• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member

Yall want Trae to be a miracle worker. 

You want to pay 20 More million than what we would pay for Clint for more work for Trae. 

I'll will give you that he's a better rim protector on defense.  BUt on Defense, Clint gets out on the perimeter a lot better... and that's what kills Utah in the post season. 

On offense, I won't give him 20-22.. I will give him 16 max. 

Those 4 points are worth 20 million?

This seems more about opportunity than anything else.

It may not be doable, but I would like for Young to play alongside a SG that can be a secondary playmaker and defend.

Brogdon would be a good idea if he could stay healthy (but if he could, then he probably wouldn't possibly be available).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yall want Trae to be a miracle worker. 

You want to pay 20 More million than what we would pay for Clint for more work for Trae. 

I'll will give you that he's a better rim protector on defense.  BUt on Defense, Clint gets out on the perimeter a lot better... and that's what kills Utah in the post season. 

On offense, I won't give him 20-22.. I will give him 16 max. 

Those 4 points are worth 20 million?

This seems more about opportunity than anything else.

Rudy is way better on the perimeter than Clint. We just got enough personnel outside of Trae where we don't have weak defenders outside of Trae.

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Rudy is way better on the perimeter than Clint. We just got enough personnel outside of Trae where we don't have weak defenders outside of Trae.

This isn't true at all.  I watched that Jazz series and Rudy was not as quick on the perimeter as Capela.  He's a better rim defender and deters more shots, but on the perimeter, I'd go with Capela.  

This isn't saying Capela is a better defender, just that Capela is more fluid on the perimeter.  

The Hawks perimeter personnel were worse than the Jazz by the stats, so I don't see how you are saying the Hawks have better perimeter defenders than the Jazz.  The only semi positive defenders were Dre and Wright. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Dude... I was on Hawksquawk back when he was being conceived.  My legendary posts may have inspired his mama. 

:laugh1: I actually thought that as I typed that. My bad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Yeah and to add to that I don’t think it’s crazy to say that WITH Trae young , Gobert is a legitimate 20-22 points per game scorer with extremely elite FG  shooting efficiency.

Regular season I can see how Gobert gives us more wins than Capela with his defense and honestly with his offense WITH Trae.

I mean after all… right now Gobert doesn’t get many lobs at the basket or post touches  or passes from Mitchell who dominates the hall for the Jazz and somehow Gobert still avgs 15 or 16 ppg mainly from put backs apparently….Trae is certainly an impactful enough playmaker who will get Gobert a minimum  5-7 more points per game on avg.

so when I think of Gobert with the hawks I do see a elite defender who will get 20-22 ppg cause he’s playing with a true playmaker but despite that we’d still have an issue where we need another guy who can go get a bucket at will.

for 40 mil per season…Trae would help make Gobert box stats look like a poor Giannis stat line. Gobert already matches Giannis defense numbers add Trae and now Gobert is 20 point scorer shooting like 60% or over. Yeah he’d be hard to ignore even IF those numbers our skewed.

Agreed not only would Trae be the best player Gobert has played with but also Gobert will be the best player Trae has played with thus far.

20-22 ppg seems very legit. Rudy is one looooong individual, get him along with Hunter’s length and we have more coverage and length on D.

I like it. I wouldn’t mind it. Might be time to send JC back to his home in Utah and have him run with Spida.

PG- Trae

SG- Bogi

SF- Hunter

PF- Okongwu (with a new outside shot)

C- Gobert

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This isn't true at all.  I watched that Jazz series and Rudy was not as quick on the perimeter as Capela.  He's a better rim defender and deters more shots, but on the perimeter, I'd go with Capela.  

I dunno man Gobert tracked Doncic (not super speedy but crafty) and swatted him too, not just in the paint, against step by step with him to the basket.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I dunno man Gobert tracked Doncic (not super speedy but crafty) and swatted him too, not just in the paint, against step by step with him to the basket.

Watch the rest of the game where they were killing him.

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Uhhhh no. Plus no way on Rudy Gay. He’s done. He’s not a winner or a playoff performer or anything worthwhile.

I’d do this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y2yefc4e

Been wanting Clarkson for a few years now. He’s perfect for us.

0B1B394A-DF51-42B6-BDEB-7892A706A315.jpeg

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Let's say that part of this trade is true..

Let's say  CC/JC/#16 for Gobert/Gay...

How do we follow that up to make Gobert effective?

For grins... Let's say that we do go out and get Robert Covington.

Can a lineup of:

Gobert, Covington, Dre, Huerter, and Young  Win in this NBA?

• Premium Member

The problems that Gobert experienced in Utah are the same he will experience here. 

• Drop Coverage exploitation. 
  • Can't cover for players on the perimeter. 
  • Offensively all he can do is rim run. 

Ayton is a better fit.   However, if we got Gobert, we would have to put some defenders around him otherwise, he'd be singing the same complaints that he's singing now. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d do this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y2yefc4e

Been wanting Clarkson for a few years now. He’s perfect for us.

0B1B394A-DF51-42B6-BDEB-7892A706A315.jpeg

Nice trade but what do we with capela? Is he swung in another trade perhaps for AD ?…. Per @thecampster inside notes the front office seem to believe that collins would do better with a longer more elite defensive center so I never thought about realistically trading collins away if we land Gobert but if we did trade collins and Bogi I’d be very ok with this trade.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Let's say that part of this trade is true..

Let's say  CC/JC/#16 for Gobert/Gay...

How do we follow that up to make Gobert effective?

For grins... Let's say that we do go out and get Robert Covington.

Can a lineup of:

Gobert, Covington, Dre, Huerter, and Young  Win in this NBA?

I don’t think in any world we are trading both our bigs to get back Gobert….it’s either one or the other along with a wing probably Bogi since he’s the most injury prone and or Gallo since he has a expiring contract.

either way I’d go after roco this summer and seriously consider playing him at SF and Dre at SG.

the hawks want to get bigger, longer, more physical around Trae so Huerter or Bogi in the starting lineup to me just doesn’t fit that bill any longer 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The problems that Gobert experienced in Utah are the same he will experience here. 

• Drop Coverage exploitation. 
  • Can't cover for players on the perimeter. 
  • Offensively all he can do is rim run. 

Ayton is a better fit.   However, if we got Gobert, we would have to put some defenders around him otherwise, he'd be singing the same complaints that he's singing now. 

I’d rather have Ayton too but Gobert seems like a more realistic trade target. Cheap or not I can’t see the suns not paying Ayton it would be too stupid.

if we get Gobert there’s some lineups I like that others may not but would be better perimeter defense for Gobert in most these lineups outside of Trae.

Starters group 1:

trae, Brogdon, hunter, collins, Gobert 

Starters group 2:

trae, Hunter, Roco, Collins, Gobert 

Starters group 3:

trae, clarkson, hunter, Davis, Gobert 

Starter group 4:

trae, defensive 2 via trade for collins,  hunter, Siakam, Capela or Gobert

the starters group 1 is my personal favorite with group 2 as a close favorite as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

I’d rather have Ayton too but Gobert seems like a more realistic trade target. Cheap or not I can’t see the suns not paying Ayton it would be too stupid.

if we get Gobert there’s some lineups I like that others may not but would be better perimeter defense for Gobert in most these lineups outside of Trae.

Starters group 1:

trae, Brogdon, hunter, collins, Gobert 

Starters group 2:

trae, Hunter, Roco, Collins, Gobert 

Starters group 3:

trae, clarkson, hunter, Davis, Gobert 

Starter group 4:

trae, defensive 2 via trade for collins,  hunter, Siakam, Capela or Gobert

the starters group 1 is my personal favorite with group 2 as a close favorite as well.

Here's my question regarding Gobert.....is he $57,411,824 better than Clint over the next 3 seasons?  Because that's how much MORE he makes than Clint over that time frame.  That's $19,137,275 more PER SEASON.  Not to mention Gobert has a player option in 4 years that will be for $46,655,000.  Maybe Rudy is just that much better than Clint, but I kinda doubt it.  

I'm all in on the Ayton train.  And I think the reason Phx does it is because they are cheap AND they could get Clint as a consolation to losing Ayton which is better than any one else they are likely to get at the 5, imo.  Clint is on a reasonable deal and can be productive in Phx.  So maybe that's intriguing?  They still might not do it.  But if I'm TS and the Hawks, Ayton is my number 1 target.  He's a young upgrade from Clint and won't cost nearly as much as Gobert. 

• Like 4