• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They like McGee and want to bring him back and Capela isn't beating OG in a deal. JC will for this team as he's a perfect fit. Ideally, Capela makes the most sense but it's about beating other offers. JC is our best player that's available. For Ayton, we gotta do the uncomfortable. If Capela gets it done. That's what I would prefer. 

If JC is used in a potential  Ayton deal then we should revisit Torontos high interest in Capela and go after OG. 

a wing is wing to me in this era and theoretically you could play OG at the 2 and keep Hunter at the 3. We’d have a hole at the 4 but we have OO and JJ to fight for that….

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

If JC is used in a potential  Ayton deal then we should revisit Torontos high interest in Capela and go after OG. 

a wing is wing to me in this era and theoretically you could play OG at the 2 and keep Hunter at the 3. We’d have a hole at the 4 but we have OO and JJ to fight for that….

Toronto interest in Capela isn't got anyone in their real core. Gary Trent Jr. Is the guy for them to offer. That's not that appealing for us.

26 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Suns fan can want prime LBJ, doesn't mean they will get it. It's a sign and trade.

I too was wondering if Ayton would want to go to Toronto.  Toronto will be in the same boat as Atlanta if they take on the other contracts because they wouldn't have the cap space to take on an Ayton max.

Again, I think Capela and pick (s) is what Phx would want.  

No need in trying to get rid of JC.

They could do the deal with just OG. They actually have the salary cap space to add 11+ million. And would still be under the LT by 20 million. 

Atlanta simply has more contracts. 

You got Bogi, Kevin, Trae, Capela, JC, and Gallo all with contracts.

They got Siakam, FVV, OG, and Trent. 

They got one high end rookie deal. We got two with Dre and OO. 

Edited by NBASupes

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They could do the deal with just OG. They actually have the salary cap space to add 11+ million. And would still be under the LT by 20 million. 

Atlanta simply has more contracts. 

You got Bogi, Kevin, Trae, Capela, JC, and Gallo all with contracts.

They got Siakam, FVV, OG, and Trent. 

They got one high end rookie deal. We got two with Dre and OO. 

They could not do the deal with just OG. 

image.thumb.png.b7905e7c3b39ae154faad27b630b95d9.png

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gary Trent Jr. Is the guy for them to offer. That's not that appealing for us.

I've always liked him...

This latest J. Grant rumor is ridiculous... that dude is late to the party and he's clearly a tool shill 

It seemed so obvious 2 summers ago that our money would have been best spent just signing Grant and keeping flexibility. I'd be pissed if we give away assets just because we signed the wrong people 2 years ago. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, warcore said:

I've always liked him...

This latest J. Grant rumor is ridiculous... that dude is late to the party and he's clearly a tool shill 

It seemed so obvious 2 summers ago that our money would have been best spent just signing Grant and keeping flexibility. I'd be pissed if we give away assets just because we signed the wrong people 2 years ago. 

It would've costed us the same money we gave Gallo. It never made sense to me why we didn't pursue him further.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

It would've costed us the same money we gave Gallo. It never made sense to me why we didn't pursue him further.

Because he chose Detroit to be featured.  He wouldn't get to do that with Atlanta. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They could not do the deal with just OG. 

image.thumb.png.b7905e7c3b39ae154faad27b630b95d9.png

Look what I did

Replace Waters with Micic since he wasn't listed and I just wanted a placeholder. 

Moose has a team option, we can decline it as does Roby which we likely will keep. 

Williams has a NC, unlikely to be cut. 

Maledon has one year. 

Micic doesn't have financial value yet.

Traded 16 for 30 as well to cover for the cost of Micic, Williams, and Roby. Maledon and Moose have no value. They just throwins I needed to complete the trade. 

Ayton SnT + Saric

Trade JC and CHA 1st to PHX. Keep our own. 

Atlanta would have 

Trae/Micic/Maledon

Kevin/Bogi

Hunter/Kenrich/Roby

Okongwu/Saric

Ayton

Still got 30th overall, 44th. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-6-2022_9-59-30PM.png

Edited by NBASupes

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Look what I did

Replace Waters with Micic since he wasn't listed and I just wanted a placeholder. 

Moose has a team option, we can decline it as does Roby which we likely will keep. 

Maledon has one year. 

Traded 16 for 30 as well to cover for the cost of Micic, Williams, and Roby. Maledon and Moose have no value. They just throwins I needed to complete the trade. 

Ayton SnT + Saric

Atlanta would have 

Trae/Micic/Maledon

Kevin/Bogi

Hunter/Kenrich/Roby

Okongwu/Saric

Ayton

JC is better than any player the Hawks are getting so why do all that when it's not necessary is my question.

Why would you trade away JC when you can have OO backing up Ayton and can play with both Ayton and JC?

You can trade Gallo to Okc for just a draft pick.  OKC is WAY under the cap. No salary needs to be returned when dealing with teams well under the cap and will not go over the cap after trade.

Edited by marco102

17 minutes ago, GameTime said:

He would be featured in Atlanta's offense. Would be the #2 option after everyone is traded.

Are we talking about this year or are we talking about Grant's restricted free agency?

Nathan said we should have gotten hi during restricted free agency and was wanting Grant over Gallo.

Gallo wanted to be here.  Granted wanted to be the number 1 guy on a team.  That's why he left Denver.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Look what I did

Maledon has one year. 

Ayton SnT + Saric

Atlanta would have 

Trae/Micic/Maledon

Kevin/Bogi

Hunter/Kenrich/Roby

Okongwu/Saric

Ayton

Where's Capela? Still on the roster backing up Ayton? :er:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Are we talking about this year or are we talking about Grant's restricted free agency?

Nathan said we should have gotten hi during restricted free agency and was wanting Grant over Gallo.

Gallo wanted to be here.  Granted wanted to be the number 1 guy on a team.  That's why he left Denver.

I  meant unrestricted free agency...lol

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Phoenix can offer him the 'Designated' rookie tag which is 30% max if he reaches the threshold criteria - which they definitely won't.

The Phoenix regular max is 5 years, 25% of the cap with 8% raises each year.

Any other team max is 4 years, 25% of the cap with 5% raises each year.

Right...

I was reading where they said that even if a team offered Ayton the max, Phoenix would gladly match... because it's lower than what they would max him out at (total). 

The question is.. if they did that, would he still be considered a max level (rookie) player...

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, GameTime said:

Just wait on it...  What did I tell you:

Bogi to Detroit, Grant to PTL, Bledsoe, #7 to us...  Just watch...

July 4th may see us with Bledsoe and Simmons as new Hawks?

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Right...

I was reading where they said that even if a team offered Ayton the max, Phoenix would gladly match... because it's lower than what they would max him out at (total). 

The question is.. if they did that, would he still be considered a max level (rookie) player...

First year is the same though and Phx is trying to avoid the tax.

I think you mean designated rookie?  If he hits restricted free agency, I don't think he becomes a designated rookie. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Right...

Regular max from another team, not the 'designated rookie max' since only the Suns can sign him to that deal and keep him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1