• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

No, simply no. So much awful in this. Y'all really delusional. 

Elaborate….I know that there’s no way truly trading away everyone (aka “the house”) for Ayton…as it doesn’t work that way under the cap. I was just expressing how badly I’d love to get Trae and Ayton duo for years to come but I never said we shouldn’t go the route of acquiring any of the other players that’s been mentioned I just stated the issues they bring or don’t necessarily resolve ….I just believe Ayton is the perfect fit among all the players that’s been discussed or that the hawks have been linked to so far in terms of trades. Ayton is the only one that checks all the boxes that’s why it’s so hard for me to see us realistically trading for him cause Ayton would be too good to be true.

if we trade for your top choice Gobert I wouldn’t be mad at all. Let’s say we got Gobert for Bogi and Capela…I believe that deal works. The next thing i would be wondering is ok what’s the next move?…because Gobert doesn’t solve the fact that we need another scorer still who can go get his own shot or create for others and there aren’t a lot of perimeter guys who are 3&D to pick from however  …I do have a Trae & Gobert lineup I like a lot or should say a TON….

my dream scenario Trae & Gobert lineup:

Trae

Malcolm Brogdon

Hunter

Collins

Rudy Gobert

not sure what that trade looks like to acquire both Brogdon and Gobert but we’d need to keep Hunter and Collins (of course Trae) at all cost if we are going after Gobert in my opinion. Brogdon gives us another good scorer and playmaker. He’s also a decent defender when healthy.

Too much emphasis SOMETIMES is put on what a player did in the playoffs and not looking at the head coach.  The Hawks MAIN problem against the Heat is having no scheme answers.  As long as Nate is the head coach, does it really matter who is on the floor or who they trade for?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Too much emphasis SOMETIMES is put on what a player did in the playoffs and not looking at the head coach.  The Hawks MAIN problem against the Heat is having no scheme answers.  As long as Nate is the head coach, does it really matter who is on the floor or who they trade for?

Don’t compound the issue though.  Don’t have it that even if the coach has a lightbulb moment, gets hit in the head, gets replaced by a more suitable coach etc. that you’re still not in a position to affect the scheme because of the roster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JTB said:

Elaborate….I know that there’s no way truly trading away everyone (aka “the house”) for Ayton…as it doesn’t work that way under the cap. I was just expressing how badly I’d love to get Trae and Ayton duo for years to come but I never said we shouldn’t go the route of acquiring any of the other players that’s been mentioned I just stated the issues they bring or don’t necessarily resolve ….I just believe Ayton is the perfect fit among all the players that’s been discussed or that the hawks have been linked to so far in terms of trades. Ayton is the only one that checks all the boxes that’s why it’s so hard for me to see us realistically trading for him cause Ayton would be too good to be true.

if we trade for your top choice Gobert I wouldn’t be mad at all. Let’s say we got Gobert for Bogi and Capela…I believe that deal works. The next thing i would be wondering is ok what’s the next move?…because Gobert doesn’t solve the fact that we need another scorer still who can go get his own shot or create for others and there aren’t a lot of perimeter guys who are 3&D to pick from however  …I do have a Trae & Gobert lineup I like a lot or should say a TON….

my dream scenario Trae & Gobert lineup:

Trae

Malcolm Brogdon

Hunter

Collins

Rudy Gobert

not sure what that trade looks like to acquire both Brogdon and Gobert but we’d need to keep Hunter and Collins (of course Trae) at all cost if we are going after Gobert in my opinion. Brogdon gives us another good scorer and playmaker. He’s also a decent defender when healthy.

I will soon. If I had time, I would have gave you a thoughtful answer but I am short on time.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

You're purposely not answering the money question with gobert.

I wonder why. 🤔

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I like it get Gobert here. I may be rolling with @NBASupes here. Dude wants to win. For a big, he’s been quite available and he hasn’t played with anyone near Trae’s passing abilities so it would unlock his offense a bit more too.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I don’t mind what Gobert did there. Usually I would say it’s calling out a teammate but Mitchell is some hero ball stuff, Gobert is right get down and D up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like it get Gobert here. I may be rolling with @NBASupes here. Dude wants to win. For a big, he’s been quite available and he hasn’t played with anyone near Trae’s passing abilities so it would unlock his offense a bit more too.

If it's Gobert vs Ayton.  It's Ayton for me.  

If Gober was making 30MM a year, I'd be all for the trade, but I believe he's making a super max. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If it's Gobert vs Ayton.  It's Ayton for me.  

If Gober was making 30MM a year, I'd be all for the trade, but I believe he's making a super max. 

Are the Suns really not gonna match for Ayton? That’s kinda crazy.

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Are the Suns really not gonna match for Ayton? That’s kinda crazy.

Probably depends on this run. He stepped up big for them when Booker was out. 

Their owner is cheap apparently and with Paul's contract and Booker's contract, that max for Ayton is a lot of tax he'll be paying. 

I'd max out Ayton with no qualms if I were the Hawks.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

The article you sent was by a .. nevermind.

Dude... I was on Hawksquawk back when he was being conceived.  My legendary posts may have inspired his mama. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

This s*** ain't really rocket science though there's an entire coaching staff plus professional basketball players there you think they would have come up with something

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t mind what Gobert did there. Usually I would say it’s calling out a teammate but Mitchell is some hero ball stuff, Gobert is right get down and D up.

Yeah and to add to that I don’t think it’s crazy to say that WITH Trae young , Gobert is a legitimate 20-22 points per game scorer with extremely elite FG  shooting efficiency.

Regular season I can see how Gobert gives us more wins than Capela with his defense and honestly with his offense WITH Trae.

I mean after all… right now Gobert doesn’t get many lobs at the basket or post touches  or passes from Mitchell who dominates the hall for the Jazz and somehow Gobert still avgs 15 or 16 ppg mainly from put backs apparently….Trae is certainly an impactful enough playmaker who will get Gobert a minimum  5-7 more points per game on avg.

so when I think of Gobert with the hawks I do see a elite defender who will get 20-22 ppg cause he’s playing with a true playmaker but despite that we’d still have an issue where we need another guy who can go get a bucket at will.

for 40 mil per season…Trae would help make Gobert box stats look like a poor Giannis stat line. Gobert already matches Giannis defense numbers add Trae and now Gobert is 20 point scorer shooting like 60% or over. Yeah he’d be hard to ignore even IF those numbers our skewed.

• Like 4