• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member

Pelicans Not Expected To Offer Fully Guaranteed Five-Year Max To Zion Williamso

While Zion Williamson has gone on record that he is prepared sign an extension with the New Orleans Pelicans this offseason, David Griffin is not necessarily expecting an easy resolution.

“Obviously, that conversation is going to be one that will be a challenge,” Griffin said last Friday. “When it's time to have that, we’ll have it. And right now what we're focused on is him being healthy, and (being in) kind of elite condition to play basketball and we'll start there.”

According to ESPN's Brian Windhorst, the Pelicans are expected to attach some stipulations where they won't offer Williamson a fully guaranteed five-year, $181 million max contract.

"I don't think they're offering a five-year max," said Windhorst. 

"I don't think they're going to want to guarantee the full five years. I think they'll come into it not wanting him to have a player option. In other words, it will be a five-year contract and we'll have protection. And they'll want to haggle over what constitutes the protection."

Windhorst then said he expects the contract talks to be similar to the one Joel Embiid signed in 2017 with the Philadelphia 76ers. Windhorst cautioned that the difference between the two situations is that Embiid was on the same page with the 76ers at the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Sothron said:

This actually could lower his price even more...

I joked previously...

but 

Simmons for JC/Kev should work. 

The questions are numerous.   

• Like 1

@NBASupes, @thecampster, @Sothron any word on what it would take to get SGA from Oklahoma? Presti doesn't need picks unless it is way in the future. I'd literally give them unprotected picks in 24 and 27 for him.

My dream off season is SGA and Ayton.

Starting lineup

1 Young

2 SGA

3 Hunter

4 Collins

5 Ayton

Bench

1 Cooper

2 Wright

3 Huerter

4 Johnson

5 Nurkic ( pipe dream free agent signing with the tax payer mid level exception. His market is worth more than that.  So probably Deing here)

OO had to be shipped to OKC to get SGA with the two unprotected picks.

I'm ready for the flamming...lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, marco102 said:

@NBASupes, @thecampster, @Sothron any word on what it would take to get SGA from Oklahoma? Presti doesn't need picks unless it is way in the future. I'd literally give them unprotected picks in 24 and 27 for him.

My dream off season is SGA and Ayton.

Starting lineup

1 Young

2 SGA

3 Hunter

4 Collins

5 Ayton

Bench

1 Cooper

2 Wright

3 Huerter

4 Johnson

5 Nurkic ( pipe dream free agent signing with the tax payer mid level exception. His market is worth more than that.  So probably Deing here)

OO had to be shipped to OKC to get SGA with the two unprotected picks.

I'm ready for the flamming...lol

This would be a dream, but doubt OKC bites.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, shakes said:

you gotta be very leery and weary when it comes to bringing in a young player who just had a back surgery.   There are few things I am an expert in, but back surgeries are unfortunately one of them.  I've had 8 of them.  Had to retire from ever playing basketball again at age 30 after back surgery #3.   All micro disketomies.

I correctly predicted from day 1 that MPJ would end up having another surgery a few years into his career.

From my experience people who have 1 back surgery can go either one of two ways.  Either they have 1 surgery and then they never have an issue again.  Or they have 1 surgery and then they have later problems taht lead to more surgery or surgeries and eventually they are severely limited physically.      Keep in mind that the game of basketball is probably the single worst sport you can play if you have a lumbar disc issue.  The constant running, jumping, cutting, stopping. starting, body contact....these things are all horrible for your back.

I don't have any stats on this, but I would guess that the chances of Ben Simmons (or any NBA player who has back surgery) has over a 50% chance of eventually needing additional surgery.  Honestly, 50% might be a low estimate.

I was looking hard to see who has had this back surgery (In the league). 

First Tiger has had a few of them. 

Amare Stoudemire had one.  - Didn't kill his career, his microfracture surgery did that. 

Mike Dunleavy Jr.  had one - returned in 2 months.

Basically, they said with good PT, a player can come back 75% - 100%...   I like those numbers better than Oladipo's quad rupture. 

The package we would have to send them would have to be something that they could use. 

They won't take JC IMHO.   We won't move CC to them without a Capable C ?

Would they take Kev/Gallo?  It's interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I was looking hard to see who has had this back surgery (In the league). 

First Tiger has had a few of them. 

Amare Stoudemire had one.  - Didn't kill his career, his microfracture surgery did that. 

Mike Dunleavy Jr.  had one - returned in 2 months.

Basically, they said with good PT, a player can come back 75% - 100%...   I like those numbers better than Oladipo's quad rupture. 

The package we would have to send them would have to be something that they could use. 

They won't take JC IMHO.   We won't move CC to them without a Capable C ?

Would they take Kev/Gallo?  It's interesting. 

Ben is done. No desire to play, now back surgery. He never truly loved the game you could tell. 

• Sad 3