• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So I saw where Stephen A Smith has proposed that the LAL trade LeBron as a way of resetting for the future.  He says they are going no where WITH him and have no ability to get better so they should trade him and get as much as possible.  I can't say I disagree with the logic here as they aren't getting rid of Westbrook (no one wants him) and AD is injured so his return isn't great.  

So here's a wild and crazy idea.  How does this deal look?  

Hawks would have a "core" of:

Trae / Coop

Delon / Huerter

LBJ / JJ

OO / ???

Gobert / ??

Lakers would restart with JC, Bogi, and Bogi plus A TON of picks.  They have to suffer through Westbrook's final 2 years but then could reset with a lot of picks and young players.

Utah wouldn't take a huge step back with Clint, AD, and Hunter replacing Gobert and Bojan.  

Would never happen because it's too big of a deal and teams would be scared, but kinda cool to think about, imo.  Hawks could sell LeBron on the idea of winning a title with a 4th different team.  

Trade Idea 2.jpg

I absolutely hate his guts and how he gets away with charges. 

But it’s Lebron.. and we have Trae. 99% of people wouldn’t say no to that and if you’re thinkin .. “oh I would”.. BULL$HIT! :laugh1:

I’m not telling you what I’d do… I could be the 99% or the 1%..

image.gif.2b66e04ae4c001f64523d3f17fe86a58.gif

• Haha 3

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I absolutely hate his guts and how he gets away with charges. 

But it’s Lebron.. and we have Trae. 99% of people wouldn’t say no to that and if you’re thinkin .. “oh I would”.. BULL$HIT! :laugh1:

I’m not telling you what I’d do… I could be the 99% or the 1%..

image.gif.2b66e04ae4c001f64523d3f17fe86a58.gif

LOL

A few comments:

• I've always disliked LBJ because of the constant complaining about fouls 
  • Also, I grew up believing Jordan was the best of all time and LBJ threatened that belief
  • He's still - at minimum - one the 2 best players on the planet
  • This would 100% be a "win one or 2 titles in the next 2 years" move, but at worst, it would leave the Hawks with a Trae / Kevin / OO / Gobert core long term which I think is a great "Floor" for a team
  • You ain't foolin anyone.....we KNOW you a 99% guy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

LOL

A few comments:

• Also, I grew up believing Jordan was the best of all time and LBJ threatened that belief
  • This would 100% be a "win one or 2 titles in the next 2 years" move, but at worst, it would leave the Hawks with a Trae / Kevin / OO / Gobert core long term which I think is a great "Floor" for a team

image.gif.b086cf80d441a94e10fcfd3d022d2bd9.gif

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, shakes said:

I know MPJ and Scottie Pippen both had multiple.  Scottie was lucky that his were later in his career.

Dunleavy was not out 2 months.  he was out 6 months.  And then he only played one more season.  Not a good example of a success story.

You sure Stoudemire had back surgery?  Couldn't find anything saying he had the surgery.

Tiger is in the same boat as me, he's screwed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/mri-reveals-bulging-disk-for-knicks-amare-stoudemire-out-indefinitely/

https://www.adventhealth.com/practices/adventhealth-medical-group-spine-health/blog/chicago-bulls-player-mike-dunleavy-latest-top-athlete-undergo-lumbar-microdiscectomy

Good News on your boy!

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

don't understand the point of any of those links???

First link doesn't say anywhere that Amare had back surgery.

Second link doesn't say anything about Dunleavy coming back in 2 months.  It says he might come back in 2 months, but as we know now it ended up being 6 months and then he only made it through one more season after that.

Final link is a total space waster.  Says that Ben had successful microdisketomy surgery.  That doesn't mean anything.  You know who else had successful microdisketomy surgery?  MPJ.   I myself have had 8 successful microdisketomy surgeries.

having a successful microdisketomy surgery has no bearing on any subsequent back/disc issues you may develop at that same exact level.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

LOL

A few comments:

I would.  Lebron is a locker room killer.  Also, I don't want our team to suddenly be in the media because of Lebron -- everything becomes about him and it's a blackhole.  Also, he's not a winner anymore, he's just chasing all-time stats.  Lastly, if we win a chip, I don't want it to be a Lebron mercenary chip -- I don't value a championship so much that I want him on the team to get it.  It would just be bittersweet and feel empty -- can't explain why but I feel pretty strong about that.  I'd much rather continue developing, make some trades, watch the team grow and improve, etc.  The longer I'm a fan, the less I care about winning a title anyways, and the more I just try to enjoy each game and root for the players themselves to be successful.

• Like 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/exploring-the-trade-market-for-utah-jazz-stars-donovan-mitchell-and-rudy-gobert-185435614.html

"

The Rudy Gobert trade market

Atlanta Hawks

Trade offer: Clint Capela, Kevin Huerter and a first-round draft pick

• Jazz rationale: The downgrade from Gobert to Capela is worth acquiring Huerter — a worthy Joe Ingles replacement with a higher ceiling — and another first-round pick to go hunting for additional upgrades.

Hawks rationale: Trae Young needs as much defensive help as he can get."

As I've said numerous times, Huerter is highly valued around the league. He is our most valuable 2nd piece to a trade. Other teams love him. His extension last year could be our savior in building a real contender.

Others mentioned:

Dallas Mavericks

Detroit Pistons

Golden State Warriors

Los Angeles Clippers

Memphis Grizzlies

Portland Trail Blazers

Washington Wizards

"

The Donovan Mitchell trade market

Hawks not mentioned.  Teams mentioned

Boston Celtics

Indiana Pacers

Miami Heat

New Orleans Pelicans.

New York Knicks

San Antonio Spurs

Sacramento Kings

Again, you can read the article here:  https://sports.yahoo.com/exploring-the-trade-market-for-utah-jazz-stars-donovan-mitchell-and-rudy-gobert-185435614.html

From the article:

"Ben Rohrbach is a staff writer for Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at rohrbach_ben@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter! Follow @brohrbach"

I'm highlighting this part because I want to explain why I'm accepting this article at face value. There are different types of writers out there, most have an agenda. This guy is not a specific team focused guy but an ear to the ground type of a writer. His reputation matters so he doesn't just put junk out there for clicks.  I stated before that writers talk to sources no different than a board insider might talk to, they just are under release dates which some times slow the flow of news. In Ben's case, he's a broad reach writer so he'll hold things until he has enough to publish.  As you can see, his trade proposal her is exactly what the ears to the ground here heard, Gobert, for Capela, 1 player, 1 pick. In this case he used Huerter and if so, there is a reason. He either never got the details and picked one or he got details / leaks up front of what it would take to get a certain player from the org with the wanted player (Utah). IMHO, this was leaked from inside Utah to gauge fan interest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FYI with salaries going up and the player pool "meh", 16 has less value this year than in previous years. The salary for #16 is about the same as a 10 year vet minimum which for a contender is a much better spend.  So there's limited market for it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thecampster said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/exploring-the-trade-market-for-utah-jazz-stars-donovan-mitchell-and-rudy-gobert-185435614.html

"

The Rudy Gobert trade market

Atlanta Hawks

Trade offer: Clint Capela, Kevin Huerter and a first-round draft pick

• Jazz rationale: The downgrade from Gobert to Capela is worth acquiring Huerter — a worthy Joe Ingles replacement with a higher ceiling — and another first-round pick to go hunting for additional upgrades.

Hawks rationale: Trae Young needs as much defensive help as he can get."

As I've said numerous times, Huerter is highly valued around the league. He is our most valuable 2nd piece to a trade. Other teams love him. His extension last year could be our savior in building a real contender.

Others mentioned:

Dallas Mavericks

Detroit Pistons

Golden State Warriors

Los Angeles Clippers

Memphis Grizzlies

Portland Trail Blazers

Washington Wizards

"

The Donovan Mitchell trade market

Hawks not mentioned.  Teams mentioned

Boston Celtics

Indiana Pacers

Miami Heat

New Orleans Pelicans.

New York Knicks

San Antonio Spurs

Sacramento Kings

Again, you can read the article here:  https://sports.yahoo.com/exploring-the-trade-market-for-utah-jazz-stars-donovan-mitchell-and-rudy-gobert-185435614.html

From the article:

"Ben Rohrbach is a staff writer for Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at rohrbach_ben@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter! Follow @brohrbach"

I'm highlighting this part because I want to explain why I'm accepting this article at face value. There are different types of writers out there, most have an agenda. This guy is not a specific team focused guy but an ear to the ground type of a writer. His reputation matters so he doesn't just put junk out there for clicks.  I stated before that writers talk to sources no different than a board insider might talk to, they just are under release dates which some times slow the flow of news. In Ben's case, he's a broad reach writer so he'll hold things until he has enough to publish.  As you can see, his trade proposal her is exactly what the ears to the ground here heard, Gobert, for Capela, 1 player, 1 pick. In this case he used Huerter and if so, there is a reason. He either never got the details and picked one or he got details / leaks up front of what it would take to get a certain player from the org with the wanted player (Utah). IMHO, this was leaked from inside Utah to gauge fan interest.

Damn I would rather trade away Bogi but it makes more sense they’d want Huerter.

I would do the trade regardless. Bogi would be my new permanent 6th man cause him and Trae can’t start together even if people do think Gobert is a massive upgrade to capela. 

my thoughts would be how does Bogi feel when he’s still coming off the bench and would a Huerter trade make Bogi believe he’s the sure starter at the 2? 

On 4/27/2022 at 7:36 AM, thecampster said:

Collins – Management loves John the person. Management also thinks John is a better fit next to a dominant center or elsewhere. John is not strong enough, big enough and is hurt too much to put next to Trae and Clint. They know his athleticism will fade.

RANDOM THOUGHT….with Goberts name resurfacing and Atlanta being attached in those rumors.

I do think Rudy Gobert is certainly intriguing no matter what hate some fans throw towards him. Many (not just this board) believe that the jazz perimeter players are squares defensively and for the jazz to still finish #10 defensively this season is very impressive (ironically opposite of Trae)… much credit should go primarily to Gobert and  should mean some great hope for the hawks to turn things around defensively based on this without having to get all elite defenders! Lol

However the biggest question for me that’s tough to answer (not looking for an answer from anyone…just stating my thoughts) but regarding any Gobert trade to Atlanta that keeps Collins a hawk, how much does Gobert really improve John Collins?…defensively it’s easy to see that Gobert will help many on that end be better off but I’d be interested to know how the Front Office believes how or IF Gobert will improve Collins offense????

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 4/27/2022 at 7:36 AM, thecampster said:

If you see the Hawks make a move for either Ayton, Gobert (or even A.Davis),

If Management trades for Ben Simmons, Beal, Gobert, Zion or especially A. Davis, this team will not be a contender for a long time.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I disagree with Gobert and Zion. The rest I agree.

This love affair with Zion is puzzling to me.  This guy is a 1 trick pony and is one of the worse defenders in the league when healthy.  And on top of that, dude is never in shape or healthy and you want this problem child on the the Hawks??  Maybe posters just want to be entertained but you definitely won't win any championships with this fraud.

• Premium Member

Hey Jefferson.. Hey Shakes..

Don't look now but Embiid played tonight and the 76ers won by 20...

I guess Miami's defense is predicated on if there's a big man injured. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JTB said:

RANDOM THOUGHT….with Goberts name resurfacing and Atlanta being attached in those rumors.

I do think Rudy Gobert is certainly intriguing no matter what hate some fans throw towards him. Many (not just this board) believe that the jazz perimeter players are squares defensively and for the jazz to still finish #10 defensively this season is very impressive (ironically opposite of Trae)… much credit should go primarily to Gobert and  should mean some great hope for the hawks to turn things around defensively based on this without having to get all elite defenders! Lol

However the biggest question for me that’s tough to answer (not looking for an answer from anyone…just stating my thoughts) but regarding any Gobert trade to Atlanta that keeps Collins a hawk, how much does Gobert really improve John Collins?…defensively it’s easy to see that Gobert will help many on that end be better off but I’d be interested to know how the Front Office believes how or IF Gobert will improve Collins offense????

My lord will you stop trying to get rid of JC?...unless it's for a clear upgrade offensively AND defensively.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3