If we move up to 4 or 7 and trade JC, who do you want?

NBASupes

3 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

I know this was a convo between you & Jaybird, but I am glad she asked the question and would like to know the Hawks interest in Tari Eason & Nikola Jovic.

Yup. If we keep 16 and Jovic is there, I think he could be a good potential player. Good playmaker, would need some work on defense. I would like him as a pick more if we were to get Gobert than I would if we were to get Ayton. 

On his Locked on Hawks podcast last week, Brad Rowland had Jake Rosen on. I hadn't heard of him, but I guess he's a draft expert and made some good points.

But Brad asked him who the most realistic best fit would be for the Hawks. He jokingly said Ivey (jokingly as he won't be there at 16) and that a backcourt of Trae / Ivey would be " his dream Hawks pick and as good of a fit as there is. It would change the landscape of the East for years to come."

Yayyyy I officially want him on the Hawks and have set myself up for the inevitable disappointment... 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Can't remember if I've actually posted on this thread but I'll just say I don't really want to see us trade up into the lottery.  If we hit on the next Antman or something that would be great but the bust rate is far too high and the developmental curve far too slow for my liking given where we are as a team.  I want to see JJ and Coop get a chance next year and am content with that for rookie development.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

1. Keegan Murray

2. AJ Griffin

I get that their solid players. But unless you're moving Deandre, they're coming off the bench. I think they wanna go somewhere they can start.... a la Cam Reddish. 

If we're trading up, it's gotta be for a 2. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2022 at 11:50 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Food for thought?

Honestly why I thought Wingstop was a flawed premise.  We won with Gallo, Collins, Bogi, and Snell shooting threes.  All of the lineups with Hunter and Cam were net negative.  Everyone was hoping and believing for "magic" stuff to happen with our wings.  

I will say we won a lot of games without Collins to close out the season.  Perhaps our best stretch of the year.  But this is a great question by Glen Willis.  I don't have an answer. 

• Like 1

Ivey is really good! I know people don’t want to hear it but he’s like the perfect fit next to Trae. Basically a taller version of Ja…I hate the Westbrook comparisons because to me Westbrook is wreckless and has always been and undisciplined with no jumpshot.

ivey and Ja has great body control when they attack and both are way better than Westbrook in the half court in terms of BBIQ in my opinion.

I get at the nba level Ivey of course is unproven until he plays but look folks…sometimes you can just tell. With all the spacing in this nba era I can’t see how this guy is going to fail offensively.

He’s the only lottery pick outside of Jabari Smith I’d be willing to trade Collins for if I’m Landry or Schlenk.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'm going into the draft completely blind, probably for the first time ever. Didn't follow college b-ball at all and haven't seen any youtube or mock stuff anywhere. 

Please go watch a few of Jaden Iveys full games and highlights. This kid is awesome! You will see why the Hawks are high on him and may be willing to try to move up to get him.