• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Upgrade coming per Schlenk

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

This looks like one of those trades that could end up looking like this in a couple years:  "Wow!  I can't believe the Suns landed JJ for Jae Crowder.  Is he still in the league?"

Or even worse:

"Pretty cool that we traded for JJ and then resigned Crowder in the offseason!  Basically got JJ in exchange for letting Atlanta rent Crowder for a year!"

I was excited as anyone watching him compete against his peers in SL/GL, but this right here is the big reason why I want to see JJ out there.  I'd really like to see his potential in the games that count before we find ourselves in a middle of a trade and the other team is insisting on him as a part of the package.  Or worse...he gets frustrated and we end up moving him for much of nothing at all. 

This is also one of the things that burns me about last season.  I know we don't have insight into practice and all that...but man, the lack of PT he got last season was eye-opening compared to other rooks - especially considering amount of absences we had and how the season turned out.

Side note...

I'm actually here posting because I saw the Kyrie convo without checking the date.  I just instinctively disabled my lurker cloak.  LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

This looks like one of those trades that could end up looking like this in a couple years:  "Wow!  I can't believe the Suns landed JJ for Jae Crowder.  Is he still in the league?"

Or even worse:

"Pretty cool that we traded for JJ and then resigned Crowder in the offseason!  Basically got JJ in exchange for letting Atlanta rent Crowder for a year!"

iknow-cry.gif

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, AHF said:

Or even worse:

I realize we haven’t been to a point where.. “let’s go for it” really means “let’s go for it”..

But…

AHF… I have good/bad news for you and they’re both the same. We are a contender, that means a thing or two. It means…

Sometimes you gotta sacrifice for that finals piece.

ps Screw you all I didn’t know he was expiring so back the F off. :angry2: 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I meant the present Crowder. Look everywhere he’s been they’ve been a fierce team defensively with the exception on the Suns. Celts, Heat.. 

He fits and he fits really well. He could be the guy to get us over the hump when we play teams like the Sixers (Tucker) the Heat (Crowder former squad; incentive for revenge).

Lets get him. 

Hard to match the salaries without giving up Jalen or AJ, and then we’re right up against the luxury tax again. So no thanks Phoenix.. lol

47 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I agree that it’s not worth trading for him if it’s a rental but let’s not get carried away people, he’s better than Justin Holiday. @marco102 👀 

So?  F them.  Dudes basically a buyout guy.  No way they get value for him just 'cause they say so.  They're lucky to get Holiday for him IF we offer.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So?  F them.  Dudes basically a buyout guy.  No way they get value for him just 'cause they say so.  They're lucky to get Holiday for him IF we offer.

Ok now you and your “good time buddies” (ya I said it, good time buddies) can gang up on me all you want but come late May, when we need a stop on defense and need a wing/big (can use small ball) who knocks down threes and don’t got one don’t come crying to me. 

You guys know Holiday is gonna get bullied on D some.

Crowder has hit big threes. He’s a vet. We need to match PJ Tucker. Holiday and a 2nd is good. Something.

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok now you and your “good time buddies” (ya I said it, good time buddies) can gang up on me all you want but come late May, when we need a stop on defense and need a wing/big (can use small ball) who knocks down threes and don’t got one don’t come crying to me. 

You guys know Holiday is gonna get bullied on D some.

Crowder has hit big threes. He’s a vet. We need to match PJ Tucker. Holiday and a 2nd is good. Something.

He's an upgrade, just not worth Johnson.  Don't pay PHX's price.  They're the ones who are desperate. 

• Like 2

Crowder would have made more sense if we hadn’t trader Harkless.

That was a closer salary match. Now, we are talking about potentially trading 2 rotation guys for an expiring player.

Idk if it makes sense. Im not trying to lose JJ or AJ in a deal for Crowder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ve always kinda wanted Crowder or Smart or somebody that gets down!

Can't take you seriously, Spud, when you've been so insistent to rule out somebody who really gets down...

😄