• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Could probably get Collin Sexton for cheaper.

Cue @Spud2nique to bring up how certain folks wanted Sexton in that draft.  Who, me?  No, of course I was all Trae all the time.

Why're you lookin' at me like that?

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e471ry5xw2lr1bezqg62

So far today @Diesel had the best trade of shipping JC and Bogi (I don’t want Bogi gone but whatever) in a 3 way where Sac gets Ant 🐜 fro LA and we get Boner Sabonis and Harrison Barnes (don’t really love the Barnes part).

I’m warming up to @Sothron with Ayton. And a bit with @NBASupes with Gobert.

No Ben

No Spida

No Beal

For now… until other teams start getting eliminated.

ps I don’t know who wanted Sexton but I heard he’s handsome man 👨-Gonzo :laugh1:

Suuuuuuuurrrrrrpriiiiissse. @kg01 like :fie:

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Mitchell is the same height as Trae. Seriously, go look it up. The difference is Mitchell has longer arms and is stronger. He could be slightly better on defense but not much more. He's not a good defender and never really has been.

He has waaaay longer arms..And waaaay more athletic.. But yeah he's only 6'1.. That's a tiny backcourt..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So far today @Diesel had the best trade of shipping JC and Bogi (I don’t want Bogi gone but whatever) in a 3 way where Sac gets Ant 🐜 fro LA and we get Boner Sabonis and Harrison Barnes (don’t really love the Barnes part).

No Ben

No Spida

No Beal

ps I don’t know who wanted Sexton but I heard he’s handsome man 👨-Gonzo :laugh1:

At least we know Sexton will try hard on defense.. Defense is optional with Mitchell and Beal.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

No Ben

No Spida

No Beal

Boner and Sexton never thought I would see these two words used outside of.......well nevermind 😂😂

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, shakes said:

Did you not see what a disaster this team has become with it's swiss cheese perimeter defense?   We need to clean house and get rid of every bad defender we have and replace them with good defenders.    Getting Mitchell would be the polar opposite of that,

I saw all of it. I saw Miami focus in on Trae because we have no one else that can make plays for others and we couldn't put the ball in the hoop because of it. If we're not making buckets, we're not setting up our defense. People often forget how offense and defense can be related. Success of one can provide success of the other and vice versa.

This is why I mentioned getting a defensive 4 if we go this route. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, warcore said:

I saw all of it. I saw Miami focus in on Trae because we have no one else that can make plays for others and we couldn't put the ball in the hoop because of it. If we're not making buckets, we're not setting up our defense. People often forget how offense and defense can be related. Success of one can provide success of the other and vice versa.

This is why I mentioned getting a defensive 4 if we go this route. 

We definitely need someone who can create offense, but not at the expense of our horrific perimeter defense.  If we have to choose between the two I’m going with upgrading the defense.

• Premium Member

Clint has met 2 of 3 of his contract incentives:

31.9 Defensive % Rebounding rate and 2042 minutes played. He fell waaaaay short on the 3rd with 47.3% from the free throw line (worst since his second season).

• Clint Capela: He makes an extra $500,000 for finishing with a 30 percent defensive rebounding rate, $500,000 for playing at least 2,000 minutes and $500,000 for shooting at least 65 percent from the free-throw line, according to 
  • Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Clint has met 2 of 3 of his contract incentives:

31.9 Defensive % Rebounding rate and 2042 minutes played. He fell waaaaay short on the 3rd with 47.3% from the free throw line (worst since his second season).

• Clint Capela: He makes an extra $500,000 for finishing with a 30 percent defensive rebounding rate, $500,000 for playing at least 2,000 minutes and $500,000 for shooting at least 65 percent from the free-throw line, according to 

Does that affect salary for future years?  

Spida?
I like the idea of adding Mitchell or Beal type even knowing they’d both be bad defensively I’d look for defensive 4 if the hawks choose to go this route.

Gobert?

I also like adding Gobert but he doesn’t fix the offense problem of not having another go to scorer and he may only improve the defense a little compared to Capela if we don’t have the right perimeter defenders.

AD or Simmons?

I like the idea of a healthy AD or Ben Simmons and I KNOW both players are extremely talented and would bring a lot to our ATL hawks….however I’d personally be too scared to make that trade if I’m Schlenk. One has extremely bad health issues and the other one though he has health issues his mental is breaking him in an extremely bad way.

…..so who’s left ????

The perfect fit?

Mr. Ayton that’s who!

…..yes he’s honestly the perfect fit of all the names that’s been mentioned. He’s not injury prone. He’s a two way player. He has massive all star potential!…he’s an upgrade at center and the best of all a perfect fit with our star Trae Young…..I would personally trade the house to get Ayton here with Trae! Im serious when I say “house”….I’d give the Suns a massive trade! Hunter, collins , Bogi, Kev, Capela,…need some draft picks too ?…go ahead and take them …give us some sun fillers in return…just let me get my two franchise building blocks…I would then have my two all stars with superstar upside in place and take a losing season that’s meant for team chemistry building …then the next off season I’d start filling in the role playing gaps 2-4 on starters and of course the bench….it would be a hell of a gamble but worth it to me. I consider it a “For sure soft rebuild”…with for sure meaning I know this is going to work! I really believe Ayton is worth a massive trade and perhaps I’m foolish for that but it’s just my thoughts.

One of the hardest things is going to be getting another star here next to Trae. It’s going to be tough. I think schlenk is going to have to do something massive to get one here and a soft rebuild may be a requirement to do it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Ahh, so it was already considered a likely incentive? I know once you achieve an unlikely incentive, it effects the cap the next season.  

Like when the Hawks made the ECF last year, his ECF bonus was considered likely and hit the cap.  Whereas, in the previous season, that bonus was considered unlikely and didn't effect the cap. 

Man, I wish I could get "banging Angelina Jolie" as a likely earned incentive next year. Because you know what that would mean? 

:married:.        😜

On 4/29/2022 at 6:01 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

With this playoff shot chart, we need another guy that can break down defenses/secondary creator that's not afraid to attack the paint.

Rudy is a great defender, I just don't think he's worth twice as much as Clint and unless we fix our perimter defense he'd be no more effective here than he was in Utah.

Yall delusional. 

13 hours ago, JTB said:

Spida?
I like the idea of adding Mitchell or Beal type even knowing they’d both be bad defensively I’d look for defensive 4 if the hawks choose to go this route.

Gobert?

I also like adding Gobert but he doesn’t fix the offense problem of not having another go to scorer and he may only improve the defense a little compared to Capela if we don’t have the right perimeter defenders.

AD or Simmons?

I like the idea of a healthy AD or Ben Simmons and I KNOW both players are extremely talented and would bring a lot to our ATL hawks….however I’d personally be too scared to make that trade if I’m Schlenk. One has extremely bad health issues and the other one though he has health issues his mental is breaking him in an extremely bad way.

…..so who’s left ????

The perfect fit?

Mr. Ayton that’s who!

…..yes he’s honestly the perfect fit of all the names that’s been mentioned. He’s not injury prone. He’s a two way player. He has massive all star potential!…he’s an upgrade at center and the best of all a perfect fit with our star Trae Young…..I would personally trade the house to get Ayton here with Trae! Im serious when I say “house”….I’d give the Suns a massive trade! Hunter, collins , Bogi, Kev, Capela,…need some draft picks too ?…go ahead and take them …give us some sun fillers in return…just let me get my two franchise building blocks…I would then have my two all stars with superstar upside in place and take a losing season that’s meant for team chemistry building …then the next off season I’d start filling in the role playing gaps 2-4 on starters and of course the bench….it would be a hell of a gamble but worth it to me. I consider it a “For sure soft rebuild”…with for sure meaning I know this is going to work! I really believe Ayton is worth a massive trade and perhaps I’m foolish for that but it’s just my thoughts.

One of the hardest things is going to be getting another star here next to Trae. It’s going to be tough. I think schlenk is going to have to do something massive to get one here and a soft rebuild may be a requirement to do it.

No, simply no. So much awful in this. Y'all really delusional.