• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we move up to 4 or 7 and trade JC, who do you want?

NBASupes

Sacramento trade will cost us JC and 16 for sure. Portland wi cost us the same thanks to thestepien rule but we can also get Hart which soften the blow. 

For me, 4 is easy, its Ivey. I personally don't think he falls passed 2 based on what I've heard and I dont think 4 will be available as Sacramento wants one of the bigs. 

For 7, I like Shaedon Sharpe. He's boom or bust and I honestly think Daniels is better right now but Sharpe is the Trae Young/Anthony Edwards of this draft. 49 inch vertical, got handles, can finish in traffic, can go off one or two feet. Reminds me of baby Vince Carter. 

I like Mathurin and Daniels too. Griffin for me has the highest floor but he comes off to me like a Jamal Mashburn which is a legit offensive minded SF, I would ideally like more defense. Athletic and strong just like Monster Mash. Can shoot. High BBIQ. I like him. 

For me, Sharpe is the best talent but he's terrible right now. Daniels can help us but hes not better than Kevin or Bogi or even close. Mathurin intriguing as he's floor is high and his ceiling is clear. 3&D guard with freak athleticism and nice straight line ability. He's a bit limited though and would have to learn the game at a high level. 

For me, Sharpe, Daniels, and Mathurin. Griffin 4th for me but he's good, just my preference is a SF with D which is massive in today's NBA. I don't know much about Murphy outside of the few times I saw him, I am clueless about him for the most part. I saw Sharpe in HS. 

Either 4 or 7 you take BPA. I think up to 7-8 there is enough talent to potentially get starter or rotation guy.

Sharpe, Mathurin, Ivey , Murray, Chet, Jabari, Blanchero

After that it drops off.

Of all of them Ivey and Holmgren (Durant prototype) are the only superstar potentials I see. Ivey got the ups and Holgrem got the sly smoothness. 

but overall I think the chances of us keeping our picks are 0-5%. Travis has been saying we are young for 2 years so I doubt he wants to stay young.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1

Ivey or bust for me. I assume if TS is going to give up assets to move up, I has to be for someone specific, not just a generic BPA. 
I would be intrigued by Sharpe, but only bc he practiced with other UK Wildcats. I wonder if he will be like another UK practice squad guy, Hamiduo Diallo. Highly touted, super athletic guy with major hops, but zero post High School games. Super risky. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Ivey or bust for me. I assume if TS is going to give up assets to move up, I has to be for someone specific, not just a generic BPA. 
I would be intrigued by Sharpe, but only bc he practiced with other UK Wildcats. I wonder if he will be like another UK practice squad guy, Hamiduo Diallo. Highly touted, super athletic guy with major hops, but zero post High School games. Super risky. 

Hami wasn't close to this level

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Sacramento trade will cost us JC and 16 for sure. Portland wi cost us the same thanks to thestepien rule but we can also get Hart which soften the blow. 

For me, 4 is easy, its Ivey. I personally don't think he falls passed 2 based on what I've heard and I dont think 4 will be available as Sacramento wants one of the bigs. 

For 7, I like Shaedon Sharpe. He's boom or bust and I honestly think Daniels is better right now but Sharpe is the Trae Young/Anthony Edwards of this draft. 49 inch vertical, got handles, can finish in traffic, can go off one or two feet. Reminds me of baby Vince Carter. 

I like Mathurin and Daniels too. Griffin for me has the highest floor but he comes off to me like a Jamal Mashburn which is a legit offensive minded SF, I would ideally like more defense. Athletic and strong just like Monster Mash. Can shoot. High BBIQ. I like him. 

For me, Sharpe is the best talent but he's terrible right now. Daniels can help us but hes not better than Kevin or Bogi or even close. Mathurin intriguing as he's floor is high and his ceiling is clear. 3&D guard with freak athleticism and nice straight line ability. He's a bit limited though and would have to learn the game at a high level. 

For me, Sharpe, Daniels, and Mathurin. Griffin 4th for me but he's good, just my preference is a SF with D which is massive in today's NBA. I don't know much about Murphy outside of the few times I saw him, I am clueless about him for the most part. I saw Sharpe in HS. 

Nate will love sending whomever we pick to the g-league.  No point in using the draft to acquire players with him at the helm.  Let's give away Collins for g-league fodder, right?

Edited by Watchman
  • Thanks 1

I’m on the side of not moving up and even flipping #16 for an established player.

Having said that, my absolute favorite player in the draft is KEEGAN MURRAY from Iowa. I love the fact that he knows what he’s good at and plays to those strengths. There is something super fundamental about this guy that gives off positive vibes for his future.

At #4,

I’d take KEEGAN MURRAY

At #7,

I’d take AJ GRIFFIN (this kid is gonna be a player, perfect wing type dog of a player, he gets after it.

Having said that, Hawks need to package #16 and pull themselves OUT OF THIS DRAFT. Play JJ and Coop, they basically our seasoned rookies this year. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Watchman said:

Nate will love sending whomever we pick to the g-league.  No point in using the draft to acquire players with him at the helm.  Let's give away Collins for g-league fodder, right?

To be honest, if we draft a SG which is what we been targeting heavily for the last two years, it's likely going to be a player behind Bogi, Kevin, and Hart in the rotation. Chances are, they will be in CP hooping it up with Coop, Brown, and the gang.

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

At #7,

I’d take AJ GRIFFIN (this kid is gonna be a player, perfect wing type dog of a player, he gets after it.

Having said that, Hawks need to package #16 and pull themselves OUT OF THIS DRAFT. Play JJ and Coop, they basically our seasoned rookies this year. 

instead of Griffin, you could just sign Justise Winslow off the scrap heap for cheap.

Glad you came to your senses by the end of your post though, bro-lio. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Watchman said:

No.  This has been debunked very well by Diesel in previous threads.  He went through the entire history of Nate playing rookies.  This is recency bias.  He didn't play Jalen, but probably because of how raw he was due to not playing much in college, or even his senior year of HS.  

Let's do this.  Nate has a long coaching history.  Find an example of a rookie he didn't play that went on to have a noteworthy career.  I think what is more accurate is that people were understandably annoyed by how little he played Jalen and Cooper, but that doesn't mean he will send every rookie to the G League.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

No.  This has been debunked very well by Diesel in previous threads.  He went through the entire history of Nate playing rookies.  This is recency bias.  He didn't play Jalen, but probably because of how raw he was due to not playing much in college, or even his senior year of HS.  

Let's do this.  Nate has a long coaching history.  Find an example of a rookie he didn't play that went on to have a noteworthy career.  I think what is more accurate is that people were understandably annoyed by how little he played Jalen and Cooper, but that doesn't mean he will send every rookie to the G League.  

It depends who we traded up for. We could have moved up for JOSH Primo and he wouldn't have played much. But if we moved up for Chris Duarte, he would have played a lot. A lot of our fans don't want to admit we swung for the fences last year on potential with JJ and Coop. There is a reason those guys dropped.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of our fans don't want to admit we swung for the fences last year on potential with JJ and Coop. There is a reason those guys dropped.

I don't think picking at #19 and a late 2nd rounder is swinging for the fences. 

Those guys dropped in the range we picked as BPA. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think picking at #19 and a late 2nd rounder is swinging for the fences. 

Those guys dropped in the range we picked as BPA. 

They weren't the best players available, they had the best talent available and I loved the picks. Go with talent and trust your system. The draft is too hard to swing on need.