• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All-NBA Trae!

ATLHawks3

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Goodwill, Vince Yahoo! Sports

Fake a**.  This is the guy out here literally hating on the current Bulls because he was a PissedOns fan during the Jordan era.

Aren't you supposed to be a "journalist"?  Grow TF up.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Arnovitz, Kevin ESPN

Pasch, Dave ESPN

Rose, Jalen ESPN   (WTF?  He put Kyrie?)

A pattern, I see.  Thanks for lettin us know how the meeting went when yall coordinated this smear campaign. 

Jalen, bro, I knew you was a problem when I saw you order that dry a** sub from Publix in Roswell.  With chips too?  Dude lucky you ain't choke on the way to the car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

The voting is kind of crazy.

Siakam only appeared on 49/100 ballots

There's really 6 guys who are at the top in terms of points: Giannis/Luka/Jokic/Booker/Embiid/Tatum 

After those top 6, Ja Morant is the top vote getter by a decent margin and nearly 200 'points' ahead of Trae.  

• Confused 2

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The voting is kind of crazy.

Siakam only appeared on 49/100 ballots

There's really 6 guys who are at the top in terms of points: Giannis/Luka/Jokic/Booker/Embiid/Tatum 

After those top 6, Ja Morant is the top vote getter by a decent margin and nearly 200 'points' ahead of Trae.  

A Ja Morant Dunk counts as a 4 pointer....

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Defensive metrics, by their nature, are traditionally impossible to pin down accurately. We all know this. But here's a tell: playoff teams go at Luka on D like he stole from their grandma, just like they do at Trae. We all should know by now Luka Donuts is about as stiff on D as a fart in the wind. 

Yes but he has like a 7''2 wingspan vs Trae's 6'2 so it doesn't really matter he is a more impactful player on that end. Even when Trae is in posiiton every single player on the floor can shoot over him with ease. 

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is inexplicable.  

Trae scored one more point per game and had three more assists per game.  Trae scored significantly more efficiently (Morant took more shots per game but scored fewer points).  Trae had a better A/TO ratio.  Trae put up 10 win shares to 6.7 for Morant.  Trae averaged more WS per minute.  Of course, Trae missed much less time.  Trae’s team did worse while Morant’s did better when they were missing.

There is literally no argument available for Morant other than “highlight big jump play FTW!!”

100% and Tatum and Doncic are both forwards the only guard on the first team is Booker, and the second should be Trae.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

These are the ones i found that left Trae off entirely.   I could have gotten some wrong.

Arnovitz, Kevin ESPN

Miyaji, Yoko Sports Graphic Number

Pasch, Dave ESPN

Reynolds, Tim Associated Press

Robbins, Josh The Athletic

Rose, Jalen ESPN   (WTF?  He put Kyrie?)

Schutz, Guillermo Televisa (TUDN)

Stavrou, Harris Sport24

Sohi, Seerat The Ringer

The names i saw 'in place' of Trae were Donovan Mitchell, Bam and Gobert (i know they aren't guards but somehow it seemed to work out that way).  

And how TF is Chris freaking Kirschner the only person on the ATL beat with a vote? His punkass should be the last person among our local media to have that...

4 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yes but he has like a 7''2 wingspan vs Trae's 6'2 so it doesn't really matter he is a more impactful player on that end. Even when Trae is in posiiton every single player on the floor can shoot over him with ease. 

As evidenced by playoff teams attacking him relentlessly and successfully over and over again. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

And how TF is Chris freaking Kirschner the only person on the ATL beat with a vote? His punkass should be the last person among our local media to have that...

As evidenced by playoff teams attacking him relentlessly and successfully over and over again. 

If it's been such an incredible struggle how the hell did they get past Utah and Phoenix.?Doncic's on /off and box score stats are fantastic in the playoffs he ranks #1 on the team among any of the rotation players in defensive rating and Defensive box plus minus.

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

If it's been such an incredible struggle how the hell did they get past Utah and Phoenix.?

Now ask this same question how Trae got past NYK and Philly, and won 2 games vs the Bucks last year? 

Face it, Luka is a trash defender. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

he ranks #1 on the team among any of the rotation players in defensive rating and Defensive box plus minus.

Well this is incredibly damning of those stats then.   If this is supposed to indicate that he's the best defender on the team then why is GS trying to switch onto him on every play and then blow by him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Now ask this same question how Trae got past NYK and Philly, and won 2 games vs the Bucks last year? 

Face it, Luka is a trash defender. 

Trae is much worse lol He ranked dead last in defensive rating in last years playoffs and second to last behind Lou Williams in defensive +-.

You can cherry pick individual Luka posessions all you want and his one on one defense may be trash but it's a matter of indisputable fact that Dallas has played it's best defense with Doncic on the court in the playoffs and the dropoff in team defense when he is on and off the court has been very big. All this is measurable. The oppossite is usually true for Trae Young. If Trae had a 7'2 wingspan and a big fat body maybe his defensive impact would be average to good as it is with Doncic, but he doesn't. He has a frame closer to Isiahia Thomas and you combine that with extremely poor effort most nights and that hurts our team defense every second he is on the court, in a way that does not happen in Dallas with Doncic.

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well this is incredibly damning of those stats then.   If this is supposed to indicate that he's the best defender on the team then why is GS trying to switch onto him on every play and then blow by him?

It's not damning it's a matter of fact that Dallas is giving up the least points when Doncic is in the game, and he's in the game the majority of the time so it's not some kind of small sample thing. Maybe the fact you are looking at one or two games out of 20 in these playoffs is the small sample.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

It's not damning it's a matter of fact that Dallas is giving up the least points when Doncic is in the game, and he's in the game the majority of the time so it's not some kind of small sample thing. Maybe the fact you are looking at one or two games out of 20 in these playoffs is the small sample.

Could be.  Or could be that the guys coming in to give him a breather suck.   I'm curious if anyone else is watching Dallas in the playoffs coming away with the impression that Luka is a good defender.   That's wild to me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Could be.  Or could be that the guys coming in to give him a breather suck.   I'm curious if anyone else is watching Dallas in the playoffs coming away with the impression that Luka is a good defender.   That's wild to me.  

Only people with an agenda. 

• Like 4