• Don Mitch
    • Ben Simmons
    • Sexton
    • Siakam
    • Beal
    • Brogdon
    • Other (name the player)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/2022 at 09:35 PM

18 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not sure who of these players is legitimately available but the name I think is the biggest no-brainer if he becomes available is Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.

SGA would be perfect next to Trae imo.  I just don't think he's available.  Many of the others may not be available either but at least they are being talked about as potentially available.  Haven't heard a peep out of OKC being willing to move off of SGA though.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Voted Other:

Dejounte Murray - takes care of ballhandling (9.2 apg), scoring (21 ppg), perimter defense (2 spg), rebounding at wing (8.3 rpg).

Dreams GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Voted Other:

Dejounte Murray - takes care of ballhandling (9.2 apg), scoring (21 ppg), perimter defense (2 spg), rebounding at wing (8.3 rpg).

This cat's name has come up in here a few times this year.  I know almost nothing about him, except that he made the ASG...but ya'll keep mentioning him.  I might have to take a look. 

And as I'm re-reading this stat line, dude is puling down a wholebuncha rebounds for a PG.  Interesting.  Has there been any rumblings at all on the trade market about him? I can't imagine why the Spurs would make him available.  I'll put him in that SGA, KAT, Zion, and formerly Ayton category for me as players that I like but can't imagine having much availability.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Wretch said:

This cat's name has come up in here a few times this year.  I know almost nothing about him, except that he made the ASG...but ya'll keep mentioning him.  I might have to take a look. 

And as I'm re-reading this stat line, dude is puling down a wholebuncha rebounds for a PG.  Interesting.  Has there been any rumblings at all on the trade market about him? I can't imagine why the Spurs would make him available.  I'll put him in that SGA, KAT, Zion, and formerly Ayton category for me as players that I like but can't imagine having much availability.

He was on the trade block the last 2 seasons.   Spurs were deciding which of him or Derrick White to trade at the start of this season, they ended up moving White at the trade deadline.

I wanted Murray last offseason when his value was low but now he went out and made the ASG...bummer.

• Like 3

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He was on the trade block the last 2 seasons.   Spurs were deciding which of him or Derrick White to trade at the start of this season, they ended up moving White at the trade deadline.

I wanted Murray last offseason when his value was low but now he went out and made the ASG...bummer.

Murray was?   I just can't understand why they'd give up their best player.   They are going to start the rebuild over when they just have gotten started?  I can't figure out what they are doing in SA. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Murray was?   I just can't understand why they'd give up their best player.   They are going to start the rebuild over when they just have gotten started?  I can't figure out what they are doing in SA. 

He was on the trade block before they gave him his early extension.  I don't think anyone expected him to make the leap this year and make the ASG.  He was a 15ppg/5apg the previous year.

Yes, he is their best player, but is he a guy to build around or just build WITH.

Spurs are in that in between stage and what they do will depend on how much longer Pop will stick around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Zach Lavine should be the target.

Just him? Or him and Ayton/Gobert? 

If just him, how much does that help us? Does it take us up a tier? 2 tiers? Let’s say 5 tiers are the elite of the league. Does it take us from 2-4 or 3-5?

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

If just him, how much does that help us? Does it take us up a tier? 2 tiers? Let’s say 5 tiers are the elite of the league. Does it take us from 2-4 or 3-5?

If we can stay healthy, I think we are a contender by just adding Lavine.  We made the ECF two years ago basically without Bogi and Hunter.  If we added Lavine and Hunter/Collins/Capela are healthy come playoff time?  Would be crazy.  

The problem is staying healthy, we haven't been able to do that the past 2 years. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

LOL.........  Man that's so Hawks-like. 

Just took a min-dive on him, holy frijoles how did I not know about this dude...  I can't imagine they still have him out there.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yup. I remember you wanting White and Murray. Or one or the other. He would be my ideal guy to trade for if Spurs made him available, Murray that is. 

Spurs and OKC are in weird timelines with Murray and SGA respectively. We should be ready to pounce. Either would make a brilliant partner in the backcourt with Trae.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don't know if we can get multiple stars. So I'm targeting the guy who has the most ability to win us a game. In the 4th quarter, we'd have 2 guys that would have the ability to get their own shot on the floor.  Lavine is also a decent secondary playmaker, so he can and will find the open man ... including Trae off the ball.

Lavine is a 3 level scorer that could legitimately lead the Hawks in scoring, while also giving Trae the ability to increase his efficiency, due to him not facing as many double teams.

The big thing with Lavine, is that he could make us a 50 - 55 win team and get us a top 4 seed ... if he can play 65 - 70 games, something he's struggling to do in his career. 

It's a big risk but that's a risk I'm willing to take.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@AHF @bird_dirt the UK 2 step? Did you guys do this at the frat house with Ash watching? Oh boooyyyyy!!! 

image.gif.f653b6d13b66172b06a1ce516956831f.gif

@AHF can hold a helluva plank. Kudos to him for always being there to lift me up. 

As for the pole poll, I chose other. There’s probably a 1% chance at these, but my top choice would be Brandon Ingram or my pole partner’s choice (and Big Blue alum) SGA. 
@JayBirdHawk‘s Murray would be great too. 

of all the names listed, I’d probably roll the dice on Ayton though. I think he’s got the most upside. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

@AHF can hold a helluva plank.

I told you all those long hours of @kg01 kickin him in the stomach at the park would pay off! :approved:

I like SGA! 

I like Murray!

I like Ayton! (I questioned his passion on D but let’s face it, all players have some weakness). I’m now leaning him or Gobert because of the future. We aren’t in it for the next 2 or 3 but hopefully 10-12 years. Ayton might be the dominant center we haven’t had since Deke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don't know if we can get multiple stars. So I'm targeting the guy who has the most ability to win us a game. In the 4th quarter, we'd have 2 guys that would have the ability to get their own shot on the floor.  Lavine is also a decent secondary playmaker, so he can and will find the open man ... including Trae off the ball.

Lavine is a 3 level scorer that could legitimately lead the Hawks in scoring, while also giving Trae the ability to increase his efficiency, due to him not facing as many double teams.

The big thing with Lavine, is that he could make us a 50 - 55 win team and get us a top 4 seed ... if he can play 65 - 70 games, something he's struggling to do in his career. 

It's a big risk but that's a risk I'm willing to take.  

• Thanks 1