• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

I’m gonna break some bad news here.

Chances of us getting:

Ayton 1.1%

Gobert 5-10%

Neither are likely going to happen.

The discussion is interesting but it won’t happen. Neither scenario.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You and AHF get a room called the goody 2 shoes 👞 room. Conley blows broh.

Died in a way yes, then again he’s always been the non all star ⭐️ walking dead man.

I know, I know.  Gobert is the only “star” that no other star respects because his individual ability has been lessened by his surrounding cast.  It’s usually always been the opposite but in this case it’s special. 

• Thanks 2

GS does makes sense for Gobert, they still believe they have a championship core and can add him as a long lost Bogut replacement.  Wiseman and Kuminga aren’t on their big 3’s timeline and offer enough excitement to a Utah rebuild.

27 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

It’s usually always been the opposite but in this case it’s special. 

3 time DPOY, I’d say it’s special. 3 of the last 4 years mind you. He’s white hot. I’ll take the Eiffel Tower here in Atlanta.

• Like 1

Both Windhorst and MacMahon indicated that it’s more likely Gobert will be traded instead of Mitchell if Utah decides to split them up. There’s a belief that the Jazz want to hold onto Mitchell and rebuild the roster around him.

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

3 time DPOY, I’d say it’s special. 3 of the last 4 years mind you. He’s white hot. I’ll take the Eiffel Tower here in Atlanta.

The media awards are cute but probably served a detriment in getting Gobert to the “overpaid” status.

I’m going by how past stars like Shaq say things like “he’s the DPOY…I guess because he gets blocks” and him consistently being amongst the last picks in the All Star drafts.  I mean, his own teammate doesn’t respect him and Mitchell ain’t exactly a star.  Didn’t exactly assert himself over the French national team either and now there are reports that Embiid is coming over? Yikes

37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Both Windhorst and MacMahon indicated that it’s more likely Gobert will be traded instead of Mitchell if Utah decides to split them up. There’s a belief that the Jazz want to hold onto Mitchell and rebuild the roster around him.

Okay then if Gobert and Ayton does not come here, so how can this team get fixed or pray that we caught lighting in the bottle again.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Okay then if Gobert and Ayton does not come here, so how can this team get fixed or pray that we caught lighting in the bottle again.

Really just getting healthy will go along way with this team. If no trades are made we need to add some defenders to this team. Also someone who can get their own shot.

• Like 1

Just now, marco102 said:

Really just getting healthy will go along way with this team. If no trades are made we need to add some defenders to this team. Also someone who can get their own shot.

Easier say than done.  We got the talent now; can we consolidate that talent to bring in some real help for this team.  I know that if this team was healthy can make a lot of difference, but Miami would have beat us at full strength anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Easier say than done.  We got the talent now; can we consolidate that talent to bring in some real help for this team.  I know that if this team was healthy can make a lot of difference, but Miami would have beat us at full strength anyway.

**Sorry, try to edit but ran out of time**

Right now, if continue this cut around the edges with this roster, this team will become a treadmill team that is good enough to get to the play-in/playoff but not good enough to get to ECF/Finals.  East has been improving and it is going to continue to improve and now since teams knows about the blueprint of how to stop Trae.  Can anybody in here, name one player that is going to step up when Trae is locked down or having a bad shooting night?  I would love to see how this team would be in the playoffs at full power, but we would still be stomped by the Heat.

Changes has to happened or we going to be a treadmill team again and Trae eyes will start wondering to other teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Chances of us getting:

Ayton 1.1%

Gobert 5-10%

ruby-rhod-bzzz.gif

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Chances of us getting:

Ayton 1.1%

Gobert 5-10%

I think that is the fear among us Hawks fans. It makes total sense that the front office would want to upgrade at PF or Center because Trae plays off of bigs or works with bigs the best so of course upgrading collins or capela for a star big man would be the goal this off season!

…but what if we can’t land Ayton, Gobert, AD, or Simmons.

What’s the plan now?….

knowing what we know as fans there are issues adding stars like Beal with Trae even if it were possible. With Beal we could possibly be even worse on defense so there’s some things out there in terms of “adding a star” that just doesn’t make sense in terms of actual improvement.

This is one of the reasons I say “sell the house” for Ayton. If I were Schlenk I’d do all I can to get Ayton paired with Trae even if it means depleting my team. Get back expiring contracts and Take the upcoming season to develop some great team chemistry then 2023 off season fill out the roster with solid players who fit.

IF all else fails I’d push my luck to get Siakam. Siakam is better than Collins overall. I’d give the raptors Collins and Bogi for Siakam. Then make a trade for Brogdon.

we don’t have a lot of options honestly. This off season can easily be a failed attempt so I hope there’s plenty of Plan A, B, C and so on options.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, MaceCase said:

The media awards are cute but probably served a detriment in getting Gobert to the “overpaid” status.

I’m going by how past stars like Shaq say things like “he’s the DPOY…I guess because he gets blocks” and him consistently being amongst the last picks in the All Star drafts.  I mean, his own teammate doesn’t respect him and Mitchell ain’t exactly a star.  Didn’t exactly assert himself over the French national team either and now there are reports that Embiid is coming over? Yikes

He's no Draymond Green.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NekiEcko said:

Can anybody in here, name one player that is going to step up when Trae is locked down or having a bad shooting night?  I would love to see how this team would be in the playoffs at full power, but we would still be stomped by the Heat.

Changes has to happened or we going to be a treadmill team again and Trae eyes will start wondering to other teams.

At Full power?  You mean with Clint/JC/Lou all healthy?  Nah.. That series goes 7 and we may win.   If you don't have to worry about the PNR and the Lob.. it's very easy to focus that hard on Trae. 

You may have seen this a few times, but I want you to watch it again closely.

Last year, Philly played a similar defense that Miami used.  Notice the double pick and roll.  Clint setting the good pick after JC's first pick.. and then JC rolls to the basket.   WIth no Clint and a Banged up JC.. there's none of that.   JC is not a good pick setter and Clint when he did come back could barely jump..  so PNR and Lob game gone.   And JC wasn't just a fluke play...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

Wstching Ayton cook the Mavs and Phx would be silly to not give him.the max.

I was just thinking the same thing . It’s not like CP3 is playing another 10 years. PHX would be silly to not give Ayton the max and just pay the crazy luxury tax bill for a few seasons. They really do have a championship roster as it is. I’d be in complete shock if they decided not to keep Ayton!…he is just too good.

I fully expect them to get back to the WCF. That should be enough to want to keep this team around.

NEW THOUGHTS 

Ayton resigning in PHX and Warriors after Gobert seems like two legit REALISTIC  possibilities that has a high chance at happening this summer.

LOW CHANCES

I am not an insider and I have no resources but I don’t like the hawks chances for either Ayton or Gobert now if we are being realistic. I hate to admit it cause I want the kid so bad but PHX would really have to be foolish to not give Ayton the max. If there’s ever a time to pay Luxury tax this is the time for PHX.

Im good with getting Gobert here but I can see Gobert telling his agent to push for a Warriors trade. Let’s face it ….Gobert and Draymond surrounded by Curry, Poole, Klay???….yeah that’s a championship move for the Warriors. Pooles emergence has made Wiggins expendable! We are talking top elite offense and defense with that lineup. I can see it happening fairly easily. Ainge would be intrigued to get Wiggins next to Mitchell and a developing big in Wiseman during their rebuild around Mitchell. Again it’s too easy and makes too much sense over us.

SHIFT FOCUS

I hope this post can retire the Ayton and Gobert conversations at least for now. Of course what I stated above isn’t set in stone but Im sure some of you can see the same writing on the wall as me. It’s not really rocket science if the warriors are involved to go after Gobert we need to move to the next plan. If Ayton and the Suns get back to the WCF we need to assume he’s resigning at a 98% chance …..:I’d like to move forward with other scenarios that could potentially improve our team.

I think it’s time to shift focus on a different realistic potential trade. I like the idea of going after Siakam whom I believe is better overall then JC but the trade would need to make sense. Plus  I’m down for a Hunter, Siakam, & Capela from court.

• Like 1