• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, HawkingAwesome said:

How exactly do the hawks get ayton?

We would have to get him via SNT through Phoenix.  Phoenix is going to tax us really hard.   I can see it easily being Clint/OO/ 2 1sts. 

That's why I ask... Is he really worth all of that? 

He has a very good offensive game. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We would have to get him via SNT through Phoenix.  Phoenix is going to tax us really hard.   I can see it easily being Clint/OO/ 2 1sts. 

That's why I ask... Is he really worth all of that? 

He has a very good offensive game. 

I don't think they'd receive draft compensation in a SnT, at least not a first rounder.  They've already let it be known they do not believe he is worth the max by not extending him, so they should be happy to get quality players back in a salary match.  I don't think I've seen an instance of a SnT including multiple first rounders.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think @thecampster said this earlier but perhaps a 3rd team trade to get us picks from another team. I'm not sure when the Lakers can send out their own first again, it might be 2024? 

If I had to pick the three centers in order of who I would want it would go:

Ayton

Gobert

AD

And I have to add that Davis doesn't actually want to play center. 

Davis is not going to play C.. He'd be streetclothes Davis is that be the case. 

Ayton will cost us a lot. 

Gobert is not worth it... Did you see him last night.   Clint has better bunnies.  Luka had his way with Gobert. 

• Sad 1

Did anyone see Donovan Mitchell's post game presser? Seemed he was dodging all questions regarding him wanting to be in Utah or if he wants to be elsewhere. 

I know many people are against it for defensive purposes, and I get that. But I still want Donovan and Ayton as my dream offseason. If you can keep Hunter and get a defensive 4, that's a long term contender on the same timeline. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, warcore said:

Did anyone see Donovan Mitchell's post game presser? Seemed he was dodging all questions regarding him wanting to be in Utah or if he wants to be elsewhere. 

I know many people are against it for defensive purposes, and I get that. But I still want Donovan and Ayton as my dream offseason. If you can keep Hunter and get a defensive 4, that's a long term contender on the same timeline. 

• Thanks 4

I don’t watch a lot of Utah bb but has Mitchell always been so bad defensively? Looks like someone that has the tools to be a good defensive player but the little I did watch Utah during playoffs, dude looks lost and disinterested in playing d. 

• Premium Member

Mitchell is the same height as Trae. Seriously, go look it up. The difference is Mitchell has longer arms and is stronger. He could be slightly better on defense but not much more. He's not a good defender and never really has been.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, warcore said:

sure doesn't sound like you get it.

Did you not see what a disaster this team has become with it's swiss cheese perimeter defense?   We need to clean house and get rid of every bad defender we have and replace them with good defenders.    Getting Mitchell would be the polar opposite of that,

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Trae and Spider would be the worst defensive backcourt perhaps ever in the history of the NBA. I want no part of Mitchell. He needs to go somewhere that has more defenders to hide him on defense same as we do with Trae on defense. We can't hide two guys at the same time.

Would it be even worse than Trae and Bogi which is already the worst defensive backcourt perhaps in history?

I agree, putting any poor defender next to Trae is asking for the play in tournament again.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, SerbianHawk said:

But we need another scorer, and we will hardly find a better one on the market right now

I would rather improve at center or another position rather than trade for a guy that already is small for his position and can't really defend his position.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, SerbianHawk said:

But we need another scorer, and we will hardly find a better one on the market right now

we need defenders more than we need another scorer.

I'd rather follow the AI Philly blueprint than try and become Golden State East.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I would rather improve at center or another position rather than trade for a guy that already is small for his position and can't really defend his position.

Could probably get Collin Sexton for cheaper.

Cue @Spud2nique to bring up how certain folks wanted Sexton in that draft.  Who, me?  No, of course I was all Trae all the time.

Why're you lookin' at me like that?

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e471ry5xw2lr1bezqg62

• Haha 4