• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

Just wondering.  As we discuss who will go and who will remain and who will be a Hawk next season, I must ask what each of you think - - What about Jalen Johnson?  His G League coaches talked about how much he grew while with them.  They compared him to a young King James!

Yet, with all their praise, Nate refused to give him any meaningful minutes.  We all know that there is quiet a difference between the G League and the NBA.  Yet, I believe that it is better than the average college player.  If he impressed his team and coaches this much, why couldn't he crack the rotation of Nate?

Will the Hawks throw him away for some other NBA team's veteran reject?  Was this another wasted draft pick?  Or, is he really almost as good as his G League coaches and team believe?  Is it true that he just doesn't fit with anything that Nate believes an NBA player ought to be?

Please share your thoughts.  Thanks!

😎

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Its important for attribution and legal compliance when quoting. 

Plus the guy makes a living writing that stuff. Its only right to share the link to give him a chance to make a dollar or two.

F the Athletic, they don't deserve a dime.  Hope everyone who works there starves.

1 minute ago, shakes said:

F the Athletic, they don't deserve a dime.  Hope everyone who works there starves.

I'm sure that makes you feel good to say but ask any of the multitude of lawyers on this site....we want to give people their due when quoting.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, thecampster said:

I'm sure that makes you feel good to say but ask any of the multitude of lawyers on this site....we want to give people their due when quoting.

I just asked myself and my response was F THE ATHLETIC!!!!

Also you owe me $400.

25 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I believe he calls it "research". Plus he does give attribution "according to sources close to the organization".  I mean, whose closer to the Hawks than the Squawk???

Kirschner pulled his articles from Squawk? 

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Its important for attribution and legal compliance when quoting. 

Plus the guy makes a living writing that stuff. Its only right to share the link to give him a chance to make a dollar or two.

I get it i do I'm in this biz, but How many times y'all gonna share the same shit 

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Kirschner pulled his articles from Squawk? 

No! He didn't and insinuations before about this were just jokes, not real accusations.

The information we shared yesterday was part of conversations between @NBASupes, @Sothron and myself in April.  See a redacted copy below.

image.thumb.png.ecc68d76ae07ba2488e148535106b388.png

Kirschner's Article came out yesterday not long after we I posted with their approval thoughts from our conversations and source sharing.  An article like he wrote would typically take 2-3 days to put together.  Also why the previous article by Pat Benson was also likely not influenced by what we said (though we joked about it).  These guys really do work hard and the reality is similarity in what they say and what some on this board might say is because 1) we are seeing the same things on the court and 2) we probably got our dirt from very similar sources.  When asking our sources questions, we're asking very similar questions that reporters would ask based on what we're seeing and the sources are offering information based on narratives people want leaked.

If you go through what the insider threads have said that have more often than not lined up with what media has said and usually come out within a day of each other, its because they've been greenlighted to release.  The insiders don't have a production schedule to adhere to and sometimes scoop them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

If u sound it out c a m p s t e r , K I rch ne r and say it fast u'll unlock the code , oh snap they the same guy !!!!! 😉

LOL, I'd perpetuate this but I've doxxed myself multiple times on this site. See here:

Unless one of us is foofin, This ain't me: https://www.instagram.com/crkirschner/?hl=en    

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVTubqot59F/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

If u sound it out c a m p s t e r , K I rch ne r and say it fast u'll unlock the code , oh snap they the same guy !!!!! 😉

consonant, vowel, consonant(x4), er...   coincidence??

campster

kirchner

dumpster

bicycler

• Haha 1