) and where we were drafting, he was the BPA.

From this collection, 

Trae really has played beyond anybody's expectation.   He makes the need for us to get better in a hurry real.  JC has played beyond all expectations (he has made trading him hard).    We had to give away Cam for the sake of the lockerroom.. and Bogi may have to go for the same reason.   We have to find that second scorer. 

If Spyda Mitchell is a possibility, we can't look past him. 

I believe that Lavine talk is simply Klutch Sports doing it's work. 

I believe Ayton is available but he's fool's gold. 

I believe that Gobert is available because it's not working in Utah.. and it won't work here with him either.   Think about it, he's this great defensive force but his team always makes the early exit?  Why?  Is it that he and Mitchell make so much that it's hard for Utah to improve?  What happens here?

For the Ayton fans...

Earth Planet Sticker by yuhankimberly for iOS & Android | GIPHY

Ayton couldn't prosper more playing with one of the best Pgs in History and one of the best SGs in the game.   What happens here?

Simmons may be available.  The KD threat on the Kyrie Max out is interesting.   I don't think Brooklyn wants to eat all that LT and get Swept in the first round.  But they don't want to lose KD.. But they have to hate Kyrie.  Interesting.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, hawkster911 said:

We need a thumper.  

You don't say.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Maaaaaaybeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... ????

giphy.gif

(hehe... no, I couldn't resist... and I'm a little bolder today b/c I'm content again to believe JC and CC would remain starters.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Seriously! The celtics are one of the top 3 teams in the NBA with a young core and the solution to losing game 7 against the #1 seed in the East in their building is to break the team up? Only Hawk fans think like this. Just asinine

Right. That’s exactly it. Or they could look to find a better star fit next to Tatum. I mean - they’ve played together 5 years. Have yet to make a finals. And brown is in a contract year next year. To act like they won’t consider what’s out there is pretty short sighted. 

Maybe I should have emphasized for the reactionary types. I don’t think we have the pieces to get a brown. But the ripple effects of a potential trade like that is something to pay attention to as to who becomes available. We are debating potential trades before it’s June. No draft. No free agency. No champion. So to think certain people will become available and others will get taken off the market in May is pretty laughable. 

but you do you. Perhaps we shouldnot do anything and let Hunter take that next step to a 20ppg scorer. He’s def proven capable even back to his college days when he averaged 9 and 15 a game.