• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Circling back to this Gobert thing.

Trae/Coop

Huerter/Monk (FA)

Hunter/ Stanley Johnson (FA) (my boy :smile:)

JC/JJ

Gobert/OO 

Don’t mind this ⬆️ group.

Trae Huerter starting backcourt again?

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Trae Huerter starting backcourt again?

Thats a easy no thanks from me i have no interest at all to see Trae along side Huerter or Bogi starting ever again if we don't have too. 

I honestly think that team isn't much better to what we have now and don't think we would be a top 3 or 4 team again in the harder east with it.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You really skipped all of the recording and went straight to Curry, LMAO. 

👇🏾

3 hours ago, Wretch said:

Damn you for recording a whole response dude. lol I would say that I'm not going to listen to it, but out of respect for you I will.  I can't right now.  I'll listen to the rest of it later and give you my thoughts.  For now, I did listen to the first 3:11 and I'll offer this...

I got as far as what people in the league think of Horford and that he was so highly thought of, that we were offered Curry and turned them down.  I didn't skip anything, that's where I stopped.  I'll finish listening to you tomorrow and go once around the merry-go-round.  Not tonight tho... lol I really don't have this in me anymore.  Haven't in some time.

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

Color me jealous.  I strive one day to make @NBASupes pissed enough to record a whole response.  If only to hear the dulcet tones once more.

Have I told anyone my theory about supes being Treavor Scales?  Yeah, I'm running with that as my summer conspiracy theory. 

You want a recorded response I’ll leave ya one. Want me to sing 🎤 too? 🎶 I JUST CALLED… TO SAY… AND I MEAN IT FOR THE BOTTOM OF MYYYYYYY HEARRTTT!!!!! 🎶 

Wait, shiz more of a serenade. :indifferent:..

I may have wandered down a bad path here… :eyebrow:.

Aye Supes why you whispering sweet nothings into @Wretch’s ear? 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Wretch said:

Damn you for recording a whole response dude. lol I would say that I'm not going to listen to it, but out of respect for you I will.  I can't right now.  I'll listen to the rest of it later and give you my thoughts.  For now, I did listen to the first 3:11 and I'll offer this...

First and foremost, you can't say you respect someone and their basketball knowledge and then turn around and call them a casual - or even allude to it.  One of the other - and I'll accept whichever you choose to use.  I'll argue (a little), but I'll accept that.  There are very few casuals on this board.  I can assure you that I am not one of them.  If you're saying it's a surface-level argument, I'll give you that.  Because  a) I'm not interested in deep-dive merry-go-rounds and b) the conversation about Horford doesn't require much more than surface level commentary.  His scouting reports (the ones that I remember reading) accurately described what he is and predicted the trajectory of his career.  Which is what I believe the consensus on him is.

On the Curry commentary.  Whatever point you were making with Curry has more to do with their relative value and timing - ie...not knowing the full extent of Curry's potential.  Taking that out of the equation, you're not making an argument that prime Curry is worth a 1-1 swap with prime Horford.  The only thing this speaks to is the fact that Horford is, and has always been a very valuable player.  That does not equate to him being THE single greatest Hawk since Bob Petit.

WHICH ONE OF YALL WRETCH?

image.gif.9591ba16d984069cbc580330e0407b3e.gif

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh then he goes back to what he’s been 98% of his career, ALICE! 

image.gif.9f8e8d1517c9ba0826344f424b78deb1.gif

I'm really looking forward to his answer.  I hope he doesn't overlook it, or try to avoid answering it.  Just give his honest opinion on how a player of Horford's stature would handle a situation like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm really looking forward to his answer.  I hope he doesn't overlook it, or try to avoid answering it.  Just give his honest opinion on how a player of Horford's stature would handle a situation like that.

2 points 3 boards 1 assist and a quiet bow 🙇‍♀️ out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Scenario:

Tatum goes down in Game 2, and Brown gets ejected due to arguing a horrible call.

Game is tied at 87 with 11 min to go in the game.

With a lineup of Smart - Pritchard - Williams - Horford - Williams ... illustrate how Horford's presence would impact the rest of the game on offense and defense?

What specifically would he do to lead the Celtics to victory?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Scenario:

Tatum goes down in Game 2, and Brown gets ejected due to arguing a horrible call.

Game is tied at 87 with 11 min to go in the game.

With a lineup of Smart - Pritchard - Williams - Horford - Williams ... illustrate how Horford's presence would impact the rest of the game on offense and defense?

What specifically would he do to lead the Celtics to victory?

2022 or even prime 2016 Al Horford isn't overcoming Golden State with that lineup for a series. For a playoff game, I am pretty sure you will still be using your bench with 11 mins left so it obviously depends. Boston could still win the game but there is no way they can win the series with that lineup and beat GS. Come on son, use common f***ing sense. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

2022 or even prime 2016 Al Horford isn't overcoming Golden State with that lineup for a series. For a playoff game, I am pretty sure you will still be using your bench with 11 mins left so it obviously depends. Boston could still win the game but there is no way they can win the series with that lineup and beat GS. Come on son, use common f***ing sense. 

I'm talking specifics on what Horford as a player would do in that situation.  What adjustments would he or could he make in his game to help lead Boston to victory?

And I'm not talking about in the entire series.  I'm talking about in that particular game scenario.

Tie game . . . 11 minutes left . . . no Tatum or Brown.

How does Horford play those last 11 minutes to help lead his team to victory?

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Y'all can keep arguing star players win series all you want...This playoffs has been about depth and finding the hot contributor off the bench.  In today's game, you need depth not consolidation.  Just ask Brooklyn who supposedly has the best player in the league and got swept.

17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

To end this referendum on Al Horford being the Best Hawk since Pettit?  This is disrespectful.

Al Horford never led his Hawks team in PPG.

Al Horford never led his Hawks  team in APG.

Al Horford never led his Hawks team in RPG.

Al Horford led the team in Blocks per game 1 time and then he was ranked 81st in the league in Blocks. 

Al Horford played for us for 9 seasons and was an all-star twice. 

But some would say best Hawk since Pettit?  On what Basis??  How do you compare that to a guy like Nique or Trae who actually carried the franchise.  Nique in Points, Trae in Points and Assists?  How do you compare that to Joe Johnson who had 7 all star appearances in 8 years?  How do you compare that the Deke, whose rebounding and defense were game changing. 

Al Horford was a good player.  He played Good positional defense and he played within the framework of the offense.  However, he did nothing to stand out.  His rebounding was below average.   His scoring was average.  He was a good passer for a big man.  But nothing that is going to make you say I must have him.  Let us please stop disrespecting the real great players of our beloved franchise. 

Horford the best Hawk since Pettit?  

Throw Our Heads Back GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

With all the changes we're expected to make in the off season, do yall think we'll be in the championship hunt? 

I feel like we'll be a competitive playoff team, but a season to let the team gel and potentially get a new HC is whatll push us into the elite tier of teams in the NBA