• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

So by the time he gets back on the courts he hasn’t played in about 2 years? This dude is toast. 

16 months, right?  He played in June 20th, 2021 in game 7 versus us and then oct 2023 would be start of the new season.  He will definitely have to play himself into shape.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

This would be a dream, but doubt OKC bites.

Only caveat being the big joker** all players carry aka the trade demand.  IIRC, he made some comments about not wanting to share the ball with Giddey or stte.  Of course, that raises other issues w.r.t. sharing with Trae but I imagine a good coach could figure that out.

** I hope I didn't lose folks with the big joker reference.  I can't be the only spades player here.

41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Glad I'm neither :laugh1:

Pick a side.  Makes the tug o' war more competitive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Only caveat being the big joker** all players carry aka the trade demand.  IIRC, he made some comments about not wanting to share the ball with Giddey or stte.  Of course, that raises other issues w.r.t. sharing with Trae but I imagine a good coach could figure that out.

** I hope I didn't lose folks with the big joker reference.  I can't be the only spades player here.

51 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ya initially your guy too. He’s probably my #1 target. Safer bet to all these banged up bigs plus he can handle and take pressure of Trae. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya initially your guy too. He’s probably my #1 target. Safer bet to all these banged up bigs plus he can handle and take pressure of Trae. 

But would it cause an internal tug o' war for the team though?  People will callously say competition makes everyone better, but that's not always true with human beings.  It has a high likelihood of not ending well at all.

We'd likely still have frontcourt issues too considering a guy like Johnson would surely be sent to OKC in a SGA trade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I was looking hard to see who has had this back surgery (In the league). 

First Tiger has had a few of them. 

Amare Stoudemire had one.  - Didn't kill his career, his microfracture surgery did that. 

Mike Dunleavy Jr.  had one - returned in 2 months.

Basically, they said with good PT, a player can come back 75% - 100%...   I like those numbers better than Oladipo's quad rupture. 

The package we would have to send them would have to be something that they could use. 

They won't take JC IMHO.   We won't move CC to them without a Capable C ?

Would they take Kev/Gallo?  It's interesting. 

Why are you trying to ship Kev off and not Bogi.  Bogi's knee injury to me is way more concerning that trying to ship off Kev. 

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But would it cause an internal tug o' war for the team though?  People will callously say competition makes everyone better, but that's not always true with human beings.  It has a high likelihood of not ending well at all.

We'd likely still have frontcourt issues too considering a guy like Johnson would surely be sent to OKC in a SGA trade.

My trade to OKC was Bogi for salary cap matching purposes and OO.  2 fully unprotected draft picks which is crazy in this day and age. 

In my potential off season, we traded Gallo and Capella and two picks to Phx with charolette pick and Atlanta's 22 pick.  Tory Craig also came over to the Hawks for salary matching purposes. 

In that case, our front court - Ayton, Collins and JJ.  I also added Nurkic as our back up center.  That's a stretch.  All of this is a stretch. 

Edited by marco102

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Why are you trying to ship Kev off and not Bogi.  Bogi's knee injury to me is way more concerning that trying to ship off Kev. 

Because Kev isn’t cutting it. Just too scared, I don’t since the Jokic shoulder thing. Not sure. Bogi is the better weapon.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Because Kev isn’t cutting it. Just too scared, I don’t since the Jokic shoulder thing. Not sure. Bogi is the better weapon.

Availability is a better weapon.  

Edit: I actually don't care which one it is, but he always leaves Bogi out.  Both can be considered in most trades. 

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What?  You don't think Schlenk would give Presti his.... oh, now I hear it. :censored:

@kg01 at :53

Just now, marco102 said:

Availability is a better weapon. 

:laugh1: aren’t you the one that wants Ben too? Ya I agree 😂 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Yeah, Ben Simmons with Ayton would cure the biggest issues with the Hawks.   That was before this back news though.  Sometimes you have to gamble to get that other star player. 

I was thinking about SGA, Ayton, and Trae as a more realistic option for a big three.  I mean it's not likely, but I'm saying there's a chance...lmao.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, marco102 said:

I was thinking about SGA, Ayton, and Trae as a more realistic option for a big three. 

That’s a dream scenario! I’ll take it. We get that group together we going to the finals in my opinion. Addresses almost every need.

Man though, the Suns are letting Ayton go instill believe that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

16 months, right?  He played in June 20th, 2021 in game 7 versus us and then oct 2023 would be start of the new season.  He will definitely have to play himself into shape.

physical and MENTAL shape.  earlier report indicated his mental was causing his back pain.  Just too much will he or won't he play and be on the hook for $35, $37 and $40 million.

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Pick a side.  Makes the tug o' war more competitive.

Can't and won't - since I don't want neither 

gif-ron-swanson-shrug.gif

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Salary match.

Bogi + XX is not a great salary match for BKLN.  They are so top heavy that it's hard to find the right pieces.   If we made a move for Ben.. then Both Kev and Bogi will be packed away in trades. 

• Like 1