• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Moderators
Just now, Sothron said:

CC is not the only piece we would move for Ayton but he would be the principal player involved on our end.

What type of deal are you envisioning?  If he is signed to a max deal and traded to us, that puts his salary next year at $29.5M.  Cap is $18.2M so we would need to put in roughly another $10M of salary to make that match up along with whatever picks, etc. you see including.  (Unless you foresee Ayton signing for something other than a max deal).  Trying to see where you see the cost on a deal for Ayton versus one for Gobert.  (I am picturing Gobert requiring fewer value assets to acquire).

25 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If Gobert is a no-go, I think I'd want to ship out Bogi/Delon Wright for Simmons and Capela/Gallo/picks for Ayton.  Draft capital attached where necessary.  I think this lineup can contend for a chip

• Trae 
  • Simmons
  • Hunter
  • JC
  • Ayton

That's my ideal line up I suggested too.  That's championship winning lineup if you get a mentally and physically healthy Ben Simmons.  If the Nets are trading him for that though, he may not be either.  However, Klutch may want to pair him with Trae so who knows. 

47 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If Gobert is a no-go, I think I'd want to ship out Bogi/Delon Wright for Simmons and Capela/Gallo/picks for Ayton.  Draft capital attached where necessary.  I think this lineup can contend for a chip

Delon is UFA and if he's signed and traded, he cannot be combined with additional assets. 

Swap him out for Huerter and we in bidniz

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

What type of deal are you envisioning?  If he is signed to a max deal and traded to us, that puts his salary next year at $29.5M.  Cap is $18.2M so we would need to put in roughly another $10M of salary to make that match up along with whatever picks, etc. you see including.  (Unless you foresee Ayton signing for something other than a max deal).  Trying to see where you see the cost on a deal for Ayton versus one for Gobert.  (I am picturing Gobert requiring fewer value assets to acquire).

When you say value assets, are you talking about draft picks?  Or high valued players?  

Gobert is at $38M so we're talking about Clint ($20M) + Bogi ($18M) or Clint ($20M) + Kevin ($14M) + OO ($6M) for Gobert and another player

Ayton at Max would be $30.5M (I think) so that's more like Clint ($20M) + Kevin ($14M) 

I would think a pick would be included with either one.  But I'm just asking cuz I don't see how the $38M player is going to cost less to acquire than the $30M player (or maybe less?).  

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, warcore said:

Delon is UFA and if he's signed and traded, he cannot be combined with additional assets. 

Swap him out for Huerter and we in bidniz

Thanks, forgot about that.  Swapping him out with Heurter might be better anyways... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Guess you guys forgot how much it pissed off his teammates because he apparently did the same thing touching all their stuff in the locker-room.  When asked about Gobert's apology for being "reckless" in an interview, Mitchell said on national TV that he was pissed:

Doesn't seem to have a good sense of how to communicate with his most important teammate.  Stupid stuff pissing off Mitchell in March of 2020 and stupid comment(s) that foreseeably pissed off Mitchell in May of 2022.

I’ll address this in 2 ways.

1. Valid factual points in an objective view.

2. Mitch a lil bitch doh, weak a$$ hero baller needs to get over his emo self. :batman:

:indifferent:

ps @AHF compare Gobert to Simmons… to Zion.. Gobert has 1/2 strike against him in my eyes while the other two like 10 strikes. 

pps Having said that, I still want Zion but never want Ben.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Bogi/Delon Wright for Simmons

Please don’t. This dude has given up on every team he’s been on. How many excuses? How many strikes? Limited at LSU, in Philly, can’t shoot.

All of a sudden he comes here and everything is fixed @JeffS17? Really? :aaa:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Please don’t. This dude has given up on every team he’s been on. How many excuses? How many strikes? Limited at LSU, in Philly, can’t shoot.

Can't win a chip without taking risks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Capela for Ayton

This is fantasy land. I know I like to dream to. Ayton is going back to Phoenix. If he doesn’t I’ll change my name to squd for a week. @kg01 though has to streak in the sac if he goes. 🤝 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Guess you guys forgot how much it pissed off his teammates because he apparently did the same thing touching all their stuff in the locker-room.  When asked about Gobert's apology for being "reckless" in an interview, Mitchell said on national TV that he was pissed:

Doesn't seem to have a good sense of how to communicate with his most important teammate.  Stupid stuff pissing off Mitchell in March of 2020 and stupid comment(s) that foreseeably pissed off Mitchell in May of 2022.

yes I remember it all too well, but in retrospect it was a bunch of nonsense.    If anything, Rudy probably saved lives by doing what he did and being the first person to draw national attention to COVID and accelerating the time frame for the first shut down.  

And as we all know now, no one got COVID from touching stuff.   

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Sad/true.  But reminds me of this one chick who I knew was bad news.  I mean like got into fights with dudes, bad attitude, just a real trouble maker.  But she was about a 45 on a scale of 1 to 10.  Just gorgeous on top o' fine so she always had ... options, shall we say.

I won't say if kg ever went there.  Statue of limitations and plausible deniability and whatnot. 🤠

Anyway, on another note, somebody tell me how we can get our hands on Lu Dort.

• Haha 2

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Can't win a chip without taking risks

Risks? Ok, you ever been to Vegas. You can take calculated risks or just …

HISTORY TENDS TO REPEAT ITSELF. Fool me once (LSU) Fool me twice (can’t shoot) three times (doesn’t work on getting better at shooting) fool me four times (scared to dunk in against Trae) fool me five times (I’m practicing on the court.. oh wait I’m not playing though) fool me six times..

@JeffS17 you’re better than this. I’m gonna chalk this up to a late night.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Gobert doesn't want to play with Mitchell because of Mitchell's matador defense, but you guys think he's gonna be happy with Trae and our guards?    Our next season uniform should incorporate a red cape we have so many matadors on this team.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This is fantasy land. I know I like to dream to. Ayton is going back to Phoenix. If he doesn’t I’ll change my name to squd for a week. @kg01 though has to streak in the sac if he goes. 🤝 

In fairness to @Sothron, due to our years of mutual disdain respect, I think all he's saying is Capela would be in any potential Ayton deal.  The overall package would include a bunch that could entice the Suns.

I'm dubious on the whole thing because I imagine PHX would get much better offers.  That said, I also can't imagine them paying the money it'd take to keep him unless Ayton just decides to go cheap-ola on himself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, shakes said:

Gobert doesn't want to play with Mitchell because of Mitchell's matador defense, but you guys think he's gonna be happy with Trae and our guards?    Our next season uniform should incorporate a red cape we have so many matadors on this team.

On a positive note though, it'd help us do wonders against the Bulls.

I said the 'Bulls'.  Get it?  Matadors.  Huh? 

..... I'm here all week, folks.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Sad/true.  But reminds me of this one chick who I knew was bad news.  I mean like got into fights with dudes, bad attitude, just a real trouble maker.  But she was about a 45 on a scale of 1 to 10.  Just gorgeous on top o' fine so she always had ... options, shall we say.

I won't say if kg ever went there.  Statue of limitations and plausible deniability and whatnot. 🤠

Anyway, on another note, somebody tell me how we can get our hands on Lu Dort.

45 huh 🤔 

image.gif.9f6df4b4c573244c4f82e11e76b92c4a.gif

2 minutes ago, shakes said:

Gobert doesn't want to play with Mitchell because of Mitchell's matador defense, but you guys think he's gonna be happy with Trae and our guards? 

But he’s gonna get fed so much more on offense from Trae than Mitchell wanting Gobert to just go away and go one on one because dude can’t create for others.

Trae unlocks Gobert. 

The $ thing stinks tho.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

The Suns will be in the Luxury tax for two seasons. If the owner doesn't see them as a true championship contender, he won't give Ayton the max.

I think he will if they go far.

So what you're saying is we have to pull for Luka to wreck PHX this series? 

MatureSecretClam-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That said, I also can't imagine them paying the money it'd take to keep him unless Ayton just decides to go cheap-ola on himself.

They would rerun Sarcee outta town. He’s paying for a team that went to the finals. The Suns haven’t been this good since 2006 or so. The villagers will come after him if Ayton leaves.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

But he’s gonna get fed so much more on offense from Trae than Mitchell wanting Gobert to just go away and go one on one because dude can’t create for others.

Trae unlocks Gobert. 

The $ thing stinks tho.

that's a good point.   A lot easier to overlook a guy's defensive issues when he's spoonfeeding you dunks all game.

• Like 2